Meet the front runners for Biden's Cabinet

DKW 86

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/07/joe-biden-cabinet-picks-possible-choices-433431

When you voted for Biden, you wanted Mitt Romney in the cabinet...right?

Heitkamp? She is on the "Friends of the Earth" Hit List
Muniz? Fossil Fuel Lobbyist...
Flournoy? She is an endless war advocate. Wrote a book on it...

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yay Doug!

I defended Doug on the youtube page.

DOUG JONES

Alabama senator; former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama

With Tommy Tuberville’s defeat of Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.) on Tuesday, Jones will be unemployed come January and available to join Biden’s cabinet. Jones wouldn’t add to the Cabinet’s diversity, but the former U.S. attorney in Alabama has credibility when it comes to civil rights: He led the successful prosecutions of two members of the Ku Klux Klan involved in the 1963 bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, nearly 40 years later. Jones also happens to be a friend of Biden’s, dating back to his work on Biden’s first presidential campaign in 1988.

Jones, however, is likely to have competition for the Attorney General post, including from Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez. Perez is “in the mix,” said Oscar Ramirez, a Democratic lobbyist who worked in the Obama administration and is active in Latino Democratic circles. Another person who’s tracked the early jockeying for attorney general said allies of Perez have floated his name.

21 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Muniz? Fossil Fuel Lobbyist...

I take serious issue with this one. His big thing is natural gas and nuclear. These are important bridges, and Muniz has framed them as such. This reveals a cursory study at best on your and Dore's part. 

I.E. you're talking out of your ass. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I take serious issue with this one. His big thing is natural gas and nuclear. These are important bridges, and Muniz has framed them as such. This reveals a cursory study at best on your and Dore's part. 

Not to mention the harebrained implied comparison between Muniz and his successor. Rick Perry lol. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Ernest Moniz, a nuclear physicist who served as President Obama’s Energy secretary, has served as an informal adviser to the Biden campaign on energy issues. Moniz’s ties to the fossil fuel industry, including serving as an independent director on the board of utility owner Southern Company, worry climate change activists on the left. His unanimous confirmation as energy secretary in 2013 could make him a no-drama pick although some Republicans could oppose him given his prominent role in negotiating the Iran nuclear deal during the Obama administration.

From the Article.....

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Ernest Moniz, a nuclear physicist who served as President Obama’s Energy secretary, has served as an informal adviser to the Biden campaign on energy issues. Moniz’s ties to the fossil fuel industry, including serving as an independent director on the board of utility owner Southern Company, worry climate change activists on the left. His unanimous confirmation as energy secretary in 2013 could make him a no-drama pick although some Republicans could oppose him given his prominent role in negotiating the Iran nuclear deal during the Obama administration.

From the Article.....

I literally subscribe to Grist's newsletter. No need to quote s*** I've long since read, man.

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I literally subscribe to Grist's newsletter. No need to quote s*** I've long since read, man.

Reading and comprehension seem to be two completely separate things with some. Mitt Romney in the cabinet? 
I have a friend, a very old dear friend, that old man may stroke out hearing that,  he HATES Romney so bad. In his head, Romney is about .05 better then Trump. 
poor old Billy, he may spontaneously combust on that alone. 

The Think Tanks that bidens advisors are all apart of literally take their money from Northrop, Raytheon, Genl Dynamics, every M-I-C member you can name. If they are NOT part of those Think Tanks, then they are part of Think Tanks that take all their funding from Wall Street. 

Lets revisit this in two years, okay?
Anyone want to make a bet? I am taking a small to mid-level war in the Middle East or Africa, maybe by August 2022. Maybe US Intervention in Yemen? But we will have troops on the ground to justify all the bombs we are going to buy from Raytheon and drop on Third World People. Maybe we get ISIS back? We all know it has been real good for the M-I-C Business model... 

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Reading and comprehension seem to be two completely separate things with some. Mitt Romney in the cabinet? 
I have a friend, a very old dear friend, that old man may stroke out hearing that,  he HATES Romney so bad. In his head, Romney is about .05 better then Trump. 
poor old Billy, he may spontaneously combust on that alone. 

The Think Tanks that bidens advisors are all apart of literally take their money from Northrop, Raytheon, Genl Dynamics, every M-I-C member you can name. If they are NOT part of those Think Tanks, then they are part of Think Tanks that take all their funding from Wall Street. 

Yeah , but it’s ok as long as they are on the left. Cabinet members who have their pockets being lined? Pfft!! Biden picked them so it’s cool now? Right? 

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Yeah , but it’s ok as long as they are on the left. Cabinet members who have their pockets being lined? Pfft!! Biden picked them so it’s cool now? Right? 

Apparently...But my point was that in reality, these folks really dont come from the Left at all...They are as much a Republican as Milquetoast Mitt Romney, What am I saying???? Biden would never name Romney to a cabinet spot, right? :big:

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Apparently...But my point was that in reality, these folks really dont come from the Left at all...They are a much Republican as Milquetoast Mitt Romney, What am I saying???? Biden would never name Romney to a cabinet spot, right? :big:

It’s a “good cop, bad cop” scheme and nothing more. All that matters is their pockets get lined. Sadly though, seemingly intelligent folks fall for the tactics. Too party blind to see they just continue to get hosed only to fall victim again and again. 

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

It’s a “good cop, bad cop” scheme and nothing more. All that matters is their pockets get lined. Sadly though, seemingly intelligent folks fall for the tactics. Too party blind to see they just continue to get hosed only to fall victim again and again. 

The incessant "But Dems do it too" shtick does not an ideology- or an intelligent person- make. 

Sometimes you seem very well-informed on things, but all of that information in your head always leading you back to this useless non-position suggests that your retention far exceeds your ability to think critically.

If all of the "hate" hurts your feelings, then just stop rewording this same stupid post over and over again and try to have an actual viewpoint. 

well biden said he was going to be prez for all the people. it makes sense to add a republican or two to his cabinet. i believe obama did the same and now that i think about it did trump not have an obama person or two? he fires and hires so many folks it is hard to keep up.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The incessant "But Dems do it too" shtick does not an ideology- or an intelligent person- make. 

Sometimes you seem very well-informed on things, but all of that information in your head always leading you back to this useless non-position suggests that your retention far exceeds your ability to think critically.

If all of the "hate" hurts your feelings, then just stop rewording this same stupid post over and over again and try to have an actual viewpoint. 

Show me where in the post you quoted  that I said anything about dems. I am merely pointing out that while politicians have the middle class bickering with each other they are taking bags of money to the bank with their cronies. I doubt that you can give an example of any politician doing something that actually benefitted the middle class. And I am talking actually benefitting and not screwing over half of it in the process. 

Here is a view point, have a thought outside of what talking points have been spoon fed to you. It is quite comical to see seemingly intelligent people on both sides believe the bs they are fed. Funny thing though, this "non-position" as you put it is just the ability to think for myself and not fall for the party BS. If you want to respond to something I said, try to muster up something of value instead of your childish like ways.

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Show me where in the post you quoted  that I said anything about dems. I am merely pointing out that while politicians have the middle class bickering with each other they are taking bags of money to the bank with their cronies. I doubt that you can give an example of any politician doing something that actually benefitted the middle class. And I am talking actually benefitting and not screwing over half of it in the process. 

Here is a view point, have a thought outside of what talking points have been spoon fed to you. It is quite comical to see seemingly intelligent people on both sides believe the bs they are fed. Funny thing though, this "non-position" as you put it is just the ability to think for myself and not fall for the party BS. If you want to respond to something I said, try to muster up something of value instead of your childish like ways.

You literally just did the same thing again. 

I'm childish? I encourage you to go back through your posts and delete all the passive-aggressive shots at anyone who states even the most mild preference for one party or candidate over another and see what's left. 

Respond to something you said? I responded to pretty much everything you've said. It's not hard. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

You literally just did the same thing again. 

I'm childish? I encourage you to go back through your posts and delete all the passive-aggressive shots at anyone who states even the most mild preference for one party or candidate over another and see what's left. 

Respond to something you said? I responded to pretty much everything you've said. It's not hard. 

And there is the “I know you are but what am I!” 

I can’t help you if you are so sensitive that you think I’m passive aggressive with you. You will notice a theme though, I’m like that with fools such as yourself when you turn into a condescending jackwagon that tries to talk down on people with a difference of opinion than yours. I’ve had great back and forth s with folks such as Brad, because while we may not see eye to eye on things he can respect someone else’s views. Something you have proven to be incapable of doing. 

Also, I didn’t think you’d be able to come up with something that politicians have done to help the middle class lately. Because they haven’t!! 

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

And there is the “I know you are but what am I!” 

I can’t help you if you are so sensitive that you think I’m passive aggressive with you. You will notice a theme though, I’m like that with fools such as yourself when you turn into a condescending jackwagon that tries to talk down on people with a difference of opinion than yours. I’ve had great back and forth s with folks such as Brad, because while we may not see eye to eye on things he can respect someone else’s views. Something you have proven to be incapable of doing. 

Also, I didn’t think you’d be able to come up with something that politicians have done to help the middle class lately. Because they haven’t!! 

I never contended that politicians have done anything for the middle class lately, so I'm not sure why you keep talking about it. 

And I respect plenty of people's views. It certainly helps when they have views to respect, or at least don't just inject every single thread with "it doesn't matter, they're all the same, system sux" etc. 

So, what would you like to see politicians do for the middle class? Is there anything you'd like to see politicians do for other classes, also? 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I never contended that politicians have done anything for the middle class lately, so I'm not sure why you keep talking about it. 

And I respect plenty of people's views. It certainly helps when they have views to respect, or at least don't just inject every single thread with "it doesn't matter, they're all the same, system sux" etc. 

So, what would you like to see politicians do for the middle class? Is there anything you'd like to see politicians do for other classes, also? 

Because that is the whole basis of what I am talking about. Folks such as yourself that seem to just go in march with a particular party blaming the other for everything. In fact you don't even respect my view that I think you are getting "hosed" by the very same people you so adamantly defend. But you act like their s**t don't stink. I never said it doesn't matter, but yes the system sucks. It has been corrupted by greed. Me pointing this out is really no different than you griping about the other side and blaming everything on the R's. And likewise when you have folks like Mikey blaming everything on the D's. What really sucks is until people so far apart as say you and Mikey (just an example since polar opposites). The sad things is, I bet if you stripped down most people's honest stance on things you would find way more common ground than you would think. But I guess if that was the case, this smack talk board would be boring. 

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So basically, you agree with the indies, BUT because you believe the Party Talking Points you believe that makes you a better person. Oh yes, it’s so clear now...lmmfao....

I'm with Loof.  All this nihilism is nothing more than a self-indulgent way of avoiding realistic solutions to the problem. 

Both parties corrupt?  How do we address that?  Which party is more likely to address corruption?  That's where your focus and effort should go.

Want to reduce the role of money in politics? Which party is more likely to do that? That's where your focus and effort should go.

Want a third party?  What are the practical implications of having a third party in our political system.  What's history say?  Forming a third party will only weaken one or the other of the current parties, allowing the remaining one to assume power as a minority.

Like it or not, if you really want to see our politics change to benefit a constituency other than the wealthy, the most feasible way to make that happen is for one of the current parties to transform itself (which has happened in the past).   

47 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Folks such as yourself that seem to just go in march with a particular party blaming the other for everything.

Lol. You thinking this about me explains a lot. 

In fact you don't even respect my view that I think you are getting "hosed" by the very same people you so adamantly defend.

It's weird that you continue to so desperately cling onto this notion when you've been told by the same people of whom you accuse this that it's inaccurate. Regardless, I asked how you would like politicians to make life better for middle class Americans.

But you act like their s**t don't stink.

Who are we talking about now? Brad? You're probably right, if so. Dude is so solid.

I never said it doesn't matter, but yes the system sucks. It has been corrupted by greed.

Literally everybody on this forum agrees with you about this and most have said so more than once. It's like agreeing that the planet is round.

Me pointing this out is really no different than you griping about the other side and blaming everything on the R's.

It is when it's the only thing you can contribute to any discussion of the parties and candidates that govern the country.

By the way, I've blamed Dems and praised Republicans for many things many times. It really should be clear to "anyone with a brain"- to borrow a phrase of yours from way back- that the heavy criticism of trump and the McConnells and Grahams of the world that have gone all in with him is specific to them. That the nature of the discourse changed because we're talking about donald ******* trump. It's not because he's a Republican. It's not because he's a conservative. He's barely either of those things and all of us whom you keep impotently bitching about fully recognize this and have explained it to you many times. It's funny that you constantly- and inaccurately- harp on this stuff and then want to get all kumbaya-we-have-more-in-common-than-you-think about it. Check your blind spot and consider your own role in exacerbating it.

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

But I guess if that was the case, this smack talk board would be boring. 

No argument here. 

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

the most feasible way to make that happen is for one of the current parties to transform itself (which has happened in the past).   

And I think it will again in the next 10 years. But we're going to go through a few more years of pain first. 

52 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'm with Loof.  All this nihilism is nothing more than a self-indulgent way of avoiding realistic solutions to the problem. 

In reality it is no different than your self-indulgent way of blaming the R's for everything. No matter what, you have to take a shot to show the world you think the R's are more evil. Your whole view on this is pretty much "Dems could do better, but it is all the R's fault." 

Both parties corrupt? Absolutely  How do we address that? It begins on the local level and eventually you will have to do something with big money. Which party is more likely to address corruption?  I think this one is obvious. That's where your focus and effort should go.

Want to reduce the role of money in politics? Yes Which party is more likely to do that? Again, this one is obvious. That's where your focus and effort should go.

Want a third party?  What are the practical implications of having a third party in our political system.  What's history say?  Forming a third party will only weaken one or the other of the current parties, allowing the remaining one to assume power as a minority. I agree on this one, perhaps this says more about the integrity of the voters if they are willing to abandon party affiliations if they tired of the corruption. We all saw the effect of Ross Perot for sure.

Like it or not, if you really want to see our politics change to benefit a constituency other than the wealthy, the most feasible way to make that happen is for one of the current parties to transform itself (which has happened in the past).   

Archived