* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

So all of that is Bo’s fault then? We cleared out the pipeline, we made things happen for his “daddy”, we ran Gatewood off. That’s Bo’s fault?

Lol, moving the goal post of the argument?  The thesis of my argument is Bo is getting preferential treatment.  Whether he is the cause of it or the coaching staff is facilitating it is irrelevant. 

It seems here, on your side of the argument, there are just as many people who think NOTHING is Bo's fault.  And, hate to spoil the "great kid" narrative, but there are just as many anecdotal stories that he acts as entitled as he is perceived.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Richards has VISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 02 AU used a freshman because he was healthy, why not have given him a shot earlier?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, difball said:

But it was a dominant playbook in Arkansas high school football - best in Arkansas history - so I've been told.

As Arkansas high school football is the benchmark of all things football, I stand corrected.  🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

It's time to acknowledge the awful truth that Gus doesn't understand football. 

He is not so much a coach, but a play choreographer.  I think he's actually stumped when his playbook doesn't work as planned.

there was an article today that quoted Teddy Bruschi (sp.?)  talking about Bruce Arians the same way. why Belichek loved to play against coaches like him.  so wedded to an offense that when it doesn't work, or the players aren't there to implement it, STILL continues down that path. never improvises or gets creative. just keeps on doing what doesn't work

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, auburnphan said:

I never once thought that Bo has won or lost us a game.   I do think as a fan base we had way too high expectations for him coming in and the head coach helped throw fuel on the fire to create unrealistic expectations.

I can buy this argument.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You only going to be able to talk qb play with certain people

Eh, sometimes I have a few drinks and talking to the Brick Wall that is the Bo Nix Fan Club doesn't irritate me

1 minute ago, TigersTalons said:

In 02 AU used a freshman because he was healthy, why not have given him a shot earlier?

I think he missed most of his senior season and red shirt freshman season with an injury and recovery.  I think caddy has been building his confidence and getting him ready for the step up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Lol, moving the goal post of the argument?  The thesis of my argument is Bo is getting preferential treatment.  Whether he is the cause of it or the coaching staff is facilitating it is irrelevant. 

It seems here, on your side of the argument, there are just as many people who think NOTHING is Bo's fault.  And, hate to spoil the "great kid" narrative, but there are just as many anecdotal stories that he acts as entitled as he is perceived.

It's this ^^^. Kid should have been sitting on the bench learning the position and fixing his footwork.

When was the last time we kicked their butts, this bad? Seriously.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I never seen IG called from a throw over the middle end zone?

When the receiver obviously was supposed to be running there. Just dumb.

45 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Bo could be a solid game manager, at his best. He'll need a constantly amazing OLine, and at least one WR that has a pretty great catch radius. He'll need that just to be good. But it's possible I suppose. The Gus version of AJ I guess. 

Bo would have been good somewhere where he could have been developed. AU needs an extreme makeover