I have no words

PigskinPat

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Packers vs bears  is a much bigger rivalry my friend lol. And people don’t even act like that 

Also before anyone diss Wisconsin there is not a single campus touching Madison on game day. 

Apologies if you think I was dissing Wisconsin. And as a lifelong Packers fan I get it. I have a Packers tag on the front of my truck. I was at a 3 way stop and the car facing me had a Cubs tag on it. He flipped me off lol. Never saw the guy before in my life so it's obviously the Bears Packers rivalry. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Apologies if you think I was dissing Wisconsin. And as a lifelong Packers fan I get it. I have a Packers tag on the front of my truck. I was at a 3 way stop and the car facing me had a Cubs tag on it. He flipped me off lol. Never saw the guy before in my life so it's obviously the Bears Packers rivalry. 

I am just having fun bro! I didn’t think you were hating on Wisconsin at all. No apologies necessary. I just think it can be crazy that Alabama and Auburn fans take it to the next level sometimes . Like legit not be friends with family members if they attend Bama and vice versa. We have a ton of Chicago folks who live in Milwaukee. We just split the bar during the games. 

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Well, either that or he's actually close enough to the school as an alum or through family involvement to care about more than W's and L's, rather than a message board booster. War Eagle Gus! I hope you win out and make everyone eat crow! 

On that day the award will eat crow

Packers/Bears is no where near the Auburn/bammer rivalry.  NOTHING compares to it anywhere else for a variety of reasons, most of which do not exist in the NFL.  And the Iron Bowl is incomparable. 

There's no Updyke-level sickness among Packers and Bears fans.  

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Packers/Bears is no where near the Auburn/bammer rivalry.  NOTHING compares to it anywhere else for a variety of reasons, most of which do not exist in the NFL.  And the Iron Bowl is incomparable. 

There's no Updyke-level sickness among Packers and Bears fans.  

You are right. The packers vs bears is much bigger on a national level. Leave the dixie for once. There are packer and bear fans down south. I haven't met a single Auburn or Alabama fan up here. 

19 hours ago, fredst said:

War Damn Eagle , Coach! I hope you win out, win the award......and we still can you.WWWWWWOOOOOOO!!!! LFG!!!!

Signed:  Alumunus with two AU degrees,long-time AU donor, and message board booster

THANK YOU for properly using the singular form of 'alumnus.' That's something that bothers my grammar Nazi brain like crazy.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are right. The packers vs bears is much bigger on a national level. Leave the dixie for once. There are packer and bear fans down south. I haven't met a single Auburn or Alabama fan up here. 

I'm very well traveled....thank you.  Don't be such a condescending jerk.   There are Auburn and bammer fans world-wide as well. Maybe  it's you who needs to leave the midwest once in a while. And I don't know ANY Packers/Bears fans here......but there are plenty of Auburn and Alabama fans in my current state which is not Alabama btw. Bigger on a national level? The fans invested in that Packers/Bears rivalry are still mostly local. But those are teams from heavily populated areas with millions of people and no really good college teams to compete for attention. Nobody in my state watches those 2 teams much. The NFL fans here watch the local/regional NFL teams and only care about their own rivals. 

11.4 million people in the U.S. watched the 2019 Iron Bowl. It was the 3rd ranked game in all of college football for 2019. There are around 5 million people in Alabama and there are many in-state who didn't watch.....so.....that's some pretty healthy interest from somewhere.  That doesn't even count those people who watched in bars and streamed online. That's just home television viewers. from around the U.S.

I know some Auburn fans in Michigan.....none of them went to Auburn but they loved Cam Newton and kept on going after 2010. They've gotten an Auburn group going up there and they add some people every year. 

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm very well traveled....thank you.  Don't be such a condescending jerk.   There are Auburn and bammer fans world-wide as well. Maybe  it's you who needs to leave the midwest once in a while. And I don't know ANY Packers/Bears fans here......but there are plenty of Auburn and Alabama fans in my current state which is not Alabama btw. Bigger on a national level? The fans invested in that Packers/Bears rivalry are still mostly local. But those are teams from heavily populated areas with millions of people and no really good college teams to compete for attention. Nobody in my state watches those 2 teams much. The NFL fans here watch the local/regional NFL teams and only care about their own rivals. 

11.4 million people in the U.S. watched the 2019 Iron Bowl. It was the 3rd ranked game in all of college football for 2019. There are around 5 million people in Alabama and there are many in-state who didn't watch.....so.....that's some pretty healthy interest from somewhere.  That doesn't even count those people who watched in bars and streamed online. That's just home television viewers. from around the U.S.

I know some Auburn fans in Michigan.....none of them went to Auburn but they loved Cam Newton and kept on going after 2010. They've gotten an Auburn group going up there and they add some people every year. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291xqlvlno9f29qc0gpq

Okay.  Let’s do it. Wisconsin has faired very well against Auburn last time I check. And I graduated from Auburn . To say Wisconsin doesn’t have a really good college squad is ignorant as best. Madison has one of the best if not the best college football campus in the nation. What are you even talking about? 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nfl-season-opener-2020-tv-viewers-ratings-nbc-sports-chiefs-texans

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/nbc/packers-bears-overnight-ratings-up-14-percent-over-last-years-kickoff-game.html

11.9 million? That’s it?  The packers - bears game had a 23.9 million viewership in 2019. That was higher than the NC game. You can have a seat now.  

This is my one day off from treating COVID patients. I can do this all day!

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291xqlvlno9f29qc0gpq

Okay.  Let’s do it. Wisconsin has faired very well against Auburn last time I check. And I graduated from Auburn . To say Wisconsin doesn’t have a really good college squad is ignorant as best. Madison has one of the best if not the best college football campus in the nation. What are you even talking about?

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nfl-season-opener-2020-tv-viewers-ratings-nbc-sports-chiefs-texans

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/nbc/packers-bears-overnight-ratings-up-14-percent-over-last-years-kickoff-game.html

11.9 million? That’s it?  The packers - bears game had a 23.9 million viewership in 2019. That was higher than the NC game. You can have a seat now.  

This is my one day off from treating COVID patients. I can do this all day!

That’s because of the Packers mostly. They have fans everywhere and the Bears have been kinda meh for years. I know that rivalry was huge years ago but don’t think it’s too big of a deal lately. I love Aaron Rogers and watch him any chance I get.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

That’s because of the Packers mostly. They have fans everywhere and the Bears have been kinda meh for years. I know that rivalry was huge years ago but don’t think it’s too big of a deal lately. I love Aaron Rogers and watch him any chance I get.

Packer fans are everywhere and they are obnoxious as hell. But they do throw a great party . Bears fans are still there but super quiet since they haven’t had much success. When they were in the playoffs with Parkey( Auburn connection) they were very loud , but always seem to fail lol. I feel bad for them tbh.  Btw, Aaron Rodgers, as great as he is, is mostly disliked up here 

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If Gus wins I'm demanding a hand recount.

Just take it to The SCOTUS. That’ll do. 

Perhaps we all take ourselves far to seriously. This is a GAME. Sadly it will not cure the Covid19 crisis. Let’s simply enjoy the fact that we have  games to enjoy..

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

THANK YOU for properly using the singular form of 'alumnus.' That's something that bothers my grammar Nazi brain like crazy.

Ha! My wife and kids give me a hard time for frequent grammar and pronunciation corrections, lol

16 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My wife is an ELA teacher. I am constantly being weighed and measured grammatically. More often than not, I am found wanting.

I'm constantly being told how to pronounce things. Notice I don't say "corrected". She's not right just because she's from where the Mayflower landed!

43 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Thought this thread was going to be about offensive tackle recruiting.  No words is the only response I can muster.

We need a recruiting meltdown thread ASAP. Lol 

Archived