* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

Just now, WarEagle1982 said:

They have actually ran it okay with Tank, but on 3rd and 3 when they kicked the field goal they take him out and run a a sprint out concept.

Tanks making them look better. He has someone on his heels as soon as he gets the handoff.

Bama has no doubts whether we're passing or running. Considering we never do a Play-action and we do draws only on 2nd and forever it makes sense.

Just now, Zeek said:

Nah include him. Most posters are smart enough to see the whole team sucking an egg. There's three or 4 brain dead idiots who sit there and go "BO MAN BAD" like robotic NPCs.

Tank can't take two steps without a defender on his ass. Shivers is getting bullied. Seth has been blanketed all game and defense is biting on every fake or play action. Bo isn't taking off enough and he's got to keep the ball in front of the receivers.

It's definitely some of those guys but on the other side it's guys that attack people that says anything about no too. 

This definitely isn't on one player though. We are bad everywhere

There are so many things to be pissed about right now.  But I keep coming back to the overall game plan, especially on offense.  It's passive.

We get to 2nd and 12 and run up the middle.  We see quick passes out of a WR bunch set work and don't go back to it.  It's just frustrating.

I fully expected to lose by multiple scores today and was fine with it.  But I hate that I feel like our coaching staff isn't even trying to at least compete.

Well Danielson said if the running game doesn't go, the passing game is not sophiscated enough to carry Auburn.  We hired Morris to be the guru of the passing game.  Nuff said about the problems at Auburn.

2 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Someone is sensitive. 

And let's not pretend that the faith of the head coach for Auburn University isn't important. You'll never see us hire a coach who doesn't actively praise God for football s***. 

Whatever. I get tired of Christians getting slammed by people who don't understand the contributions they make in communities. You are the sensitive one, or you wouldn't have brought it up. 

Ultimately it all comes down to Gus having another team on the road looking completely lost and unprepared. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

There are so many things to be pissed about right now.  But I keep coming back to the overall game plan, especially on offense.  It's passive.

We get to 2nd and 12 and run up the middle.  We see quick passes out of a WR bunch set work and don't go back to it.  It's just frustrating.

I fully expected to lose by multiple scores today and was fine with it.  But I hate that I feel like our coaching staff isn't even trying to at least compete.

2nd and 12 sorta fecks up the plan.

We appear to be snake bit today. How often to you see Seth Williams drop a perfect TD pass like that? 

Bottom line is there are very very few players on our team that would be in the two deep on UAT. Just about across the board they are better. 

Bo doesn't have time to throw and when he does he's still inaccurate (mainly because his footwork is non-existent. He's a "backyard chunker". He's physically gifted and likely has the right idea most of the time in this offense, but he's basically a poor-man's Johnny Manziel. 

Tank also has no time to run and is just a freshman and injured. We can't rely on him to beat the #1 team in the nation and our biggest rival. 

WRs are rarely getting separation (hello holding), but that's mainly because Bama just has better athletes. 

As for our defense, it's getting abused by an actual offense with real routes/plays that are schemed better. Plus, we've regressed. 

We're just not on the same level and even with it being a rivalry game, we can't compete with them. I don't think I've ever seen the difference between these two teams being as drastic as it is right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

2nd and 12 sorta fecks up the plan.

We keep getting there by running sweeps, swings, screens and reverses for negative yards.