If Gus isn’t fired tomorrow, AU is a loser institution

Swamp Eagle

54 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I think the bigger picture of why everyone is at the end of their ropes is HOW we got to the point that we were such a massive underdog to our biggest rival. It’s not because we had a few players banged up or out for the game, and I think most people who are honest with themselves know it.

Question: What teams can you name that are not/wouldn't be a massive underdog to this season's COVID-19 edition of bama? For real. UGA's "best defense ever" was pretty much shredded. aTm was boatraced too. If bama gets the Gators in the SECCG, there will be filet of gator tail available for cheap after the game.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

He should be fired for putting us in the position that the bama game beatdown  was expected. 

Blah, blah, blah. Like I said...both starting tackles out. Starting guard (Brandon Council) out, lost a few games ago. Gimped up star tailback. And let's not forget KJ Britt, QB of the defense, also out. Not saying AU would have won if these players had all been healthy and available to go 100 percent, but I think they may have made a difference. And here's the same question I asked another poster: Which team could bama play that they would not be expected to beat down this season?

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

As expected. Some of the blind optimist showed their face and played out exactly how I figured the response would be 

What is wrong with a fan being optimistic about their team?

Personal beliefs of speaking positive and things come true is a thing among a lot of people especially in the Bible Belt. 

I don’t understand how a fan being optimistic is flaw or a ding on someone. 

I think we all knew the possibilities of Saturday, some just chose to stay positive about their team. 

13 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Question: What teams can you name that are not/wouldn't be a massive underdog to this season's COVID-19 edition of bama? For real. UGA's "best defense ever" was pretty much shredded. aTm was boatraced too. If bama gets the Gators in the SECCG, there will be filet of gator tail available for cheap after the game.

I feel like you responded to my post without actually reading it.

6 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

What is wrong with a fan being optimistic about their team?

Personal beliefs of speaking positive and things come true is a thing among a lot of people especially in the Bible Belt. 

I think we all knew the possibilities of Saturday, some just chose to stay positive about their team. 

Nothing is wrong with being optimistic. The problem is getting upset and mad when others posed the opposite views with data to support why they aren't as optimistic. If you can handle that, by all means be positive, but what I see is people upset with opposite views and when things play out as rational as it could, they flip out.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nothing is wrong with being optimistic. The problem is getting upset and mad when others posed the opposite views with data to support why they aren't as optimistic. If you can handle that, by all means be positive, but what I see is people upset with opposite views and when things play out as rational as it could, they flip out.

Gotcha. Just trying to understand is all. 

Whats covid got to do with it? They developed a 3 star qb, surrounded him with talent and run a modern offense. This not Bama best team under Saban. 

They recruit well. Alabama's current oline class is scary. They are actually getting better. We won't see a UGA team with 4 new starters on the oline, a new OC and a former walk on at QB again. We won't see Kiffen at Ole Miss with less talent. Arkansas is not getting worse. We were lucky to beat either. LSU won't have the massive turn over in players and coaches again. Texas A&M is obviously on the right path and recruiting well. 

But in year 8 we know what we have. 39-27 SEC record. 0-13 on the road vs LSU, UGA, Bama. 8-17 total vs LSU, UGA, Alabama. 7-6 vs non conference Power Five teams. 20-26 vs ranked teams. 8-16 vs top 10. 

But some want to keep digging. I don't know what you folks have seen to think Auburn is about to put it together and start consistently be a top 10 team? Cause I sure don't see it. 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Blah, blah, blah. Like I said...both starting tackles out. Starting guard (Brandon Council) out, lost a few games ago. Gimped up star tailback. And let's not forget KJ Britt, QB of the defense, also out. Not saying AU would have won if these players had all been healthy and available to go 100 percent, but I think they may have made a difference. And here's the same question I asked another poster: Which team could bama play that they would not be expected to beat down this season?

Kiffin took a talent-depleted Ole Miss team and went toe to toe with them for three and a half quarters. And for the billionth time, it's sooooooooooooooooooo much more than just UAT. For me at least it's the terrible OL recruiting.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Kiffin took a talent-depleted Ole Miss team and went toe to toe with them for three and a half quarters. And once again, it's sooooooooooooooooooo much more than just UAT.

You may as well go argue with a brick wall. 

20 hours ago, Win4AU said:

A&M and Auburn are definitely close.  LSU prior to their natty was a 9-10 win program who couldn’t beat Bama and usually tailed off at the end of the season to Ole Miss, Arkansas, or A&M.  They beat Auburn but usually they aren’t much better off by the end of the year with all the talent they have.  I see them returning to that same level until they replace Orgeron with the next coach who will probably do about the same.

I think that's still far better than Auburn when you consider what they're putting in the league and the talent they're accruing. They're always going to be one elite coach/coordinator away from playoff contender. Auburn doesn't even have the guaranteed talent to be a playoff contender, much less the finding an elite coach part 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

I don't care about what they have done to all the school they have played thus far, funny how you left off ole miss, my concern is that Auburn football program now is a complete joke..

19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Kiffin took a talent-depleted Ole Miss team and went toe to toe with them for three and a half quarters. And for the billionth time, it's sooooooooooooooooooo much more than just UAT. For me at least it's the terrible OL recruiting.

Ole Miss wasn’t depleted.  He also inherited a really good OL.  There was also the accusation Kiffin had all of the defensive play calls of Alabama.  I still think he would have scored more points than we did though.  

49 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wrong Gus, against a big rival on the road, every game is more alike than different. 

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

People act like people have just started complaining about Gus. We’ve been complain about gus since Nick Marshall left lol. Tubs always had the reputation that he was  going to have the team ready to play the big boys but that he was gonna lose one or two he shouldn’t lose along the way. Gus also loses the one  or two he shouldn’t lose and only beats the big 3 if it’s at home.

Biggest difference, back then, we fought it out and gave it everything we’ve got, we might lose but we were damn sure competitive and playing our hearts out. Now, we look soft, guys look like they aren’t interested at times. The fact that we have to recruit guys with certain mindsets instead of being able to take a talented player and put that mindset in their head is the problem.

Can't like this post enough.

Does anyone think we could persuade Vandy to buy Gus’s contract ? I mean we could sweeten the pot for them. I mean it’s a win-win. We get a better coach and Gus gets a school that won’t care if he wins much or not. 🤔

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Dude what? Was that English? Here's the answer to that question- "Yes I do think about it. I know many people are bothered by it and I am too."

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

And unless AU moves on from Gus, Ole Miss may just pass us. When Kiffin gets his guys in there they WILL be competitive. There’s no denying that. 

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

People act like people have just started complaining about Gus. We’ve been complain about gus since Nick Marshall left lol. Tubs always had the reputation that he was  going to have the team ready to play the big boys but that he was gonna lose one or two he shouldn’t lose along the way. Gus also loses the one  or two he shouldn’t lose and only beats the big 3 if it’s at home.

Biggest difference, back then, we fought it out and gave it everything we’ve got, we might lose but we were damn sure competitive and playing our hearts out. Now, we look soft, guys look like they aren’t interested at times. The fact that we have to recruit guys with certain mindsets instead of being able to take a talented player and put that mindset in their head is the problem.

I can't even remember our last bowl win.. Purdue maybe? But even against the big teams he can't win. We barely beat Arkansas and if these next two weeks end like we think they will, it should be clear going into next year he is on the hot seat. A bad start to next year should be fireable. 

3 hours ago, Bo Didley said:

It isn't. Nobody faults anyone for being optimistic. Ever. It's the optimistic folks pissed at the rest of the world that knows good and well that an arse-whoopin is coming. Show me an optimistic poster that didn't indict the rest of the forum, and I'll show you a guy that has been given no grief about his opinion.

guy 1: "I like our chances"

guy 2: "we're gonna get killed"

guy 1: "you're negative I hate this board"

next day

guy 1: "everybody is giving me a hard time"

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

Someone should have asked him about that game plan he rolled into Tuscaloosa.. what a joke. 

If a Gus coached team cannot run the ball he has no game plan. When is the last time you saw an analyst diagram a pass play of Auburn's where a receiver was wide open because of a well designed combo route, or one that fooled the defense by formation? How about using formation to get the fastest man in football into one on one situations with a safety? No, we try to run wheel routes, and throw deep to a three hundred pound tight end.

55 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

It isn't. Nobody faults anyone for being optimistic. Ever. It's the optimistic folks pissed at the rest of the world that knows good and well that an arse-whoopin is coming. Show me an optimistic poster that didn't indict the rest of the forum, and I'll show you a guy that has been given no grief about his opinion.

guy 1: "I like our chances"

guy 2: "we're gonna get killed"

guy 1: "you're negative I hate this board"

next day

guy 1: "everybody is giving me a hard time"

I want to plaster this all over the place. It really is this simple.

Archived