Jump to content
Null

Auburn vs Mississippi State postponed


Recommended Posts





It's Masters week. No time for football. 

But seriously, 

https://auburntigers.com/news/2020/11/9/auburn-at-mississippi-state-football-game-postponed.aspx

The Auburn at Mississippi State football game of November 14 has been postponed due to positive tests and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Mississippi State football program, consistent with Southeastern Conference COVID-19 management requirements. The game has been tentatively rescheduled for Dec. 12.
 
The SEC's COVID-19 management requirements, as developed by the SEC's Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force, are available on SECsports.com. (full report (PDF)). 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It's Masters week. No time for football. 

But seriously, 

https://auburntigers.com/news/2020/11/9/auburn-at-mississippi-state-football-game-postponed.aspx

The Auburn at Mississippi State football game of November 14 has been postponed due to positive tests and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Mississippi State football program, consistent with Southeastern Conference COVID-19 management requirements. The game has been tentatively rescheduled for Dec. 12.
 
The SEC's COVID-19 management requirements, as developed by the SEC's Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force, are available on SECsports.com. (full report (PDF)). 

Did the whole team catch it? Make them play with walk-ons I don't care.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also a possibility that we play another a team. Because this game isn't the only one dropped.

This happened in a previous week already when some games were cancelled:

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/sports/mizzou_football/sec-announces-shift-in-missouris-football-schedule/article_5b8ea8d0-0fff-11eb-b82c-ffd65cb9d2eb.html

30 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m kinda ok with not playing the rest of the season as long as the buyout drops.

I don't think Gus is capable of winning another championship at Auburn. But this is just sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m kinda ok with not playing the rest of the season as long as the buyout drops.

Ha!

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking this.  My feelings on this is not just about Gus.  The whole season with the half empty stands, no band, the other conferences not playing at the same time.   I suppose what we are getting this year is helping to fill my football fix....but it's like eating spam instead of steak.

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

If my memory is correct we are undefeated

Nope. Georgia last year. :(

The LSU win and seeing ND beat Fighting Dabos was enough to quench my football thirst for the year, especially if the vaccine news today holds.

Edited by AUwent
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Nope. Georgia last year. :(

The LSU win and seeing ND beat Fighting Dabos was enough to quench my football thirst for the year, especially if the vaccine news today holds.

Well you should know better then to trust my memory

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • WarTiger changed the title to Auburn vs Mississippi State postponed
1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Nope. Georgia last year. :(

The LSU win and seeing ND beat Fighting Dabos was enough to quench my football thirst for the year, especially if the vaccine news today holds.

God I hope not. The toothless masses in West Vance will claim this year as a Natty if the season gets called off early and they're sitting at #1.
2017 taught me that they will be insufferable even if they don't beat Auburn on their way to the top...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

 

 

I remember the season well but I didn't remember that.

Saban would never allow that to happen today. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good let the kids rest, get school work done and come even more prepared for UT. Bigger things in life at the moment. 

I wonder which player's first thought was "oh good I can get some classwork done."

Maybe I'll go look through their majors in my boredum.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I wonder which player's first thought was "oh good I can get some classwork done."

Maybe I'll go look through their majors in my boredum.

The one who realizes he is here for more than entertainment usage. People laugh but this is a way out for a lot of these young men. The only time most of them have had the opportunity to have a quality education. Things like this isn’t a joke , especially during the times we are going through now. Another reason why I wish these guys would get paid because some folks think this is just a game when for most this is their last life.

Edited by DAG
Link to post
Share on other sites

So MSU found enough guys to play VU last Saturday and only won on the scoreboard (where it counts!)....but VU dominated most all stats.  Now they can't scrape together enough to play this weekend?  Maybe with all of the players leaving it's more difficult to find 53?  Maybe you stretch the contact tracing to get under that number.

I'll be surprised if LSU/Bama happens this weekend.  As much as I'd like to see otherwise, Saban will hang 70+ on LSU.  Jones will throw for 600+ and be the clear Heisman front runner.  Coach O better do some contact tracing quickly!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...