Saban tests positive for Covid

Maverick.AU

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outcome will probably be the same, but it does make for an interesting story for the game.  Does the SEC have any rules about the coach 'phoning it in'. In other words, can he talk with the coaches during the game remotely?

So if Auburn wins will Saban get the NCAA to change the Covid rule?  I don't think this will matter at all.  Sark still running the offense.

7 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

Outcome will probably be the same, but it does make for an interesting story for the game.  Does the SEC have any rules about the coach 'phoning it in'. In other words, can he talk with the coaches during the game remotely?

No external communication is allowed and he can’t be on site.  

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The Iron Bowl just got a whole lot more interesting. 

Not really. They still blast us.

6 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the SEC postpones the game. 

Don’t need to. They’ll beat us regardless.

Two things... either they will be more motivated to win it since he can’t be there, or they come out slow because it’s the first time ever he has not been on the sideline. It will definitely be an impact, which way no one knows for sure. The Vegas line will probably go down a TD....the FB person in me says Bama wins by two TDS...the Auburn man in me says something happens that makes it closer than the experts think and Auburn has a chance in the end but misses out shortly...

16 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

Prohibited, by the NCAA I think. (On edit: Yup, prohibited by the NCAA. No contact from 90 minutes before the game or during the game. )The SEC may have a rule as well but if so it would be redundant to the NCAA.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thoughts and prayers go out to Sabin for a speedy recovery, and for anyone else who has Covid also.

I agree. May he heal fully. On Sunday. 

Well crap, he’s been the one that’s historically helped us out on some bad gameday coaching decisions. Having him on the sideline was our only hope. 😂

Isn’t it protocol that if you test positive then people you have been in contact with also have to quarantine? I would think several players on the team would fall into that category?

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Well crap, he’s been the one that’s historically helped us out on some bad gameday coaching decisions. Having him on the sideline was our only hope. 😂

Very valid point. They might have won the 13 and 19 IBs without his last second buffoonery.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Isn’t it protocol that if you test positive then people you have been in contact with also have to quarantine? I would think several players on the team would fall into that category?

My thoughts exactly.  Could get interesting. 

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Now there's a thought. I'm not entirely clear on the SEC's rules on quarantine for those that have been in contact.

On edit...

Here's the PDF with the SEC's covid rules.

Here's a screenshot of the page with the quarantine rules:

SEC.Capture.PNG

14 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Agreed. Game management by actually be better with him not involved.  This gives Sark another tryout as head coach for the schools with openings. 

24 minutes ago, The lions roar said:

I’m afraid the only difference it will make is if he caught from the wide receivers and Najee Harris

Fixed it for you. Mac Jones is just a plug and play. He may win the hesiman, but, it’s just like McElroy and McCarron. He benefits from a scheme that that fits his strengths and really good players around him. If he’s out, I doubt it has an impact on the game unless the back up is just THAT terrible.

19 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I agree. May he heal fully. On Sunday. 

May he recover immediately. There will be no follow up tests this time. He's out for Saturday.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

May he recover immediately. There will be no follow up tests this time. He's out for Saturday.

Yeah, After the way things unfolded for bama vs UGA, I meant my post in jest. Poor taste I guess. 

Archived