If Gus isn’t fired tomorrow, AU is a loser institution

Swamp Eagle

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s hope one good thing can come out of 2020: Gustav fired. 

Don’t know why people are angry ( well I do) but this was predictable. Beating bad teams is fun but when there is clearly inconsistent play, expectations should be capped until we play a quality opponent

Idiot statement.

AU is way more than a football team. This game and this season and this coach’s schemes hurt, but we are in no way an Idiot Institution!!!

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Maybe we can hire that coach that lost to Oregon State!

I  will take him for half the prize just to lose by 4 TDS to Bama

This is really a pathetic showing. I am not going to listen to excuses due to the virus. Other teams look very well prepared. We have not recruited good lines the last couple of years, our linebackers are undersized, we don’t have a shut down cornerback and our QB is just not what he was in a small high school. We have two offensive geniuses, the term being loosely used who are not big time college coaches. Like I said in another post at the half, AU has nobody in charge that is smart enough to go make a good hire. I mean they put Bo on the hiring committee and that is inexcusable. 6 and 4 is the best scenario, but most likely not even achievable after how Miss St played GA and very undermanned at that. I can see this team losing this game of course, but to lose to S.C. and then Ga is just plain bad coaching and recruiting. Get ready for at least 3 to 4 more crappy uninspired seasons. 

Just now, Win4AU said:

Haha what?  

You are laughing that he loss to Oregon state yet you got a coach who makes a lot more money who loss to a team equal or less to Oregon state and has been getting manhandled by his fellow rivals. Hell, if this is the case , let’s at least get a bargain for these losses. No need to pay the house 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You are laughing that he loss to Oregon state yet you got a coach who makes a lot more money who loss to a team equal or less to Oregon state and has been getting manhandled by his fellow rivals. Hell, if this is the case , let’s at least get a bargain for these losses. No need to pay the house 

I’m laughing that your post was a bunch of gibberish.  I was just poking the bear with that comment.

I am not sure why anyone is surprised. We have not been a good team all year. The LSU game was good but let’s admit that LSUs defense is trash. Alabama is well coached at every single position and we are not. The difference between us and Alabama? Coaching plain and simple.. hopefully someone with the money will end this nightmare soon. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No. He’s laughing at your incoherent remark. Put the bottle down. 

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m laughing that your post was a bunch of gibberish.  I was just poking the bear with that comment.

Lol yes I see why now my bad 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t know why people are angry ( well I do) but this was predictable. Beating bad teams is fun but when there is clearly inconsistent play, expectations should be capped until we play a quality opponent

That’s exactly the problem DAG. IT IS EXPECTED, NOW.

3 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

No. He’s laughing at your incoherent remark. Put the bottle down. 

Yeah I see that. My bad. Put the mandalorian  down. 

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I am not sure why anyone is surprised. We have not been a good team all year. The LSU game was good but let’s admit that LSUs defense is trash. Alabama is well coached at every single position and we are not. The difference between us and Alabama? Coaching plain and simple.. hopefully someone with the money will end this nightmare soon. 

Exactly. It’s the expectation, now. See my point?

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Calling Auburn a loser institution because of our football team is a pretty weird statement.

We dominate at equestrian 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Exactly. It’s the expectation, now. See my point?

I don’t think it is the expectation for a good portion. I legit went into this game just wanting us to be competitive . The fact is we won’t get over the hump with this guy. 

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Calling Auburn a loser institution because of our football team is a pretty weird statement.

Mentality would have been a better choice of words, but it can easily become an institutional problem.

Just now, Win4AU said:

We dominate at equestrian 

Well we are great at other sports too  but my point is bigger than athletics.  Saying our school is a loser institution because of the results on the football field is ridiculous.  What about the school itself?  Do you only care about Auburn for the sports?  It’s just not a smart statement to make. 

Just now, DAG said:

I don’t think it is the expectation for a good portion. I legit went into this game just wanting us to be competitive . The fact is we won’t get over the hump with this guy. 

The problem is that Alabama’s defense can be attacked .. but you actually have to have a sound game plan to do that.. something our head guy can’t do. 

Archived