Dear Auburn University,

musicitytiger

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

You just answered your own question. The PTB don't give a crap about the Auburn family or the football program. 

Haha, yeah right. They give so generously because they don’t give a crap. 😂

Dear random poster,

If the iron bowl result has at all influenced your opinion on this coaching staff, you’ve had your head under a rock all year. This is possibly the best team they’ve ever fielded, and they’ve won every game this year by double digits. I think they even beat UGA by this margin, and their defense was still trying to figure itself out at the time.

IMO,

This game today was embarrassing. However, this game will NOT cause the PTB to fire Gus. Why?

The PTB will look at this loss and say, "Gus is 2-2 against Bama over the past 4 years. That's a better record than any team in the country vs Bama. Better than ANY other team against a bona fide dynasty."

And Gus will still have Auburn in the middle of the pack in the SEC, year after year, so people will still watch their team play against Auburn, hoping for a win and knowing it is not automatic.

It is losses to teams like USCe and TN and the Mississippi schools that will cause the PTB headaches. But even those kinds of losses will not affect TV viewers. Why? Because they will know that Auburn can occasionally pull out the upset, but also that their team might have a chance to upset Auburn.

So, IMO, your entire premise is completely off kilter.

Dear everyone,

If you are watching Auburn play this year, you surely can see that it’s a poorly coached team.  And if there aren’t better coaches out there than what is currently on the sidelines, you aren’t being truthful 

18 minutes ago, AURex said:

IMO,

This game today was embarrassing. However, this game will NOT cause the PTB to fire Gus. Why?

The PTB will look at this loss and say, "Gus is 2-2 against Bama over the past 4 years. That's a better record than any team in the country vs Bama. Better than ANY other team against a bona fide dynasty."

And Gus will still have Auburn in the middle of the pack in the SEC, year after year, so people will still watch their team play against Auburn, hoping for a win and knowing it is not automatic.

It is losses to teams like USCe and TN and the Mississippi schools that will cause the PTB headaches. But even those kinds of losses will not affect TV viewers. Why? Because they will know that Auburn can occasionally pull out the upset, but also that their team might have a chance to upset Auburn.

This might be the most depressing post about AU Football, ever....

35 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

This might be the most depressing post about AU Football, ever....

And quite honestly, I agree with you. Yes, it is depressing. As an Auburn fan, it is not my happy place. It's not what I HOPE for Auburn football in the future. But I think it is an honest assessment of where we are right now.

2 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Dear random poster,

If the iron bowl result has at all influenced your opinion on this coaching staff, you’ve had your head under a rock all year. This is possibly the best team they’ve ever fielded, and they’ve won every game this year by double digits. I think they even beat UGA by this margin, and their defense was still trying to figure itself out at the time.

And how did our game with UGA go again?

4 hours ago, rophle said:

They don't care about winning.......better? 

5 hours ago, AURex said:

IMO,

than lets play a one game season, because our success is dependent upon and centered around Bama..

12 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

Turning this ish off.  Since our school has made a commitment to mediocrity, I suspect others will tune out too.

Good luck getting folks to tune in for any of the remaining games....

I never even bothered to watch. Checked the score  few times, on the phone, saw all I needed to see. 7-0. 14-0. 21-3., etc... pass. ( So damn tired of seeing FG's being put up when we need TD.'s No matter what game it is, Gus turns 6's into 3's better than anyone ) AU scored 48  last year vs bama, ( that's 35 more points than this year ) ,held serve and was able to win @ JSH , yet again,  But on the road ? Forget it. 13 useless points. Yeah, AU had some players out or hurt, but so did bama. The programs are worlds apart. And everyone knows it. 

13 hours ago, rophle said:

Let’s be honest. The majority of the PTB give so generously for the same reason billionaires donate to politicians. Influence and power to make decisions. 

13 hours ago, AURex said:

IMO,

My thought is that AU will have to replace Gus following the 2021 season. May not make AU better but change will be necessary to energize the  fans ,advance offense and bring in top recruits . Look at MR firing at Ga several years ago .Gus is done unless  a  AU miracle next year. 

48 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

My thought is that AU will have to replace Gus following the 2021 season. May not make AU better but change will be necessary to energize the  fans ,advance offense and bring in top recruits . Look at MR firing at Ga several years ago .Gus is done unless  a  AU miracle next year. 

Well, Gus did say Bo was gonna win a championship before he leaves , so next year could be that miracle ! 

Archived