Jump to content
Null

I am on my soapbox again


Recommended Posts

so feel free to ignore this post.  But I noticed against Bama we did the exact same thing we did against SC.  We we running 10 and 15 yard pass routes with the blitz coming and boom.  I thought Chad had learned his lesson against SC because against ole miss, the ball was leaving Bo hands quickly.  Oh well, what is the definition of lunacy.   To control a blitz is to pass to an rb that ran into the area vacated by the blitz.  In addition, our line does not know how to pick up blitzes.  Clemson is really good at implementing blitz control packages. I guess Chad was sick on the day the Clemson coaches were discussing blitz control packages.

Last night during the A&M game, the announcers were talking about what Kevin Steele had to say about Fisher.  Steele said bad coaches review film on Sunday and say I know what you are doing. I will implement the changes on Saturday.   The mediocre coach will go in at halftime and say I know what you are doing.  I will implement changes for the 2nd half.  But he said fisher says after the first drive I know what you are doing and will make changes.  Our two bozos are still trying to figure out what the opposing coach is trying to do.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites




7 minutes ago, Carnell said:

so feel free to ignore this post.  But I noticed against Bama we did the exact same thing we did against SC.  We we running 10 and 15 yard pass routes with the blitz coming and boom.  I thought Chad had learned his lesson against SC because against ole miss, the ball was leaving Bo hands quickly.  Oh well, what is the definition of lunacy.   To control a blitz is to pass to an rb that ran into the area vacated by the blitz.  In addition, our line does not know how to pick up blitzes.  Clemson is really good at implementing blitz control packages. I guess Chad was sick on the day the Clemson coaches were discussing blitz control packages.

Last night during the A&M game, the announcers were talking about what Kevin Steele had to say about Fisher.  Steele said bad coaches review film on Sunday and say I know what you are doing. I will implement the changes on Saturday.   The mediocre coach will go in at halftime and say I know what you are doing.  I will implement changes for the 2nd half.  But he said fisher says after the first drive I know what you are doing and will make changes.  Our two bozos are still trying to figure out what the opposing coach is trying to do.

The premise of this makes a lot of sense, but the example..

I watched the game last night and you can chalk it up to rust or the rain, but it did not seem like Fisher was doing that much at all. If LSU had even remotely okay QB play, the Aggies would've been in a world of hurt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

The premise of this makes a lot of sense, but the example..

I watched the game last night and you can chalk it up to rust or the rain, but it did not seem like Fisher was doing that much at all. If LSU had even remotely okay QB play, the Aggies would've been in a world of hurt. 

I really wasn't using Fisher as an example but using what Steele said mainly about bad and good coaching as prelude to the joke about our coaches.  But I am like you I did not see much coaching from Fisher either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the thing that bothers me the most about this staff (minus the roster management and beta play calling / game planning, is unless you are a Freshman RB who fumbles under Gus, there is no accountability. I don't recall the last time I saw a player get benched for poor play.

I always believed even if the player sitting is no where near the caliber of the guy on the field...it can still do a world of good for BOTH players and the team to jerk him out of the game and put somebody else in. Just to let the team know that if you do not do your job, I will find somebody who can. Every position across the field. I see other coaches do it. Gus...not so much. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry but steele has as much blame for losing as gus. hell too often we looked like we forgot how to tackle again. we missed tackles in bama's backfield when we had the right defensive play called and too often our secondary looked lost. i think bama's first tg was just handed to them because of a badly blow assignment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry but steele has as much blame for losing as gus. hell too often we looked like we forgot how to tackle again. we missed tackles in bama's backfield when we had the right defensive play called and too often our secondary looked lost. i think bama's first tg was just handed to them because of a badly blow assignment?

I agree the defense looked pretty sorry, but the key to winning is two part 1 having a game plan and 2 executing the plan.  Steele i thought had a pretty good game plan of playing zone and keeping plays in front while strategically blitzes alabama. However, execution was the problem for the Auburn defense especially from the secondary with busted coverages and poor angles to the ball.  In addition, we timed the blitzes correctly but we couldn't even cover the receivers for a second to sack the QB.  The deal is with execution problems they are correctable unless Auburn just doesn't have the talent.  

In regards to those two bozos we have on offense i would like to say that their offensive game plan was poor but that would be incorrect, their game plan was non existent.  In addition to my post above another example is that we never tried to get our backs outside the tackle box with screens and quick pitches.  This is not correctable unless we change coaches.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry but steele has as much blame for losing as gus. hell too often we looked like we forgot how to tackle again. we missed tackles in bama's backfield when we had the right defensive play called and too often our secondary looked lost. i think bama's first tg was just handed to them because of a badly blow assignment?

I wouldn't be surprised if Steele is checking out at this point. His assistants, too. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry but steele has as much blame for losing as gus. hell too often we looked like we forgot how to tackle again. we missed tackles in bama's backfield when we had the right defensive play called and too often our secondary looked lost. i think bama's first tg was just handed to them because of a badly blow assignment?

You are reasonable to think that Steele & Malzhan/Morris should all share the blame for that poor performance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Steele is checking out at this point. His assistants, too. 

He knows what is coming. I hope he got that pension though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...