Georgia vs. Florida

CleCoTiger

7 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

And just like that on the first play from scrimmage, UGA goes 75 yards for a TD. 

UF really must have wanted the ball first to start the game. Let UGA score on the first play

Shouldn't calling targeting require intent? When a defensive player is trying to get his shoulder into someone and the offensive player lowers their head, why is it the defensive player's fault?

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Shouldn't calling targeting require intent? When a defensive player is trying to get his shoulder into someone and the offensive player lowers their head, why is it the defensive player's fault?

That's the game we have today. The impetus is on the defensive player. I don't like it personally, but if my son was playing I may feel differently. When necks get broken, or players get paralyzed it's too late then.

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

That's the game we have today. The impetus is on the defensive player. I don't like it personally, but if my son was playing I may feel differently. When necks get broken, or players get paralyzed it's too late then.

I understand. It just seems to me that if the offensive player is the one that causes the head to head, the offensive player is the one that ought to be called for the penalty. I just don't see how you can fairly penalize a defensive player when that player is trying to play clean and the offensive player lowers their head and causes the helmet to helmet contact.

That hit was incredibly violent. So unnecessary. Glad dumb uga head hunter is out of there. 

UF loses one of their best players. Smh

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If not for one long run, and a pick six, Florida is basically dominating this game.

Yup.

On edit..

Florida closing in on 400 yards of offense in the first half. Take away UGA's opening 75 yard run for a TD and the Dawgs have 92 yards so far in the first half. 

9 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

UGA is going to have to bring in another QB if they're gonna win this game. I don't think Bennett can get it done.

His limitations really stand out against top level competition.

26 minutes ago, CR said:

His limitations really stand out against top level competition.

He has moxie and plays with a ton of heart. But yeah, at this level he has limitations no amount of heart can overcome. It was apparent against bama and now again against the gators.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

One thing you gotta say about Mullen, he always has a pretty consistent offense. 

He is absolutely one of the best quarterback gurus I have ever seen. He can take a quarterback and make them so much better.

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It is hard to believe we only had 216 total yards for the entire game against Georgia. Makes me so angry.

Our Tigers still may not win if we could play that game again now, but I doubt UGA would hold our offense to such low numbers.

Archived