2021 4 * SG Trey Alexander Signs With AU! (Update 11/18/20)

GwillMac6

Also the early signing period for basketball starts Wednesday. If he does commit to us it would be great if he went ahead and signed. Also it would definitely mean somebody on the team now would not be on the team next year.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Also the early signing. For basketball starts Wednesday. If he does commit to us it would be great if he went ahead and signed. Also it would definitely mean somebody on the team now would not be on the team next year.

I have zero inside knowledge, but I would think Javon Franklin would be the most likely odd man out.  He got virtually no playing time last season and we will have plenty of depth at his position.  He has two years of eligibility remaining due to taking a redshirt in junior college, but he's in his fourth year of college and I can see Bruce letting him go after he graduates in the spring.

13 hours ago, Aubie the Tiger said:

I have zero inside knowledge, but I would think Javon Franklin would be the most likely odd man out.  He got virtually no playing time last season and we will have plenty of depth at his position.  He has two years of eligibility remaining due to taking a redshirt in junior college, but he's in his fourth year of college and I can see Bruce letting him go after he graduates in the spring.

You make a lot of sense but there is just no way of knowing how the transfers play out in basketball. Davion Mitchel, who we'll see when we play Baylor, transferred after getting plenty of playing time his freshmen season. He just came up as #2 versus Harper and did not want to play behind him his whole career. He would have gotten plenty of playing time though when his defensive skills. 

So maybe one of these freshmen come in expecting to get a starting spot and decide to try elsewhere when that does not work out. Maybe a guy like Jamal is not able to crack that starting rotation and decides he wants some more playing time his senior season. Many ways it could play out.....we'll probably have a better idea though after this upcoming season. 

16 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Anybody knows what time he announces today?

Thursday.

58 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

When did that change? Everything I’ve seen online says he announces on the 10th (today). 

Late last week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Late last week.

Yup. @CameronCrazyit’s been referenced in at least two articles that’s been posted on this thread starting from halfway down on page 1.

• Thanks 1

Okay, so do we know what time today he's committing?

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 4 * SG Trey Alexander (Commit Watch: Today 5 PM CT)***

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Love 1

Boom boom booming boom boom 💥 boom 

• Love 1

• Love 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

• Love 2