If Gus isn’t fired tomorrow, AU is a loser institution

Swamp Eagle

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

And the alternative is to continue bleeding money in the future while your program gets buried even deeper. 

I agree, but my point is that those paying the buyout are calling the shots. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would describe Nix as a sandlot QB . He has a lot of athletic ability but no sense of control . He actually like to throw of balance . Watching him when he sets his feet I think his accuracy actually decrease. Now put that together with a sandlot HC and and now a Sandlot OC then everything will come into perspective if where our team is now.  I had no doubt about Bama’s offense being able to score, but Bama’s defense has given up plenty to teams like OM.simply put our offense sucks and has most all Year. 

32 minutes ago, gctiger said:

That’s not the issue. The issue is lack of revenue!  

Just wait until things get back to normal and no one comes to the games. That’s revenue..

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

I’m not going to defend Gus.  His record is what it is but I’ll never advocate for Mullen.  He is the worst of the worst as far as who I’d want as a role model.

Thank you for posting this now. Someone on another thread said we should go after Kiffin. I said Kiffin wouldn’t work here because a substantial number of Auburn people care what the head coach looks like and acts like. Another poster didn’t believe me. But this is our fanbase. We care about the morality and image of our coach. If people don’t like it, they should take a trip across the state. 

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Andrew I am actually not upset tbh. I legit expected this which is the issue. Interested in hearing your response though 

Response to the game, or your response to me?

And I wasn’t saying you in particular were upset.  Just maybe lighten the mood for someone who is.  His thumbnail is kind of funny when you look at it up close.  

Just now, gctiger said:

I agree, but my point is that this paying the buyout are calling the shots. 

Money people always call the shots.. BUT the AD can fire him.. right now if he wanted.. 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I would describe Nix as a sandlot QB . He has a lot of athletic ability but no sense of control . He actually like to throw of balance . Watching him when he sets his feet I think his accuracy actually decrease. Now put that together with a sandlot HC and and now a Sandlot OC then everything will come into perspective if where our team is now.  I had no doubt about Bama’s offense being able to score, but Bama’s defense has given up plenty to teams like OM.simply put our offense sucks and has most all Year. 

I sure will be glad when he quits pretending like he’s Cam in the back yard..

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Response to the game, or your response to me?

And I wasn’t saying you in particular were upset.  Just maybe lighten the mood for someone who is.  His thumbnail is kind of funny when you look at it up close.  

The game itself!

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The argument I see is people are afraid of getting a worse coach. Y'all know that Bama didn't jump straight from Bear to Saban right??? 

Would you say Bama's bad years were worth the Saban years or should they have stayed 8-5 and been happy with consistently being "okay"?

People really shouldn't be afraid of that after 8 years of gus....

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m not going to defend Gus.  His record is what it is but I’ll never advocate for Mullen.  He is the worst of the worst as far as who I’d want as a role model.

Pretty dang good coach though it seems!

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Don't bother. People who defend Gus only want to replace him with a coach who has never lost. 

There are still people around here who will say they are glad we didn't hire Dan Mullen as he is working on sealing up a playoff spot

I HATE Dan Mullen and I would’ve been ecstatic if they got him a couple years ago. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That's our problem we keep looking for role models instead of cold blooded killers to run our program. Our rivals all have them leading their programs. We have the guy who hosts Blues Clues. It's why we keep getting our teeth kicked in on the trail and on the field by our peers

Yep. You can have a mean SOB running your program and can still develop young men. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That's our problem we keep looking for role models instead of cold blooded killers to run our program. Our rivals all have them leading their programs. We have the guy who hosts Blues Clues. It's why we keep getting our teeth kicked in on the trail and on the field by our peers

Dan Mullen is a scum bag who whined and cried because he got out bid for Cam.  He instigated a fight a couple weeks ago.  Dan Mullen is a complete scum bag.  Saban and Kirby are Saints compared to that guy.

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Money people always call the shots.. BUT the AD can fire him.. right now if he wanted.. 

And then the AD can be ousted because the boosters threaten to withhold funds from the university. Auburn has always had activist boosters. It’s one of the things that limits our coaching search pool when we do replace a coach. Whoever comes here (AD or Football coach) has to be willing to bend to the will of those boosters. 

Gus doesn’t even take a shot to the end zone to cover....that once was a fireable offense

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The argument I see is people are afraid of getting a worse coach. Y'all know that Bama didn't jump straight from Bear to Saban right??? 

Would you say Bama's bad years were worth the Saban years or should they have stayed 8-5 and been happy with consistently being "okay"?

Yes the big thing is if they have one fluke season don’t sign a lifetime contract for more than pro coaches make. Say when you can repeat that finish for a couple of years I. A row we might talk money. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It is funny when Auburn people say this but I always go back to what one of our greatest said in the past:

” I am not a role model.” Didn’t seem to stop people from wanting him very much as a player or from parents supporting him. 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes the big thing is if they have one fluke season don’t sign a lifetime contract for more than pro coaches make. Say when you can repeat that finish for a couple of years I. A row we might talk money. 

Heck Bama fired a 10 win coach because they wants to win every year not just 10

games they wanted to be playing for titles every year. Shoot for the moon. 

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

And then the AD can be ousted because the boosters threaten to withhold funds from the university. Auburn has always had activist boosters. It’s one of the things that limits our coaching search pool when we do replace a coach. Whoever comes here (AD or Football coach) has to be willing to bend to the will of those boosters. 

And you have just exposed why Auburn will never be a top 5 program. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is funny when Auburn people say this but I always go back to what one of our greatest said in the past:

” I am not a role model.” Didn’t seem to stop people from wanting him very much as a player or from parents supporting him. 

IDK what it is or when it happened but so much of our fan base would rather lose with a good man than win with a guy who is rough around the edges. 

Which is hilarious to me because our best coach ever PFD was far from a saint. 

3 minutes ago, O&B said:

Gus doesn’t even take a shot to the end zone to cover....that once was a fireable offense

I seriously doubt Gus knows what that means.  

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yea tubby was no role model. He lied every year. Went duck hunting instead of recruiting. Gene created the biggest destruction of a program in 2012 I have ever witnessed and Gus has been a complete failure to coach these players up. Not sure where anyone got AU as having a model coach lately. 

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Thank you for posting this now. Someone on another thread said we should go after Kiffin. I said Kiffin wouldn’t work here because a substantial number of Auburn people care what the head coach looks like and acts like. Another poster didn’t believe me. But this is our fanbase. We care about the morality and image of our coach. If people don’t like it, they should take a trip across the state. 

The funny thing about how some Auburn fans some care about image over quality is that outside of the AU fan base the nation sees Auburn as a cesspool of cheating and bad conduct anyway. The Alabama and national media always portray Auburn as the bad guy. 

Lets be honest some fans really need that LBS excuse about how Auburn develops gentlemen and Bama is just a football factory. 

Better get Steve Sarkisian before a Michigan or even South Carolina does. He’s going to get hired. The only thing that was stopping that guy was his drinking problem and he seems to have put it behind him. If he can get half the production with Auburn, we will be better than we are now Bo may actually develop into an NFL talent.

1 minute ago, AUBourne said:

the nation sees Auburn as a cesspool of cheating and bad conduct anyway

This is absolutely true especially after Gene Chizik and the Cam saga.

Archived