2021 4 * SG Trey Alexander Signs With AU! (Update 11/18/20)

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Boom!!!!! Let’s go!!!!!! @GwillMac6

r.gif

ttyy.gif

dsfffd.gif

• Love 1

• Love 1

• Love 1

WWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!LFG!!!!!!! Another example of the right guy leading a program....history and expectations can change pretty quickly, no need to settle. Love BP! HE IS THE MAN!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is pretty danged huge. Not as big as Jabari, of course, but pulling these two to fill out the class is resounding success. If no one leaves early, then 21-22 is going to be a HUGE throwdown year, because everyone will have experience except these two, and they'll be able to blend in better with veterans around them than the freshman class this year, since we basically have no veterans at the moment.

• Like 4

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla At least one will have to leave. Both enrolling would put us one over the maximum limit.

Do you think there is a chance bball expands rosters for a year or two, the way football likely will have to? If they are giving mulligans on eligibility then there has to be some allowance for scholarship number flexibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Do you think there is a chance bball expands rosters for a year or two, the way football likely will have to? If they are giving mulligans on eligibility then there has to be some allowance for scholarship number flexibility. 

@Sani-Freeze They should but you never know with the NCAA. Regardless I still expect one or 2 to move on in search for more PT.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4 * SG Trey Alexander Commits To AU!
  • ellitor featured and pinned this topic

Huuuuge pickup. I'm super amped about picking up TA! This kid is a certified bucket. He can score in a variety of ways it looks like. He's going to fit in very nicely in our system

• Love 1

I like his game. I just don't want it to me a trade for scoot. He's really really who I want missing jd was bad enough. But I like this kids game. He reminds me of Jamaal Murray a bit

I just want to give a shout out to muhhhhhhh boy my ride or die my best fraaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnd @Tiger He has known for a couple of weeks that the hay was in the barn and Trey was AU bound. But he was sworn to secrecy and could not say anything!!!!! WHAT A NICE SUPRISE THIS WAS!!! Just a couple of weeks ago it looked like we were 2 or 3!!! WOOOOO!!!!!! WAR DAMN BRUUUUUUUUUUCE!!! and War damn our bball crutin insider TIGERH!!!!!!! LETS GOO!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I like his game. I just don't want it to me a trade for scoot. He's really really who I want missing jd was bad enough. But I like this kids game. He reminds me of Jamaal Murray a bit

Javon Franklin and Jamal Johnson will be gone way or the other by time Scoot is here, and Sharife is largely expected to be a 2 years or less guy. If you mean in terms of being "the guy", I don't think this is the type of signing that would make him change his mind

Side note: It's also been purported here they intentionally pulled out of the JD sweepstakes

I think Bruce does an admirable job of finding legitimately talented package guys that complement the main get

Cambridge and Stretch look like they'll be key fixtures. The verdict is out on Cardwell, but he seems like that he'd be at worst, a great glue guy that could be a Horace type of leader one day. Trey and Jabari's chemistry statistically looked better than any of the current guys that fit my aforementioned mold

With the additions of Bari and Trey Alexander in the past month BRUUUUUUCE has 11 of the top 13 recruits all time in the star era for AU!!!! WOOOO!!!! LETS GOOOO BRUUUUCE!!!!!!!!!

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Sport/Basketball/AllTimeRecruits/

• Love 2

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Javon Franklin and Jamal Johnson will be gone way or the other by time Scoot is here, and Sharife is largely expected to be a 2 years or less guy. If you mean in terms of being "the guy", I don't think this is the type of signing that would make him change his mind

Side note: It's also been purported here they intentionally pulled out of the JD sweepstakes

I know it was but they also talked about he couldn't shoot and that was bs so I don't too much believe it. Unless he was doing some shady like recruiting for another team a coach would be an idiot to not recruit him and I don't think Bruce is an idiot.

There's no way cooper is a one year guy. He won't be a two year unless his shot becomes absolutely incredible