* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

If you are gonna get an INT, at least do it on a 50/50 ball down the field. Jeez. Terrible playcall, bad throw by Bo behind Flash. Would have never happened if Seth wouldn't have dropped a TD.

Trending at 42-6 at the half. Bama gets the ball first. Good grief.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bo's fault.

Don’t get it started tonight! If you do, this thread is going to make the UGA game thread look civilized.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

He didn't fall into their lap.  They went and paid the man a ton of money.  Like it or not, Bama wants to win a hell of a lot more than Auburn.  Been that way for a century.

Auburn paid a good bit also, but made a bad investment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

For Nick Saban to just fall ass backwards into Bama’s lap, and for them, out of all teams, to have a stretch of complete dominance the way they have. It just tells me that this football rivalry was always destined to never be in Auburn’s favor. That’s just the reality of the situation. 

What?  The folks at AU make bad decisions about AU football and then don't correct them.  Nothing cosmic about it. 

• Like 2

For Nick Saban to just fall ass backwards into Bama’s lap, and for them, out of all teams, to have a stretch of complete dominance the way they have. It just tells me that this football rivalry was always destined to never be in Auburn’s favor. That’s just the reality of the situation. 

Bammers want to win at any, and at all cost.  They have done, and will literally do anything.  In the big budget, network and endorsement controlled money game that is college football,  This is hard to compete against. 

• Like 1

Here’s the difference in these two teams outside of recruiting.  The ball that Williams dropped:  when Bama’s receivers drop that ball in practice they get their asses chewed and they run it till they can’t get it wrong.  I doubt that happens on the plains.

Just now, Zeek said:

Criticize him when it makes sense but half the tools on here blame the whole game on him. That last pass was too far behind Schwartz and an awful play call. Still, on Bo putting it behind Schwartz. 

Bo has made good plays and bad ones today.  The 25 yard pass on that same drive was solid.  As was the missed TD pass to Seth.

But he also made the wrong read on the interception throw.  Drag route was open for a first down with no one covering.

Today is much more about the overall team execution and game plan though.  We are playing scared and it shows.  The first time we looked remotely aggressive was the final drive and we actually moved the ball.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We give Bo praise for about a whole month but guys lose their mind when we rightly criticize some of his mistakes lol. 

You have to figure out how to say everybody is to blame but leave Bo out of it lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

He kinda reminds me of Randy Moss without Moss’s talent. I like the guy and when he’s on he’s great, but yeah he takes too many plays off

He has all American talent , but a piss poor attitude. Guys I’m sorry 

• Like 1

Just now, WarEagle1982 said:

Here’s the difference in these two teams outside of recruiting.  The ball that Williams dropped:  when Bama’s receivers drop that ball in practice they get their asses chewed and they run it till they can’t get it wrong.  I doubt that happens on the plains.

When Bama players make a mistake, they are held accountability. Not so much at auburn. 

• Like 1

Don’t get it started tonight! If you do, this thread is going to make the UGA game thread look civilized.

Pro-Bo or anti-Bo I think we can all agree the O-line is garbage

• Like 1

The fact that Gus doesn't call a timeout with over two minutes left in the half when Bama has a third, and eight should tell you all you need to know about our fearless leader. 

Especially in a game against the top ranked team on the country which you are a 24.5 point dog to.

Gus is a beta, and it reflects throughout the program.

Edited by Eagle-1

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Auburn paid a good bit also, but made a bad investment. 

Yep.  But the difference is Bama would have cut ties with their investment by now if they had made the same decision we did.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Being a Christian doesn't have anything to do with it. Leave the slam towards a man's faith out of it. I don't blame anyone for looking for the good character that follows most, but not all, Christians. 

He does have a point. Some Auburn faithful like to pull the family feel/we are too good for some coaches. It’s very much true. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You have to figure out how to say everybody is to blame but leave Bo out of it lol

Nah include him. Most posters are smart enough to see the whole team sucking an egg. There's three or 4 brain dead idiots who sit there and go "BO MAN BAD" like robotic NPCs.

Tank can't take two steps without a defender on his ass. Shivers is getting bullied. Seth has been blanketed all game and defense is biting on every fake or play action. Bo isn't taking off enough and he's got to keep the ball in front of the receivers.

1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

Pro-Bo or anti-Bo I think we can all agree the O-line is garbage

They have actually ran it okay with Tank, but on 3rd and 3 when they kicked the field goal they take him out and run a a sprint out concept.