Auburn offensive breakdown vs. LSU

StatTiger

It's nice that "offensive breakdown" doesn't mean "a list of what went wrong and who forgot to block who" for a change.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

Other than the great production of these videos, what I really like about them is I can play them with the sound muted at work and still understand what is happening...:party:

• Like 3

Those passes to JJ were tone setting. I was very wrong about him. I had silently predicted he would be on the bench and ask for a move to defense. I was thinking Ladarius Phillips part 2. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, alexava said:

Those passes to JJ were tone setting. I was very wrong about him. I had silently predicted he would be on the bench and ask for a move to defense. I was thinking Ladarius Phillips part 2. 

Ladarious Phillips. That’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile. Such a tragedy...😔

• Like 1

FINALLY utilizing mismatches in the route concepts. I remember after the UGA game Aaron Rogers broke down some of our passing routes. They weren't bad designs, but just the personal for the routes were awful. Great video. Slowly but surely, the O is coming along. BIGGG kudos to our OL. It's unreal how much those guys have improved. 

• Like 1

II enjoy seeing this after reading some "experts" on here tell us why the Schwartz TD was a busted coverage and had nothing to do with AU's offense doing a good job. I am sure the CB reading the play fake as AS blew past him had nothing to do with this play working.

2 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

II enjoy seeing this after reading some "experts" on here tell us why the Schwartz TD was a busted coverage and had nothing to do with AU's offense doing a good job. I am sure the CB reading the play fake as AS blew past him had nothing to do with this play working.

Oh it’s there on other threads already!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, toddc said:

Oh it’s there on other threads already!

I am sick of reading thread after thread of how we suck at this or we suck at that. The coaches suck. Recruiting sucks. 

We could lose the entire QB room to Covid and only beat MSU by 3 with Peques taking snaps and people would blame QB development for offensive problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I was thinking it should be a penalty... lol

The drum intro is awesome, seamlessly evolving through time signatures. The next two compositions were world class. Kudos to your musical team for putting everything together. The sound quality and compositions are top notch.

7 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

The LSU board was complaining the Capers TD was a pick. I know Danielson called it a rub, as it was called here.  What makes it a pick vs a rub? O

There was a fairly blatant pick that someone ran against us in the past few games but I can't remember. Essentially, a rub is just a not blatant pick, where you can actually argue a route is being ran

This is the most blatant example of a really bad pick I know of: http://www.syedschemes.com/td-or-penalty-analyzing-the-controversial-end-to-notre-dame-vs-fsu/ 

ND's left slot receiver clearly looks the block from the jump. The right slot kinda adds some dressing to make it look like a route but he also begins blocking before the catch is even close to made. I think they might've got away with it maybe. All about nuance yknow

11 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

The LSU board was complaining the Capers TD was a pick. I know Danielson called it a rub, as it was called here.  What makes it a pick vs a rub? O

How you sell it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

The LSU board was complaining the Capers TD was a pick. I know Danielson called it a rub, as it was called here.  What makes it a pick vs a rub?

As long as the WR looks toward his QB while picking, it’s a legal rub. If he doesn’t, it’s a pick. 

• Like 1

• RunInRed featured and pinned this topic

I am loving the two tight-end sets. It goes to something I have noticed about football over the last decade. New looks, new formations, new plays, etc. are very disruptive, because there are no tendencies associated with them. However, the corollary is their novelty is ephemeral.