Saban tests positive for Covid

Maverick.AU

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

See, that's the thing. At bama, the head coach doesn't have to cheat. The REC (Red Elephant Club) does it for them. Remember all those Dodge Chargers? Those sweet suits from that Tuscaloosa men's shop? The never ending "house sitting" gigs for parents in luxury homes? They have a machine...

AKA Plausible deniability. Been happening for centuries.

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Fixed it for you. Mac Jones is just a plug and play. He may win the hesiman, but, it’s just like McElroy and McCarron. He benefits from a scheme that that fits his strengths and really good players around him. If he’s out, I doubt it has an impact on the game unless the back rs up is just THAT terrible.receive

Wrong Mac hits open receIvers on the deep ball in stride. He is the real thing.

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Yeah. To say Mac Jones isn’t an exceptional QB is foolishness.

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I’m honestly not sure how I feel about this. I’ve always felt that Saban’s actual coaching skills were meh. His teams are mostly great because he puts together elite staffs and gets insanely elite players to fit the schemes of those staffs perfectly. In games, all I see from him is constant complaints to the refs, belittling his players and coaches over every little error, and honestly quite a bit of bad decision making (hello last decade of iron bowl history). I actually kind of wonder if they’ll play better without him there.

Saban's process is all about insuring victory leading up to the actual game. It is about blowing teams out before you even get to the stadium and not getting in a close game. Close games you cannot control and there is no bigger control freak than Saban. I will say he is a very average actual in game coach but I was impressed with him in the first clemson vs bama natty with the onside kick and the bama vs thuga natty making the move to put Tua at QB and pulling hurts that essentially was the game winning move and won them the game. 

41 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

And we will probably see that several times Saturday. It’s almost too easy.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Correct. Great young man too. From what I understand a 3 star player as well. I don’t think the Bama faithful was expecting that from him. He was suppose to be al Tua’s brother.

3 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Well since Gary Danielson and Nick are such good friends, Gary can just call the plays down. The CBS broadcast will probably become the Nick Saban show for 3 hours.

I would not shock me to see him on a monitor from home with reactions to the game and an interview at the half. 

I could hit open receivers in stride behind that O line between bites from a peanut butter sandwich.

I've played with several potential Heisman quarterbacks in Sunday afternoon pickup games when the rush was 10 Mississippi.

I'm genuinely way more interested in the Egg Bowl, specifically how Elijah Moore plays a year after "The Piss."

Really, you'd be hard pressed to find a better Egg Bowl-Iron Bowl combo than last year. I guess you could say 2013 since Kick Six and the Egg went into OT but still.

51 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I could hit open receivers in stride behind that O line between bites from a peanut butter sandwich.

I've played with several potential Heisman quarterbacks in Sunday afternoon pickup games when the rush was 10 Mississippi.

I have watched a lot of the bama games this year. Yes they have a great O-Line and that helps but the throws he has hit are tough even when just practicing and no defense. I have also seen Mac stand in the pocket to make a throw on a blitz and get hit hard.  As I said earlier he is the real deal. Now like any QB he can have a bad game since he has not had one this year Saturday would be a good time for one of those games and Bo has already had a really bad game against SC so Saturday would be a great day for him to have his best game ever. I don't expect Mac to have a bad game or Bo to have his best game ever but I bleed orange and blue so there is always hope. I was at the kick bama kick game.

59 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You serious, Clark?

Yes Eddie.    It directly effects a game we have in 3 days.    It may not make much difference,  but it does effect Auburn football this week.     It is not a big deal.   I just figure this is an Auburn football topic this week.

Do you think it will have ANY effect on the game large or small? good or bad?  

8 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Yes Eddie.    It directly effects a game we have in 3 days.    It may not make much difference,  but it does effect Auburn football this week.     It is not a big deal.   I just figure this is an Auburn football topic this week.

Do you think it will have ANY effect on the game large or small? good or bad?  

Lol..Eddie?  My bad, I misunderstood your point. You were referring to why it’s in the rival’s forum. Gotcha. I agree...

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Lol..Eddie?  My bad, I misunderstood your point. You were referring to why it’s in the rival’s forum. Gotcha. I agree...

Ha!  Cousin Eddie...  the source for "are you serious Clark?" 

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Ha!  Cousin Eddie...  the source for "are you serious Clark?" 

Oh, I got it, and deservedly so! Just watched Christmas Vacation again a couple of days ago. Never gets old. 

Imagine if Sark were promoted when Saban finally hangs it up, and we hired Cristobal when we finally part with Malzahn. That'd be a very fascinating Iron Bowl coaching matchup.

For the over 50 crowd. Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

Seriously, hope that Coach Saban makes a full recovery.

026369BC-68C1-49DF-8E34-B35DF2A329AB.gif

12 hours ago, The lions roar said:

I’m afraid the only difference it will make is if he caught from Mac Jones and Najee Harris

I think you have to throw Smith in as well; a guard,  a couple of tackles, LB's and a couple of DB's.  Only then could it maybe make a difference.  

30 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I think you have to throw Smith in as well; a guard,  a couple of tackles, LB's and a couple of DB's.  Only then could it maybe make a difference.  

I don’t even remember the second rbs name. But he is at least as good as Najee. 

Archived