Post game thread

Randman5000

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2020 at 3:19 PM, cole256 said:

You say Bo will continue to progress but he hasn't progressed to continue. He needs help and I'm not sure if we have the people that can help him. The dramatically improve at tight end is something you hear every year but never see. Then with the QB struggles on top of that.....idk but I wouldn't bet on it for sure. Hudson and capers haven't been bad but they haven't looked like super super stars. It certainly isn't impossible but there's no evidence to them being better than the guys we have now. 

I don't see how we'll be better at linebacker with Britt not there but if the d line gets bigger I can see better production. And I don't know what we are going to do at safety

Bo has indeed progressed.  His numbers are better this year than last despite playing an SEC only schedule. Our TE numbers are also better this year than last and will continue to improve as we have added talent to that position. I didn't say we would be better at receiver.  Why are you counting Britt this year, as he hasn't played much?  We have both who played all games back and Wooten is back next season and we also have some young LBers who will be more experienced.  No doubt our LBing will be better next season that it has been this season. Tank will be better next season as well as will MAR.  I agree we will have to see who returns at safety and who doesn't, but I like what I see out of Tennison. 

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Bo has indeed progressed.  His numbers are better this year than last despite playing an SEC only schedule. Our TE numbers are also better this year than last and will continue to improve as we have added talent to that position. I didn't say we would be better at receiver.  Why are you counting Britt this year, as he hasn't played much?  We have both who played all games back and Wooten is back next season and we also have some young LBers who will be more experienced.  No doubt our LBing will be better next season that it has been this season. Tank will be better next season as well as will MAR.  I agree we will have to see who returns at safety and who doesn't, but I like what I see out of Tennison. 

If you think Bo has gotten better then there's no debate you'll just feel the way you feel

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Bo has indeed progressed.  

I'm not convinced that he's progressed by any measurable amount.  He has gotten a bit better staying in the pocket but his mechanics, processing, accuracy, awareness, reading defenses, and demeanor (at times) need work.  

We all say Bo needs better coaching, but his father has taught him and coached him.  And Chad was touted as being a great QB coach has had time with him.  Is Bo a coachable QB?  Does he accept criticism, is he willing to take criticism and work on his deficiencies and focus on making better decisions? IDK

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

If you think Bo has gotten better then there's no debate you'll just feel the way you feel

I take emotions out of it unlike others. His numbers suggest he has progressed and I suspect his numbers will show even more progression next season. I’ll take the data over emotions. 

55 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I take emotions out of it unlike others. His numbers suggest he has progressed and I suspect his numbers will show even more progression next season. I’ll take the data over emotions. 

It's not that if you don't say everything is great you're emotional it's you can put an eye and watch....he hasn't played well against a good team this year. Actually I'm interested to see the numbers

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Based on the numbers he has gotten slightly better but still porous in terms of play against top tier teams. 

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Based on the numbers he has gotten slightly better but still porous in terms of play against top tier teams. 

And he still hasn't solved his road game problems. Bo has some issue with either immaturity or having noooooo chill. Technically one could be because of the other. But it's clear he gets in these games and gets so frazzled and forces things and just does not look in any way in control. Amazing considering the big moments his Dad played in. 

I post this every so often so people can see......the best I seen Bo play was his first game and it was in Texas. He wasn't scared, didn't matter to him where he was. He was fearless

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I post this every so often so people can see......the best I seen Bo play was his first game and it was in Texas. He wasn't scared, didn't matter to him where he was. He was fearless

He was young and hadn't been infected with Gus' fear plagued coaching

13 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

YOU take emotions out of the equation, but Bo doesn't.  He looks frazzled, nervous, and sometimes pissed off mad in games or on the sideline with his teammates & coaches.  

I question whether his emotions present an obstacle that may be standing in the way of him accepting training and development from Chad.  

Archived