Genuine Q about Iron Bowl

AUght2win

2 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

The 25 point spread seems ridiculous if you ask me.  I know Bama has completely destroyed most of their  opponents this year, but I just don’t see it unless Bo throws 3 picks or something.  I don’t necessarily like our chances of winning the game, but I don’t feel like it would be the monumental upset of all time if we won either.  War Eagle 

Vegas sets the spread. That’s not what they actually think. The betting public determines what they “think.” If the betting public thought this spread was way off it would have dropped substantially, but it hasn’t. 

It seems pretty accurate if you ask me. No one thinks this will be close. We will find out soon enough. Remember, the buildings out there are big for a reason. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been watching this game since the 70’s, I will always hope and cheer for Auburn to win.   I would laugh for a long time if Auburn were to pull off the victory today.    

It will take Alabama to play it’s worst game of the year and Auburn to score points from either the special teams or defense.   To me that’s not being a Debbie downer or negative, it’s seeing how Auburn has played through out the year and seeing how Alabama has played.   

Knowing what I have seen, I don’t think Auburn is going to win.  Tennessee abused Auburn’s defense line in the second half, and Alabama’s offense is way better than Tennessee’s.

4 hours until the “impossible “ happens! Hahaha 

Disclaimer: I can’t in good conscience talk s*** to bama fans if I talk Auburn into the loss column before the game starts. #play60minutes 

Auburn wins when they have at least 9 total wins on the season. If we beat Bama today, that means we win out and win a bowl game. Don't think that is realistic, but they play the game for a reason. And, no Saban on the sideline to screw up in game coaching decisions.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:40 PM, AUght2win said:

You miss the Ole Miss game when they gave up 650 yards?

Their defense, while not yet world-class, has significantly improved since then.

58 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Who have they played?

Started their 20 points allowed in the last 14 quarters by shutting out Georgia in the 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Started their 20 points allowed in the last 14 quarters by shutting out Georgia in the 2nd half.

UGA hasn't exactly been an offensive juggernaut. What's your point?

9 hours ago, DAG said:

It will be a pleasant surprise for lots if we win this game. 

If we pull off the impossible, I'll wait in the long line to give kudos to the small handful in this thread who predicted a win or close game (single digits).

I don't expect the same from them if bammer wins by more than 24.

5 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

UGA hasn't exactly been an offensive juggernaut. What's your point?

Georgia scored 24 in the first half, then got goose-egged.

If you look back at Gus' history in facing the big three on the road (bammer, Georgia & LSU), he typically does the exact same...does all his damage in the 1st half, then fizzles out in the 2nd half quicker than a 4th of July sparkler.

I see AU scoring 10-13 in the 1st half, then 0-3 in the 2nd half.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:13 PM, AUght2win said:

I fully understand we are not a championship caliber team. We have serious holes. Including the ones in our coach's head. We are very fortunate to be 5-2, and I wouldn't pick us to win Saturday.

That said, why are so many convinced Saturday will be a blowout? Or that a win would be the biggest upset in the rivalry's history? I don't see it, and it's less to do with us and more to do with our opponent. 

Alabama has an otherworldly offense. But it's without its best player. And I don't see us giving up too many explosive plays to an offense sans Waddle.

On the other side of the ball, their defense is the worst, IMO, since Saban's been there - Ole Miss put up 650 yards on them, and they don't play very well against the run.

I think we actually may match up well against them. If we can run the ball (we should be able to) and limit huge chunks through the air (we should be able to), then I think the game will be shortened and we definitely will have a shot in the 4th.

But to those who say otherwise, aside from a lot of offensive talent (which Alabama always has), why are you convinced this one won't be close? 

On 11/25/2020 at 4:31 PM, smackydoodle said:

People always start these posts because if Auburn wins "I told ya!" but when they get blown out it just disappears into the abyss.

Bloop... bloop bloop... down to the abyss we goooooo..... maybe the next shot at 1 in a million  prediction glory works out

Again like I said earlier , it usually takes damn competitive football and some misfortune  to beat Bama. Very rarely does a team just line up and punch them in the mouth, where Bama has to just say the other team is better. If you look at our games against Bama , most of the Alabama victories are close games , where the amazing happens or crazy misfortune occurs (all which is a part of the game). However, when we lose , it is usually in blow out fashion. 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Again like I said earlier , it usually takes damn competitive football and some misfortune  to beat Bama. Very rarely does a team just line up and punch them in the mouth, where Bama has to just say the other team is better. If you look at our games against Bama , most of the Alabama victories are close games , where the amazing happens or crazy misfortune occurs (all which is a part of the game). However, when we lose , it is usually in blow out fashion. 

It takes a National Championship caliber AU team to beat them on the road. Only takes a 9-win AU team to beat them at home...every...single...time.

Archived