Well, Jones lost...

DKW 86

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Congrats Alabama.  You elected a certified moron as your Senator.

I agree, but I still think that is better than a smart person who intentionally votes contrary to his constituents' wishes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I agree, but I still think that is better than a smart person who intentionally votes contrary to his constituents' wishes.

Yeah, it's totally unfair to morons.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Congrats Alabama.  You elected a certified moron as your Senator.

*ahem"

Plagiarist

Y'all are hilarious!!! Who knew that the purpose of the Senate was to have a good Quiz Bowl team!

If Doug Jones had compromised some then he might have kept his seat. Voting to impeach Trump when NO ONE thought anything would come of it and voting against the confirmation of Kavanaugh sealed his fate. He is way smarter than Tuberville, but he was not smart enough to keep his senate seat (though admittedly that may not have been his ultimate goal).

9 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Y'all are hilarious!!! Who knew that the purpose of the Senate was to have a good Quiz Bowl team!

If Doug Jones had compromised some then he might have kept his seat. Voting to impeach Trump when NO ONE thought anything would come of it and voting against the confirmation of Kavanaugh sealed his fate. He is way smarter than Tuberville, but he was not smart enough to keep his senate seat (though admittedly that may not have been his ultimate goal).

It's called "being principled".  It's why he never really had a chance in Alabama, even running against an idiot.

But then, I shouldn't cast stones - my state re-elected Lindsey Graham, who is completely devoid of principles.

13 minutes ago, Grumps said:

It's not about being a quiz bowl.  It's about the fact that Alabamians elected a man to the freaking U.S. Senate that apparently doesn't understand our basic government structure.  Seems like that may be important in a position like Senator.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's not about being a quiz bowl.  It's about the fact that Alabamians elected a man to the freaking U.S. Senate that apparently doesn't understand our basic government structure.  Seems like that may be important in a position like Senator.

We have a reality show host as our president.....just sayin...

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The people of Alabama voted for the person who they thought would better represent their interests. Hopefully, Tuberville will learn to keep his mouth shut when he doesn't know what he is talking about.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's called "being principled".  It's why he never really had a chance in Alabama, even running against an idiot.

But then, I shouldn't cast stones - my state re-elected Lindsey Graham, who is completely devoid of principles.

So it takes a man of principles to completely disregard the wishes of the people he represents. That's an interesting take!

58 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

We have a reality show host as our president.....just sayin...

Oh I know.  He lost me in the 2016 primaries when he couldn't name the basics of the nuclear triad in a debate.

I think people sometimes forget this is a job application.  We should expect some basic bare minimum standards.

55 minutes ago, Grumps said:

The people of Alabama voted for the person who they thought would better represent their interests. Hopefully, Tuberville will learn to keep his mouth shut when he doesn't know what he is talking about.

So you never want him to speak again unless it's about how to sit on a 7-3 lead?  Got it 

And considering Alabama's national standing with regards to education, it makes sense that they would send someone to Congress that can't pass a basic middle school quiz on civics.

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Grumps....you are really hung up on that. The average voter may not be sharp enough to understand the right thing to do. Pretty obvious in electing Tubs. I’m recalling your pain point is Jones voting for impeachment. He had access to far more information than we did. There are times when our representatives should vote against the prevailing wind of their constituents.

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

So it takes a man of principles to completely disregard the wishes of the people he represents. That's an interesting take!

"We don't have a democracy, we have a republic."   ;)

18 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So you never want him to speak again unless it's about how to sit on a 7-3 lead?  Got it 

And considering Alabama's national standing with regards to education, it makes sense that they would send someone to Congress that can't pass a basic middle school quiz on civics.

I want him to represent the people who elected him and not to embarrass the state. That's all. I hope that he learns when not to talk or gets voted out when he is up for re-election.

17 hours ago, tomcat said:

Grumps....you are really hung up on that. The average voter may not be sharp enough to understand the right thing to do. Pretty obvious in electing Tubs. I’m recalling your pain point is Jones voting for impeachment. He had access to far more information than we did. There are times when our representatives should vote against the prevailing wind of their constituents.

There is no pain point. I just think that Doug Jones sealed his fate when he voted to impeach Trump and when he voted against the confirmation of Kavanaugh. Jones had every right to vote how he did and the people had every right to vote him out of office.

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

I want him to represent the people who elected him and not to embarrass the state. That's all. I hope that he learns when not to talk or gets voted out when he is up for re-election.

Too late.  Country made fun of him all day yesterday.

On 11/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, Brad_ATX said:

So you never want him to speak again unless it's about how to sit on a 3-2 lead?  Got it 

Gotta get the score right...:dead:

10 hours ago, Grumps said:

What make you think Doug Jones didn't represent the "people who elected him"?

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Too late.  Country made fun of him all day yesterday.

Well, Trump would be proud of him.  Anything that provides you media coverage is good!  Substance doesn't matter. 

He might be POTUS some day. 

On 11/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, Brad_ATX said:

He went to school in Arkansas....just sayin.

Archived