Genuine Q about Iron Bowl

AUght2win

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m not a Gus fan but it would do you guys well to remember, if Gus beats Saben Saturday he will be 4-4 with probably the best coach I n D1 football in the last 8 years . And zero of Saben’s  coaching  tree has ever beat him it like 16-0. And not even Dabo has beat Nick that much. Jus t saying. 

So? Dabo has won when it mattered. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yet, he's managed to out-smart Saban more than once.

Yep. Against bama in JHS, Gus usually has a very good game plan and coaches his butt off.  Saban isn’t a great game day coach and can be outsmarted.  Gus has proven that a few times.  It just doesn’t happen often because his teams are way more talented than their competition.  

14 hours ago, Viper said:

We've never beaten bammer as a 20+ point dog.

There's a first time for everything. Not saying this is that time, but hey, let's play the game and see what happens before surrendering, ok?

On 11/26/2020 at 11:53 AM, DAG said:

Vary rarely can great teams like Bama simply get beat without beating themselves. In fact that is with any great team. It happens on the rarest occasions and when it does those teams usually end up winning it all. 

I think that's a silly way to look at football or any sport. It's a product of marketing by Nick Saban. Every press conference after an L: "We didn't play well. We didn't execute." Well, I imagine they'd execute just fine against air. Maybe their struggles have something to do with their opponent?

15 hours ago, Viper said:

The only two I remember coming into the game being more mismatched were 2008 and 2012. Didn't score in either of those.

Since 2010, the only one in Tuscaloosa that was close was 2014, where Nick Marshall set the all-time single game AU passing record. Instead, we have a QB that is highly prone to throwing INTs on the road.

You are not telling the truth. At all. There is no possible way you think we have less of a chance tomorrow than we did in '15 and '16 with 2 Jeremy Johnson led teams. 

16 hours ago, Viper said:

And since halftime of the Georgia game, bammer has given up a grand total of 20 points...an average of 1.4 points per quarter.

You can't just act like that fact doesn't count either.

Against the 12th, 13th, and dead last ranked teams in the conference in yards per game. They are also 11th, 12th, and 13th in scoring.

People love to say “It’s a rivalry game, anything can happen”. But the truth is the favorite almost always wins the AU-UA game, particularly when one team is clearly superior. Bama is the better team in all phases of the game and at all positions. Like it or not point spreads are usually pretty accurate. If we lose by less than 20 I’ll be pleasantly surprised; if we won it would be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the series. I’ll be pulling and hoping for an Auburn victory but the odds are so long I’ll probably go deer hunting instead of sitting in front of the TV. Hope I get in my truck and get shocked by word of an Auburn win but I won’t be holding my breath.

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

There's a first time for everything. Not saying this is that time, but hey, let's play the game and see what happens before surrendering, ok?

Sorry, this is an impossible win, esp with no Tank. 

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Nothing is impossible. Improbable, yes. Impossible? No. Impossible was what they said the year Tre Smith carried the load at tailback with the starters injured. How'd that one turn out?

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

and no way in hades chris davis runs this kick back 109 yards!🤔

while i agree, very improbable, but not impossible

48 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You are not telling the truth. At all. There is no possible way you think we have less of a chance tomorrow than we did in '15 and '16 with 2 Jeremy Johnson led teams. 

So calling me a liar is your move now?

2015 was at JH. We always have a chance v bammer at JH. Plus we had Boom’s defense.

2016 bammer averaged 38.8 PPG. AU averaged giving up 17.1 PPG.

2020 bammer is averaging 49.4 PPG. AU is averaging giving up 22 PPG.

That’s an improvement of 11 points for bammer. And 5 points in the opposite direction for AU.

The difference should be obvious...even to you pumpers.

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

I feel like the one, two punch from worm and DJ will be sufficient on the ground. Bo needs to slow the game down and make his reads. If happy feet does what he should we will move the ball on Bama. 

Defensively is where the scheme and execution will make or break us. Our secondary is capable of making big plays. They need to control their emotions and communicate. CKS will have to be creative with the front in order to fill run gaps and get pressure. 

I have confidence we make this a nail biter! 
#60minutes! 

14 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Nothing is impossible. Improbable, yes. Impossible? No. Impossible was what they said the year Tre Smith carried the load at tailback with the starters injured. How'd that one turn out?

Was an 11-point dog. Wasn’t impossible by my standards. 24-point dog this time. Impossible without Tank and with a road INT machine QB.

13 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

and no way in hades chris davis runs this kick back 109 yards!🤔

while i agree, very improbable, but not impossible

No fat guys this time around.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Against the 12th, 13th, and dead last ranked teams in the conference in yards per game. They are also 11th, 12th, and 13th in scoring.

In that same time frame, AU has given up 72 points, an average of 5.1 points per quarter.

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

So calling me a liar is your move now?

2015 was at JH. We always have a chance v bammer at JH. Plus we had Boom’s defense.

2016 bammer averaged 38.8 PPG. AU averaged giving up 17.1 PPG.

2020 bammer is averaging 49.4 PPG. AU is averaging giving up 22 PPG.

That’s an improvement of 11 points for bammer. And 5 points in the opposite direction for AU.

The difference should be obvious...even to you pumpers.

C'mon, dude. There is no way you think our odds look worse tomorrow than in 2015 and 2016.

The 2015 needed a miracle in OT to beat JACKSONVILLE STATE, and gave one of the most embarrassing performances in AU history at LSU ("The Fournette Game"). They came into that game at 6-5 against the future national champs and Heisman winner.

In 2016 the entire team was hurt, playing on the road in T-Town, versus an undefeated Bama. 

Jeremy Johnson QB'd both. 

Don't die on this hill. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

if we won it would be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the series.

Considering a 16-point spread in 72 is the biggest, this would be not one of...it would be the biggest.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

C'mon, dude. There is no way you think our odds look worse tomorrow than in 2015 and 2016.

The 2015 needed a miracle in OT to beat JACKSONVILLE STATE, and gave one of the most embarrassing performances in AU history at LSU ("The Fournette Game"). They came into that game at 6-5 against the future national champs and Heisman winner.

In 2016 the entire team was hurt, playing on the road in T-Town, versus an undefeated Bama. 

Jeremy Johnson QB'd both. 

Don't die on this hill. 

Jax State went on to play in their national championship game.

AU hasn’t won in Baton Rouge in 21 years.

AU played bammer in JH in 2015.

Your argument needs a ventilator. 

54 minutes ago, Viper said:

Considering a 16-point spread in 72 is the biggest, this would be not one of...it would be the biggest.

You’re right. And, that ‘72 team was the definition of “special”. This team is trying hard but just has limitations that are hard to see them overcoming 

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

People forget that besides the running backs being injured, Auburn was on equal footing in all other areas if not better.   

Archived