2021 3* CB Dontae Balfour (UNC 2/3)

ellitor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn offers, moves to No. 1 spot for Florida DB

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Auburn last week offered a Florida defensive back and quickly moved to the top of his list.

Dontae Balfour, a 6-foot-2, 170-pound cornerback from Bradford in Starke, Fla., lists Auburn his new favorite after an offer and subsequent virtual visit.

“Auburn is in the No. 1 spot,” Balfour said.

qyqcrvloikaokepkvmqv

Balfour received the Auburn offer last Tuesday. It was his fourth SEC offer. He also has offers from South Carolina, Ole Miss and Missouri.

“Getting the Auburn offer was unbelievable,” Balfour said. “It was crazy. It was a blessing.”

Balfour found out about the offer after speaking with area recruiter Al Pogue and defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff. Balfour then spoke with Gus Malzahn and the entire defensive staff before taking a virtual visit.

“I had a virtual tour and loved it,” Balfour said. “It was amazing. It was real nice. Auburn is a real nice school.”

Auburn is at the top of Balfour’s list of favorites, which also includes Ole Miss, South Carolina and Tulane.

“I love the school and how the campus is,” Balfour said of Auburn. “I like the dorms, the facilities, the coaches. It seems like a great place to be.”

Balfour doesn’t have a timetable for making a commitment. He does, however, plan to sign in December.

In eight games this season, Balfour has 34 tackles, 32 solos, two interceptions, two pass deflections and a fumble recovery. He also has 19 receptions for 308 yards and two touchdowns.

Balfour said Auburn is recruiting him to play cornerback.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* CB Dontae Balfour
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

6'2"from Florida? I'll take it. 

As others have said on other boards, if T-Rob wants him I want him.

I’ll take another Smoke Monday type player for$100... rip Alex

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep

Bless you Golf. You must have spent hours contemplating this magnificent reply.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

As others have said on other boards, if T-Rob wants him I want him.

Both of our starting corners now were 3* and they seem to be doing just fine. Our defensive staff knows what to look for in a CB no matter what the ranking is

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Both of our starting corners now were 3* and they seem to be doing just fine. Our defensive staff knows what to look for in a CB no matter what the ranking is

And it only took them 2 seasons to turn a wide receiver into a 1st round NFL CB. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

And it only took them 2 seasons to turn a wide receiver into a 1st round NFL CB. 

And if McCreary keeps doing what he’s doing shutting down NFL caliber receivers each week, he’ll be next up 

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

And if McCreary keeps doing what he’s doing shutting down NFL caliber receivers each week, he’ll be next up 

bUt wE DoN't geT OuR heADs TuRNed aRouND

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Simpson I believe was a fringe 4 star on the composite but YESSSIIIIIIIIR!!!!! AU def has been killing the game with our secondary recruiting, evaluations and development ever since Boom was here for his 1 year. Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean and IGGGGGGGY are all going to pay big time dividends in crutin down the road. WOOO!!! LETS GO BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!! WAR DAMN!

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Simpson was a 4* on the composite & 247.

I love the length. We seem to do a really good job of finding good DB's so the fact that is a 3* does not bother me at all.  Will need to add some muscle mass but that will happen at Auburn once he gets here assuming we sign him.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Simpson I believe was a fringe 4 star on the composite but YESSSIIIIIIIIR!!!!! AU def has been killing the game with our secondary recruiting, evaluations and development ever since Boom was here for his 1 year. Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean and IGGGGGGGY are all going to pay big time dividends in crutin down the road. WOOO!!! LETS GO BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!! WAR DAMN!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Simpson was a 4* on the composite & 247.

I was talking about Pritchett. He’s the starter now right?

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I was talking about Pritchett. He’s the starter now right?

I thought Simpson was when he’s healthy.

33 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Auburn should be ahead of South Carolina for landing Dontae's commitment.

@auburn4everwe are. Dantae  said in an interview in an article that was posted earlier in this thread that Auburn is number one right now.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, Sizzle said:

Just realized this kid lives in Starke, FL? He can't sign soon enough. One of the most miserable towns I've ever been to. Has two off brand motels and mine was covered in dry blood and roaches. How they won the bid to host regional that year I'll never know.

Only notable fact about that town is that Ted Bundy was executed there.

Archived