* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

Would have made no difference in the outcome, but WTF was the kickoff strategy. First, huge mistake to not defer the opening coin toss that resulted in Bama getting the ball in the second half with a big lead. Next, a fair catch inside the 25 gives you the ball at the 25. Why was Shivers running them out...inside the 25? Aggression that makes no sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIR ISAAC said:

Glad we’re staying away from the screen pass with their heavy rush pressure. Would hate to break one loose. 

We can’t block their d-backs anyway or handle the linebacker speed

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Is Bo the most coddled QB in Auburn history?

I don't know the Bears defended Cutler forever and that dude gave no amount of ****s.

Just now, difball said:

Sad thing is Gus was duped into thinking both were 5* guys - and both were 2 and that's being generous. 

Bo belongs in division II

Bo is a good home QB for the most part. He's terrible on the road though. I can't remember one impressive road game by him honestly. His home road splits are staggering.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Guys the lack of elite recruiting on both lines is showing . Gus can’t compete in the sec anymore . 

This is Sooo true.

• Like 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Bo could be a solid game manager, at his best. He'll need a constantly amazing OLine, and at least one WR that has a pretty great catch radius. He'll need that just to be good. But it's possible I suppose. The Gus version of AJ I guess. 

And that's a D2 QB - especially one that loves to throw off his back foot and has terrible footwork mechanics

• Like 1

This Coaching performance is vintage Gus. SCARED, PREDICTABLE, WEAK. 
These players aren’t any better than when they arrive. They aren’t getting coached up. PERIOD

• Like 2

Just now, WVR said:

This is Sooo true.

Except the anymore part. This has been going on for a minute. Consistently 4 losses.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Bo is a good home QB for the most part. He's terrible on the road though. I can't remember one impressive road game by him honestly. His home road splits are staggering.

Agreed, but man that deep ball drop hurt. Could’ve really given this O momentum.

1 minute ago, 33gles said:

******* commentators need to stop sucking Bamas dick and tell us what's going on.

We are getting an ass pounding, not much needs to be said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

BO hasn't been good today but lol if you think he has any say about the tempo of our offense. I mean really dude? 

Not blaming Nix for the tempo but he is not a freshman that last play shows you . When you are in the process of falling on your ass don’t heave the football at a bunch of red jersies. 🙁

3 minutes ago, Shift said:

5-5 

Not surprised if you just look at real teams AU has played since Gis was here not those pay a win teams like Jax state then Gus at best is a 50-50 coach. Making 7 million a year for that . Think about that . At that rate Nick and Dabo should already be billionaire by now. 

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

As a Bears fan, thank you for the reminder. I really needed that today. 

The divorce thing with him was hilarious though.

• Like 1

Just now, difball said:

And that's a D2 QB - especially one that loves to throw off his back foot and has terrible footwork mechanics

I do think we have enough games shown so far to know that Bo's inconsistency in his foot work is not going to get substantially better. And it's going to be able to be re-aggravated by a consistent pass rush. Those are knowns at this point. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, difball said:

Sad thing is Gus was duped into thinking both were 5* guys - and both were 2 and that's being generous. 

Bo belongs in division II

Who was it that “duped” Gus and how did they do it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s actually very bad tbh. That a major difference between quality vs super star 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Agreed, but man that deep ball drop hurt. Could’ve really given this O momentum.

How fragile is this kid? One drop and it all falls apart. This is is D one football not intramurals brother.