If Gus isn’t fired tomorrow, AU is a loser institution

Swamp Eagle

Let me guess here comes  somebody with insider info that says there is some rumblings about a coaching change . Didn’t that happen after SC loss? The staff needs to be changed . Year after year of this is the definition of insanity 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, abw0004 said:

I knew what your intentions were.  I was just trying to provide a moment of levity.  I know everyone is upset with today’s result.  

Andrew I am actually not upset tbh. I legit expected this which is the issue. Interested in hearing your response though 

I’m not against participation trophies but it’s bad when you get like some folks at Auburn now that are ok with us just getting a participation trophy each each year and infact consider that a sucess

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct. Lane had the blueprint but it must be produced and executed. 

Honestly I feel like the game plan was fine. Try to establish the run. Sadly our offensive line was beat up and played terrible. And I have no words for how awful Nix accuracy is. Coaches are responsible for recruiting and developing talent so that's where the issue is. 

We have this discussion every year and then he doesn't get fired. Last 2 years it was because the buyout was too much. Plus we have fans who keep making excuses for him. This is going to be our team every year as long as he's at the helm, we desperately need a culture change. 

Just now, drewzums343 said:

This game felt like the 2012 beat down in the town  after which gene chizik got fired. Gus has outlasted chizik 

More like Tubs last game . 

19 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Although he should be fired, I can think of about 25 million reasons why he won’t...

The fact that it would actually take $25 million to buyout has me baffled...

Should he be fired... I don’t know.. if we can get better yes; however the need for it to cost $25 mil should have a few more people fired too...

Just to put things in perspective at the end of this we will finish behind schools like Liberty, coastal Carolina and many others in the final polls. Remember these records will show that fir all of future generations at Auburn to see. Just let that sink into your head and then decide whether Gus should be allowed back next year.

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Honestly I feel like the game plan was fine. Try to establish the run. Sadly our offensive line was beat up and played terrible. And I have no words for how awful Nix accuracy is. Coaches are responsible for recruiting and developing talent so that's where the issue is. 

The thing is that’s the problem. Alabama was not going to allow us to establish the run and this should’ve been known. We didn’t have the horses to do so and we know ole miss can’t run yet they were able to move the ball. Sometimes you just can’t always try to fit a peg in a square  hole 

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well we are great at other sports too  but my point is bigger than athletics.  Saying our school is a loser institution because of the results on the football field is ridiculous.  What about the school itself?  Do you only care about Auburn for the sports?  It’s just not a smart statement to make. 

People that post that kind of stuff only care about Auburn football. No concern whatsoever for the school itself. 

Nope. Came in expecting to lose. You can see it in their jolly expressions during the handshakes.

8 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Unfortunately Gustavo is not going anywhere this year. I am afraid we have at least one more season of watching him "coach". 😡

who says we're not getting a bargain?:gofig:

38 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I am not sure why anyone is surprised. We have not been a good team all year. The LSU game was good but let’s admit that LSUs defense is trash. Alabama is well coached at every single position and we are not. The difference between us and Alabama? Coaching plain and simple.. hopefully someone with the money will end this nightmare soon. 

Well they have 2-3 ex head coaches for every position.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The thing is that’s the problem. Alabama was not going to allow us to establish the run and this should’ve been known. We didn’t have the horses to do so and we know ole miss can’t run yet they were able to move the ball. Sometimes you just can’t always try to fit a peg in a square  hole 

So like Gus. All

Gus ever has is a square peg. If somebody brings a a round hole then Gus is just sh*t out of luck. All he can do his hammer blindly and hope. 

5 minutes ago, Bathel said:

The fact that it would actually take $25 million to buyout has me baffled...

Should he be fired... I don’t know.. if we can get better yes; however the need for it to cost $25 mil should have a few more people fired too...

No argument there!

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Nope. Came in expecting to lose. You can see it in their jolly expressions during the handshakes.

Of course they didn’t expect to win. The program has a loser mentality. It will not improve. 

Next week will be an ass kicking too

16 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Truthfully AU shouldn’t go to any bowl this year. Fans won’t be able to go, team and coaches really haven’t earned one. So got safety’s sake we should just play next week and call 2020 a wrap and start worrying about finding a real coach to start next year with.

Bowl game???

will there be any?

This day and age, you don't need a defense to win games. It would have been a close game if we could have just scored. We have no vertical passing game, this has been an issue with Gus coached teams. Need a coach with a 2020 offense 

Archived