Mail In Ballots

tomcat

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It was a valid election. Period.

I care about the number of  cultists - like yourself - that are swallowing Trump's lies and are willing to place him above the interests of the country.

There was no Russia "hoax".   That's just another example of you swallowing the lies.

When the states certify the results it will be a valid election, just like every other election. The media enjoys calling it, but it isn’t official until the states say it is a valid election, hence, the investigation.  It’s a candidate’s right to do so as laid down in the constitution.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

When the states certify the results it will be a valid election, just like every other election. The media enjoys calling it, but it isn’t official until the states say it is a valid election, hence, the investigation.  It’s a candidate’s right to do so as laid down in the constitution.

What do you mean "hence the investigation"?  Simply because the validation process is still pending is no reason to file frivolous lawsuits claiming election fraud.

Trump is simply refusing to admit he lost.  As a result, he's delaying the transition process and hurting the country.  He's using this to raise money for himself and his fellow rethuglicans, the country be damned.

You should be ashamed of yourself for swallowing it.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What do you mean "hence the investigation"?  Simply because the validation process is still pending is no reason to file frivolous lawsuits claiming election fraud.

Trump is simply refusing to admit he lost.  As a result, he's delaying the transition process and hurting the country.  He's using this to raise money for himself and his fellow rethuglicans, the country be damned.

You should be ashamed of yourself for swallowing it.

The investigations of voter fraud.  There are affidavits of voter fraud and those have to be investigated.  Yes, Trump refuses to concede, he is taking Hillary’s advise to Biden earlier in the year “never concede”.

I’m not swallowing anything.  I’m letting the process play out. 

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The investigations of voter fraud.  There are affidavits of voter fraud and those have to be investigated.  Yes, Trump refuses to concede, he is taking Hillary’s advise to Biden earlier in the year “never concede”.

I’m not swallowing anything.  I’m letting the process play out. 

As is everyone else.

But you are "swallowing" the narrative that Trump is putting out about the existence of fraud sufficient enough to swing the election his way.  That's fantasy.

Meanwhile our democracy is being unnecessarily undermined and the pandemic is getting worse. 

All for the sake of Trump the man.  **** the country.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

As is everyone else.

But you are "swallowing" the narrative that Trump is putting out about the existence of fraud sufficient enough to swing the election his way.  That's fantasy.

Meanwhile our democracy is being unnecessarily undermined and the pandemic is getting worse. 

All for the sake of Trump the man.  **** the country.

I have stated in other posts that I don’t think the fraud will be sufficient enough to swing the election his way, but you don’t know until you investigate. Give it time.

How is our democracy being undermined by abiding by the Constitution?  The pandemic has nothing to do with this.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have stated in other posts that I don’t think the fraud will be sufficient enough to swing the election his way, but you don’t know until you investigate. Give it time.

How is our democracy being undermined by abiding by the Constitution?  The pandemic has nothing to do with this.

This is not about "abiding by the constitution".  

Trump is trying to convince a large proportion of the electorate that our system is corrupt.  (This is exactly why Putin is such a Trump ally btw.)

Here's a sampling of opinion on the subject.

http://www.the-college-reporter.com/2020/11/08/op-ed-trumps-accusations-of-fraud-undermine-electoral-legitimacy-how-these-claims-weaken-democracy/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-s-election-falsehoods-put-smile-faces-dictators-observers-warn-n1246766

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-election-fraud-biden-pennsylvania-lawsuit-voting-transition.html

https://www.dailyindependent.com/opinion/john-cannon-trump-s-actions-weakens-faith-in-democracy/article_f9080242-239a-11eb-b84f-3f11faf13797.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/05/trumps-baseless-claims-damage-american-democracy/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/5/osce-observer-says-trump-allegations-on-vote-harm-public-trust

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The pandemic has nothing to do with this.

https://www.vox.com/coronavirus-covid19/2020/11/11/21561155/covid-19-coronavirus-cases-update-trump-biden-transition

Trump’s final two months in office might be the worst Covid-19 months yet

The president of the United States is silent on Covid-19 as the pandemic reaches a new crisis point.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Trump is trying to convince a large proportion of the electorate that our system is corrupt.  (This is exactly why Putin is such a Trump ally btw.)

You have no idea what Trump is trying to do.  You spout opinions that shape your thoughts as to what will happen.  It’s as if you don’t believe the checks and balances exist under Trump.  The Putin think is as old and ridiculous as is the Hitler think.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

https://www.vox.com/coronavirus-covid19/2020/11/11/21561155/covid-19-coronavirus-cases-update-trump-biden-transition

Trump’s final two months in office might be the worst Covid-19 months yet

The president of the United States is silent on Covid-19 as the pandemic reaches a new crisis point.

The virus has been predicted to spike in the fall since the summer.   I have notice the news has not been covering the COVID cases as much lately too.  Coincidence?

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You have no idea what Trump is trying to do.  You spout opinions that shape your thoughts as to what will happen.  It’s as if you don’t believe the checks and balances exist under Trump.  The Putin think is as old and ridiculous as is the Hitler think.

Yeah, whom should I believe - my own eyes and ears or you?  :laugh:

And under Trump and his accomplices (the GOP) the "checks and balances" built into our system both formal and tradition have been greatly diminished.  I don't think we would have withstood a second term of this authoritarian.  And it's people like you that would have made it possible.

Regarding "Putin think" you need to educate yourself.  Putin is absolutely committed to diminishing the global role and stature of democracy in the world and the United States in particular. 

That's exactly why he supports Trump.  Trump is doing his job for him:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/opinions/russian-democracy-is-a-farce-kasparov/index.html

You are dangerously ignorant.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't think we would have withstood a second term of this authoritarian

We are probably going to see some real authoritarian measures soon.  Stand by.

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The virus has been predicted to spike in the fall since the summer.   

I have notice the news has not been covering the COVID cases as much lately too.  Coincidence?

And what exactly has Trump been doing to prepare the country for it?   I guess it's not his responsibility huh?  

In case you haven't noticed there's been an election which is now being contested as fraudulent.

But having said that, I am seeing plenty of coverage on the pandemic and it is very concerning.  Perhaps you need to try new news sources.

I am seeing plenty of coverage.  Hell the WaPo devotes half of their internet front page to it evey day:   https://www.washingtonpost.com/.  

You two need to sit down and get over it. Trump is gone and both of you need to just admit it and move on. 

THE BALLOT BOX took him out. Just like every other time in US History. 

4 years of screaming like a howler monkey did nothing. 4 Years of wild ass accusations,. etc. no impeachment, not anything really other than his own incompetence. 

He is gone, finished, etc, We will move on and forget him soon enough. He will be in the media soon enough to keep everyone fed.

Gore fought the recounts until 12-13-2000. I figure before that date, Trump will give up too. He will act like the spoiled child he has always been along the way too. 

6 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

He is gone, finished, etc, We will move on and forget him soon enough. He will be in the media soon enough to keep everyone fed.

It just amazes me that most of the US understands this, but Biden followers seem very upset and astonished that Trump would do exactly what he did.  They have been saying this for months and are shocked that it happened.

I take full responsibility for the back and forth as I should have realized several posts back that he always has to have the last word.  My apologies.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It just amazes me that most of the US understands this, but Biden followers seem very upset and astonished that Trump would do exactly what he did.  They have been saying this for months and are shocked that it happened.

I take full responsibility for the back and forth as I should have realized several posts back that he always has to have the last word.  My apologies.

I am not one to let a "debate" end on a blatant lie or statement of pure ignorance.  So pack a lunch.

:moon:

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am not one to let a "debate" end on a blatant lie or statement of pure ignorance.  (Unless it fits your narrative.)

And yet you do it all the time........all the time....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Obviously, you and David make a good pair.   He could never distinguish a lie from the truth either.

And you can’t remember facts so there is that. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Got an example?  

Hell, you may be David.  :rolleyes:

Damn, you forgot about yesterday already. Your short term memory must be bad too. Go re-read that link to your boys website about his platform regarding college education opportunities. This time you might want to write down a few notes. Also Siri and Alexa are good for little reminders as well. 

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Damn, you forgot about yesterday already. Your short term memory must be bad too. Go re-read that link to your boys website about his platform regarding college education opportunities. This time you might want to write down a few notes. Also Siri and Alexa are good for little reminders as well. 

Sorry but I am not responsible for backing up your glib statements.  Do your own work.  (But again, you emulate David.  He could never produce the evidence of his accusations either.)

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Sorry but I am not responsible for backing up your glib statements.  Do your own work.  (But again, you emulate David.  He could never produce the evidence of his accusations either.)

Let me refresh your memory. 

28129EE0-1029-4B64-BB47-06741E98007E.jpeg

26 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Let me refresh your memory. 

28129EE0-1029-4B64-BB47-06741E98007E.jpeg

That's it???    You're trying to "weaponize' that against me??  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

First, I'll point out the obvious logical fallacy: That I didn't remember Biden's position on something is a statement of fact. 

(But to be more precise, my recollection was that all of the free-tuition proposals were made by Sanders, not Biden.)

But if it makes you feel better, I will plead guilty to having a relatively poor short term memory. ;D

(Oh btw, nice "crawfishing" on the free/subsidized tuition proposal.)

Archived