Tank update?

AubWes33

When I broke my hip, completely torn out of socket, at first I thought I had a hip pointer. THAT is how painful it is. 

Opinions aside, it's up to the doctors and Tank whether he plays or not.  

1 hour ago, countoff said:

But I've seen Gus send a few good players (i.e. Pettway, KJ, White) into games in an injured state and the results were not good.  I think it may have ruined Pettway's NFL career.

Gus has no say in the matter. If they are cleared by the medical staff, they are sound and they can play. If not cleared, they cannot play. Think about it, there are legal reasons why this is so.

As far as Pettway's career, Pettway did that to himself. Personal decisions were involved, not physical injury.

Gus said earlier today neither tackles nor Tank have practiced this week.  Auburn needs to survive Bama and get these guys back to face a winnable TaMu and an improving Miss State.

It would be pointless to bring them back Saturday if cleared but not 100%. The difference in the talent level and coaching  between Auburn and Alabama goes well beyond any 3 players we have to risk further injury. Let ‘em heal and bring them back when they’re 100%.

11 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It would be pointless to bring them back Saturday if cleared but not 100%. The difference in the talent level and coaching  between Auburn and Alabama goes well beyond any 3 players we have to risk further injury. Let ‘em heal and bring them back when they’re 100%.

I heard that. I want Tank to play, but only if he is 100%.No since in taking further risk.

I'd be stunned if our med staff gave green light for him to reenter game (which he did) unless it was a mild, garden variety injury. Fwiw, at this point in the season everybody is hurt - so unless he's at risk of long term injury, this is the Iron Bowl and Tank at 80% is better than 99% of the nation's RBs.

22 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'd be stunned if our med staff gave green light for him to reenter game (which he did) unless it was a mild, garden variety injury. Fwiw, at this point in the season everybody is hurt - so unless he's at risk of long term injury, this is the Iron Bowl and Tank at 80% is better than 99% of the nation's RBs.

I believe I would evaluate the risk-vs-reward on this call. Yep. He’s riding the pine if it was up to me.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I believe I would evaluate the risk-vs-reward on this call. Yep. He’s riding the pine if it was up to me.

Agreed, we have him at least two more years and this year ain't it. Even if we beat Alabama we don't stop their playoff run and we're not going to meet all the ridiculous scenarios to make it into the SEC playoffs. Let him rest. Shivers, DJ, and MAR can get it done with some Bo runs as well.

Some of you sound like you have the same “play it safe” mentality that you gripe about Gus having. If the kid is cleared to play and wants to play, let the kid play. Legends aren’t made on the sidelines.

6 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Some of you sound like you have the same “play it safe” mentality that you gripe about Gus having. If the kid is cleared to play and wants to play, let the kid play. Legends aren’t made on the sidelines.

I just think we, along with most other teams not named Alabama, Clemson, ND, tOSU, and Florida, have so little to gain this season. This is the second most apathetic I've been about an IB since I started following Auburn football.

You're the most talented RB Auburn has had in 16 years (yes, more so than he-who-liked-spice-a-bit-too-much). Would you risk getting worse injured in a sure loss in a meaningless season?

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

I just think we, along with most other teams not named Alabama, Clemson, ND, tOSU, and Florida, have so little to gain this season. This is the second most apathetic I've been about an IB since I started following Auburn football.

You're the most talented RB Auburn has had in 16 years (yes, more so than he-who-liked-spice-a-bit-too-much). Would you risk getting worse injured in a sure loss in a meaningless season?

Then just cancel the whole **** season then

8 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Then just cancel the whole **** season then

This season is on borrowed time, PAC. It’s just enough to have some football to watch and TV revenue for the schools.  The champion will have a covid asterisk forever. Better days (for college football) are coming; no use in using people up who aren’t 100%.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:30 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

It would be pointless to bring them back Saturday if cleared but not 100%. The difference in the talent level and coaching  between Auburn and Alabama goes well beyond any 3 players we have to risk further injury. Let ‘em heal and bring them back when they’re 100

Some of this reasoning for not playing in a big game is complete bs and no true competitor, coach or team would even remotely consider.

16 minutes ago, creed said:

Some of this reasoning for not playing in a big game is complete bs and no true competitor, coach or team would even remotely consider.

Amen! I can’t believe all the defeated, throw in the towel attitudes on this board! 

Tank is a competitive and tough as nails running back who wants to play if cleared. A player of his caliber would be sick if he had to miss his first Iron Bowl, so if he’s cleared let him give it a shot. War Eagle 🦅 

1 hour ago, creed said:

I guess covid quarantine is getting to you, huh, Coach Saban?

From what I know about hip pointer it is very painful but not an injury that gets worse by playing. If playing could hurt him don't play him if no real risk of serious injury and he is cleared and wants to play let him.

13 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That only makes sense. You shouldn't go to war without your Tank. 

Archived