2021 4 * SG Trey Alexander Signs With AU! (Update 11/18/20)

GwillMac6

Going to be AU, Oklahoma or Arky. Not sure if he or anyone is a take as of right now. Obviously I believe we will take one more even though technically we do not have room I believe but there def will be attrition this season even though we have no seniors technically.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

@Tiger Has been ON this recruitment for awhile and said AU was always much more in it than people think!!! It is all a matter if he is a take at this time. If he is he def bleeds Orange and Blue!!! WOOOO!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!! 

• Like 1

I wish we wouldn't create threads on kids announcing soon with AU swooping in late. With our history of jinxing these by creating recruit threads on these types at the last minute can we just keep posts like these in the yearly recruiting threads in the future & then create threads for them if they chose AU?. We have some bad juju on this stuff. Thanks.

• Love 1
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wish we wouldn't create threads on kids announcing soon with AU swooping in late. With our history of jinxing these by creating recruit threads on these types at the last minute can we just keep posts like these in the yearly recruiting threads in the future & then create threads for them if they chose AU?. We have some bad juju on this stuff. Thanks.

Wow I didn’t peg you for a “juju” guy when it came to recruiting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plays for the Steelers

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Swooping in late? Lol come on Easy E!!! We have been on him for awhile but you know how bad the Auburn beat is at bball crutin coverage just freaking terrible!!!!! Abysmal. It's a freaking joke and Bruce deserves better. 

Having said that we def are the underdogs. He most likely is going to Arkansas or Oklahoma. So no bad ju ju to be had to be jinxed by when your not in the pole position.

Likely Arky IMO. Would be surprised but very excited if he chose us. We are in on this kid we should have a thread

We didn't hold off from a JT Thor's thread did we? He was last minute IIRC

Edited by Tiger
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, jared52 said:

Wow I didn’t peg you for a “juju” guy when it came to recruiting. 

@jared52You've seen me post how long now? I try to avoid jinxes in anything.

RECRUITING NOTE: Trey Alexander names a top three, updates decision date

Four-star shooting guard Trey Alexander recently cut his list down to seven schools, with Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Grambling State, Kansas, Oklahoma and Ole Miss remaining in play to sign him in the 2021 class. He also set a decision date for Nov. 10., with plans to sign during the Early Signing Period.

On Thursday night, the Oklahoma native updated his status with Rivals.com. Instead of working with a list of seven schools, he’s now focused on three schools: Arkansas, Auburn and Kansas. He’s also likely to push back his decision date to later next week, likely Thursday.

Look for a full update with his thoughts on each program this weekend, but all three schools have his full attention as he works toward settling on one school. As for Arkansas, he has a strong relationship with the coaching staff and likes that the coaching staff has NBA experience. Auburn’s style of play and Bruce Pearl’s history of elevating the play of his guards gives the Tigers a real shot at earning his signature next week. The prestige of Kansas - along with Bill Self’s track record of producing NBA guards - gives the Jayhawks a really strong shot here.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6Are you Lover of Pearl on the Bunker? Y'all have the same avi. lol

Shiiiiiii I wish!!!! Best handle ever. But I only lurk and not bunk on the bunker.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 7:56 PM, Tiger said:

We didn't hold off from a JT Thor's thread did we? He was last minute IIRC

@TigerNo he wasn't. There was quite a bit of AU chatter from AU reporters beforehand.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@TigerNo he wasn't. There was quite a bit of AU chatter from AU reporters beforehand.

It might have seemed a little bit last minute because he jumped so suddenly onto the landscape for the 2020 class, reclassifying and all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 picks for AU here since last night. 1 by Travis Graf who JHead says is very plugged in on basketball. 1 by Director of Bbal Scouting for 247 in Jerry Meyer. & 1 scary one by JLee.

• Haha 1

Meyer's Mailbag: Trey Alexander

What’s up with Trey Alexander..is he still a Sooner?

VUWLKON @vuwlkon

Not looking good for Oklahoma on the Trey Alexander front from what I am hearing. The word I am getting is the two parties are drifted apart and perhaps have even broken off the recruiting relationship.

Arkansas is a school that has received some recent buzz. But excuse the mixed metaphor, I’m hearing that is a lot of smoke with no real fire.

Evidently the fire is located in Auburn. A week or two I wrote about Auburn wanting to combine Alexander with five-star recruit Jabari Smith. It is now looking like the Tigers might in fact be the leader to land Alexander.

I have, in fact, changed my Crystal Ball prediction from Oklahoma to Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1

Four-star SG Trey Alexander down to three

Trey Alexander
Trey Alexander (Jon Lopez/Nike)

It’s nearly decision time for four-star shooting guard Trey Alexander. A little more than a month ago, the Oklahoma native cut his list down to seven with Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Grambling State, Kansas, Oklahoma and Ole Miss making the cut.

Alexander originally set Nov. 10 as his decision date, but it’s likely he’ll push that back a couple days to give him some more time to make the best decision. As decision day approaches, he told Rivals.com he’s made another cut to his list with Arkansas, Auburn and Kansas remaining in play before he settles on a final choice.

2021 Rankings: Rivals150 | Team | Position

2022 Rankings: Rivals150 | Team

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Arkansas: “Their coaching staff has been with me since my 10th-grade year. They’ve been consistent recruiting me. I’ve taken a visit there and love everything out there. They have always shown love to me. The coaching staff also has NBA experience, so that’s something you can always count on."

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ARKANSAS FANS AT HAWGBEAT.COM

Auburn: “Auburn is in there mainly because of the playing style. Coach Bruce Pearl is another legendary coach and he’s developed a lot of guys who aren’t that highly ranked coming out of high school. His playing style I feel like fits me the best out of all the schools that I have in my top three.”

SHARE YOU THOUGHTS WITH AUBURN FANS AT AUBURNSPORTS.COM

Kansas: “Kansas has always been putting guards into the League. The main reason I like Kansas is because of the coaching staff and Bill Self is a legendary coach and he knows how to develop his players into NBA players.”

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH KANSAS FANS AT JAYHAWKSLANT.COM

RIVALS’ REACTION

Alexander has a busy week ahead of him. Not only does he have plans to be on zoom calls with each of the coaching staffs still in the mix before deciding on a school, he’ll be making his way out to the Pangos camp this weekend to play with many of the top prospects in the country.

With three schools left, it gets a little easier to handicap Alexander’s list. As he mentioned, Auburn’s playing style and guard development really has his attention. It could even be enough to give the Tigers a slight edge less than a week out from making a decision.

However, he’s also really high on Kansas and the opportunity to play for Self. The Jayhawks are right there with the Tigers.

The Arkansas staff has built such a close relationship with him and his family as well that it just might be enough to outlast the other two schools.

If we had to call it today though, Auburn probably gets a very slight edge.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 3:46 PM, ellitor said:

Thanks for the post! We would all be VERY happy if Trey committed here! I like his game, very smooth, and will be a major contributor with his size and talent at the two!

Would be a great pickup!

That said, was it just me or does his vertical never seem to exceed about 12 inches?  
It seemed shockingly low on those plays round the rim  

Opposite of the typical Bruce signee. 
Obviously a super talented player I was just wondering if anyone else noticed?

I think Bruce Pearl should be able to recruit well in this top 30-70 rated player. I think we got too caught up competing with the blue bloods and the G-league with the 5* in the 2020 class. 

31 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I think Bruce Pearl should be able to recruit well in this top 30-70 rated player. I think we got too caught up competing with the blue bloods and the G-league with the 5* in the 2020 class. 

Yeah. I think if BP stays in this ranking area mostly, and every now and then shoots for a top 15 5*, I think that works. 

I don't like going after so many 5* when they now have G league to add to their option...

• Like 1