Post game thread

Randman5000

We should have scored more points but I think Bama could have also.  Bama is elite  and in a class by themselves.  I don't see anyone coming close to playing tit for tat with Bama except OSU. Clemson is great, but OSU and Bama are on a whole nother level!! It is what it is ... War Eagle and as always IGTBAAT!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coaching has been crap that is obvious.  But players also have to make plays.  Seth has to catch that ball when he’s wide open for a TD and it hits him right in the hands.  Smoke has to stay on Smith rather than biting on the fake and leaving him wide open.  Even if you have to tackle him and draw an interference penalty you can’t just stand flat footed and let the guy go streaking by you. Missed blocks, missed tackles, bad throws, dropped passes yes it’s poor coaching but it’s also poor execution.  

From Sallee's article on CBS. Quite accurate.

"It's impossible for this team to make adjustments in games when it can't win on first down. If Auburn can get to second-and-5, then its offense is on schedule and has a chance to consistently move the chains. When it doesn't win on first down -- which is what happened on Saturday -- it isn't equipped to be competitive. The offensive line doesn't pass block all that well, Williams is the only weapon outside and Nix gets rattled way too easily. "

14 hours ago, chizhead said:

I have a great idea! Lets hire another high school coach from Arkansas to add to the staff!

This . Gus is killing this university on every level from player development to recruiting . Gus has a place , but it’s not at AU

Disappointing loss, not because it was unexpected, but because we were not competitive. Just wanted to see signs of improvement. It was obvious after the TN game the defense had regressed, but when Bo plays that poorly, the OL can’t block, and we drop wide open TD passes, we look like an 8th grade team going against a varsity HS team. If it was one thing maybe we could hope for signs of life, but I don’t know how they can fix all of these issues. Recruiting is the best way and we are in trouble in that area. 
war eagle anyway 

Not only is Gus killing the university and the football program I heard he’s clubbing baby seals, tripping old ladies, stealing kids candy, and leaving chewed up dibble bubble all over the sidewalks!  

Bama sure looked bigger and stronger than I’ve ever seen.  Wonder if their.  new approach to strength training has made a difference.  

Will add, their tackling was outstanding - either a compliment to them or a reflection on us.    

Had the extended family together in Bham for football Saturday.  No one went to watch the game when it started.  Everyone just stayed in the kitchen talking and snacking.  That is the current state of Auburn football.  The last time I watched this little of an Iron Bowl, I was on deployments in the early 80's and couldn't.  

I think most of our offense would struggle to start at Vandy and USCe.

2 hours ago, woodford said:

How?

Bo will continue to progress. We will have the top back in the SEC with depth behind him. Our currently above average when healthy offensive line will mostly be back and better as they will have more experience playing together. We will be dramatically better at TE. Hudson and Capers look good and will be better next season. Defensively we have an exciting and talented group of very young defensive linemen who will also be better next season. At LBer we will also be better than we have been most of this year. We will see what happens in the secondary as it depends on who comes back, but we have solid talent there as well That is how. 

11 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Bo will continue to progress. We will have the top back in the SEC with depth behind him. Our currently above average when healthy offensive line will mostly be back and better as they will have more experience playing together. We will be dramatically better at TE. Hudson and Capers look good and will be better next season. Defensively we have an exciting and talented group of very young defensive linemen who will also be better next season. At LBer we will also be better than we have been most of this year. We will see what happens in the secondary as it depends on who comes back, but we have solid talent there as well That is how. 

Too bad most of that probably doesn't happen

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

Had the extended family together in Bham for football Saturday.  No one went to watch the game when it started.  Everyone just stayed in the kitchen talking and snacking.  That is the current state of Auburn football.  The last time I watched this little of an Iron Bowl, I was on deployments in the early 80's and couldn't.  

I think most of our offense would struggle to start at Vandy and USCe.

This is the first Iron Bowl I haven’t watched in probably 40 years. My wife and I took our children on a mini-vacation over the weekend and just enjoyed being together. This is the most apathy I’ve ever had towards Auburn football and I hate it.

APATHY.

Look at this.  A post Iron Bowl thread that is only two pages.

This is what should concern the PTB.  I watched the first quarter of the Iron Bowl and found something better to do.  Most AU football I have watched this year.  

I mostly feel sorry for the players, particularly on Offense.   

Still love me some AU.   Hard to watch these players struggle.

7 hours ago, woodford said:

From Sallee's article on CBS. Quite accurate.

"It's impossible for this team to make adjustments in games when it can't win on first down. If Auburn can get to second-and-5, then its offense is on schedule and has a chance to consistently move the chains. When it doesn't win on first down -- which is what happened on Saturday -- it isn't equipped to be competitive. The offensive line doesn't pass block all that well, Williams is the only weapon outside and Nix gets rattled way too easily. "

Williams isn't the only weapon on the outside but I agree with the premise. 

21 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

What parts do you disagree with and why? 

You say Bo will continue to progress but he hasn't progressed to continue. He needs help and I'm not sure if we have the people that can help him. The dramatically improve at tight end is something you hear every year but never see. Then with the QB struggles on top of that.....idk but I wouldn't bet on it for sure. Hudson and capers haven't been bad but they haven't looked like super super stars. It certainly isn't impossible but there's no evidence to them being better than the guys we have now. 

I don't see how we'll be better at linebacker with Britt not there but if the d line gets bigger I can see better production. And I don't know what we are going to do at safety

receivers.JPG

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You say Bo will continue to progress but he hasn't progressed to continue. He needs help and I'm not sure if we have the people that can help him. The dramatically improve at tight end is something you hear every year but never see. Then with the QB struggles on top of that.....idk but I wouldn't bet on it for sure. Hudson and capers haven't been bad but they haven't looked like super super stars. It certainly isn't impossible but there's no evidence to them being better than the guys we have now. 

I don't see how we'll be better at linebacker with Britt not there but if the d line gets bigger I can see better production. And I don't know what we are going to do at safety

Huge fall off at WR next year when Schwarts, Stove, and Williams leave.  Who is Nix' bail-out guy?

41 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

receivers.JPG

Huge fall off at WR next year when Schwarts, Stove, and Williams leave.  Who is Nix' bail-out guy?

That's what I was telling him. My best guess would be capers but who knows how things will go?

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

receivers.JPG

Yeah,and Jackson has been here 3 years, is now a starter and only has 3 catches?? Any opponent would know he's not getting thrown the ball.... He's not a threat. Kobe has just as many catches. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

He needs help and I'm not sure if we have the people that can help him.

Bo will continue to regress unless a change is made. He was much more prepared, fundamentally, in high school under his daddy than he is at AU under tweedledee and tweedledum

34 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah,and Jackson has been here 3 years, is now a starter and only has 3 catches?? Any opponent would know he's not getting thrown the ball.... He's not a threat. Kobe has just as many catches. 🤦‍♂️

Those are his stats for this year.  He gets about 2 targets a game when healthy and they're usually at big moments of the game when the OC must feel like the defense has forgotten about him.  He drops about half of those.  Gus and Chad seem to want one starting WR that just blocks all game and then has to be ready for 1 or 2 throws on 3rd and 11 with an important drive on the line.

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Those are his stats for this year.  He gets about 2 targets a game when healthy and they're usually at big moments of the game when the OC must feel like the defense has forgotten about him.  He drops about half of those.  Gus and Chad seem to want one starting WR that just blocks all game and then has to be ready for 1 or 2 throws on 3rd and 11 with an important drive on the line.

Good to know. I was about to say... "Wait we saw his third career catch this past Saturday?" Yeah i would think we would prefer someone who can do both so that you keep a defense off balance, not just to catch them sleeping.

It works for other spread teams and definitely works against us at times. 

Archived