* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

Nix looks like a slightly above average qb with a completely sub par line.  Really makes it look even worse. Drives me nuts 5hat he throws off his back feet so often. 

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Congrats to Alabama.  Good luck winning the title.  

Yes, congrats to them, but never want them to win another title, National nor SEC.

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ATOTiger said:

Nix looks like a slightly above average qb with a completely sub par line.  Really makes it look even worse. Drives me nuts 5hat he throws off his back feet so often. 

It is a product of not being able to trust your offensive line and having a consistent pocket.  Stidham year two began having the same tendencies.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Lol, moving the goal post of the argument?  The thesis of my argument is Bo is getting preferential treatment.  Whether he is the cause of it or the coaching staff is facilitating it is irrelevant. 

It seems here, on your side of the argument, there are just as many people who think NOTHING is Bo's fault.  And, hate to spoil the "great kid" narrative, but there are just as many anecdotal stories that he acts as entitled as he is perceived.

Again, your golden daddy’s boys argument told me that there was no logical debate. You already have your opinions about Bo and think he’s entitled, coddled, and pair that on top of his sub par play, that’s your game plan. If you already don’t care for Bo the kid then there’s absolutely no debating this.

really don’t know about the “moving the goalposts things” I literally quoted what u said in your entire post lol

I want to have a convo about our qb and the coaching he's getting..... but I need someone sound and won't be personally offendedwhen the truth is stated

Just now, cole256 said:

I want to have a convo about our qb and the coaching he's getting..... but I need someone sound and won't be personally offendedwhen the truth is stated

Let’s go

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What coaching?

Looks like our D , or lack there of , won the Hesiman for Mac Jones today.  

I don’t get the nix hate.  He’s not Aaron Rodgers no but he played his ass off with ZERO help.  Yes too many back foot throws, but that’s what you get with a crappy OL all the time.  If his WR could catch and block (when needed), games would be more exciting.  And please stop w the gatewood crap—he can’t even play at Kentucky 

the only 2 coaches we have worth a hoot are Caddy and Bicknell

Just now, auburnphan said:

Let’s go

So one thing that isn't being discussed because I guess everybody still has hope is the horrible foot work from a 5 star and nobody seems to be stressed on correcting it

Just now, TigerPAC said:

I don’t get the nix hate.  He’s not Aaron Rodgers no but he played his ass off with ZERO help.  Yes too many back foot throws, but that’s what you get with a crappy OL all the time.  If his WR could catch and block (when needed), games would be more exciting.  And please stop w the gatewood crap—he can’t even play at Kentucky 

the only 2 coaches we have worth a hoot are Caddy and Bicknell

The problem is when someone points out a flaw it's called hate 

So one thing that isn't being discussed because I guess everybody still has hope is the horrible foot work from a 5 star and nobody seems to be stressed on correcting it

As I have been saying for years now, we need a true QB coach. Not sure why Gus doesn't see the need to have one. :dunno:

• Like 1

The problem is when someone points out a flaw it's called hate 

Saying “bo isn’t even slightly a good  qb” is hate in my book.   We have hashed footwork to death.  

How good would Mac Jones be on this team?

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Again, your golden daddy’s boys argument told me that there was no logical debate. You already have your opinions about Bo and think he’s entitled, coddled, and pair that on top of his sub par play, that’s your game plan. If you already don’t care for Bo the kid then there’s absolutely no debating this.

really don’t know about the “moving the goalposts things” I literally quoted what u said in your entire post lol

His footwork's terrible.  He reads through progressions like a 9th grade QB even when he is given time by the (yes, an inconsistent) o-line.  I haven't seen his front shoulder point toward the target ever.  He mismanages simple QB situations (Arkansas).  His accuracy inside of ten yards is spotty at best and receivers consistently have to alter their body just to make the catch.  Need more "logic"?

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I’ll sum it up for you.   He is slightly below average and scheme and coaching is below that.   Not being a hater or sunshine pumper.   It’s just the truth 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

With a qb dad and all the camps and coaching he's gotten this blows my mind. Is it not reinforced at practice? Game still to fast for him? Trying too hard? It's weird.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

His footwork's terrible.  He reads through progressions like a 9th grade QB even when he is given time by the (yes, an inconsistent) o-line.  I haven't seen his front shoulder point toward the target ever.  He mismanages simple QB situations (Arkansas).  His accuracy inside of ten yards is spotty at best and receivers consistently have to alter their body just to make the catch.  Need more "logic"?

When did I say he didn’t have anything to improve on? Movin the goalposts huh?

Just now, TigerPAC said:

Saying “bo isn’t even slightly a good  qb” is hate in my book.   We have hashed footwork to death.  

Hashed footwork to death? Who is we? And yeah you may have a few but on this board bo isn't bashed.

1 minute ago, TigerPAC said:

How good would Bo be on Bama's team? His issues are more in coaching, not talent.

• Like 1