Men vs UCF

gravejd

We got the Golden Knights tonight at 7 EST. Its an away game and they are favored by a couple points. I'm guessing Coop is still not available (burn in hell NCAA) so we'll have to continue with Turbo and Powell as the main PGs. I've only managed to watch the first half of the St Joe's game so i'm behind on how we've looked so far. From what little i have seen it looked like those 2 did an ok job filling in and Flanigan also looked pretty poised handling the ball. 

Anyone got info on what UCF brings to the table this season? Their first game was cancelled so we'll be their 2020 opener. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for UCF not much is expected by them they are picked between 8th and 9th in the AAC. They are mostly young with a number of tranfers I believe. UCF finished 16-11 last year with Johnny Dawkins as their coach. Bout the best I can do................at least Tacko is gone

CONSENSUS MEDCALF BORZELLO GASAWAY LUNARDI
  sn_espnlogo_35.jpg medcalf_myron_35.jpg borzello_jeff_35.jpg gasaway_john_35.jpg lunardi_joe_35.jpg
1. 248.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Houston
248.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Houston
Houston
Houston
Houston
2. 235.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Memphis
235.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Memphis
Memphis
2132.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Cincinnati
Memphis
3. 2132.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Cincinnati
2567.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
SMU
SMU
Memphis
Cincinnati
4. 2567.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
SMU
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
SMU
SMU
5. 2724.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Wichita St
2724.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Wichita St
Wichita St
Wichita St
Wichita St
6. 202.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Tulsa
202.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Tulsa
Tulsa
58.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
USF
Tulsa
7. 58.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
USF
USF
USF
Tulsa
USF
8. 151.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
ECU (tie)
151.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
ECU
2116.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
UCF
ECU
UCF
9. 2116.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
UCF (tie)
UCF
ECU
UCF
ECU
10. 218.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Temple
218.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Temple
Temple
Temple
Temple
11. 2655.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Tulane
2655.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true
Tulane
Tulane
Tulane

• ellitor changed the title to Men vs UCF

Is the game only on ESPN + pay site?

CJ Walker a 5 star recruit in high school recently got clearance by the NCAA. He played last year as a true freshman at Oregon. 6'8" Forward.

I don't know anything about UCF but based on us and the type of talent level UCF I'm assuming to have I think this will be a hard fought game like the St Joes matchup. I think even when we out-talent our opponents the lack of a real PG is going to be a major equalizer and teams that we are evenly matched up with talent-wise will be an uphill battle for us. And I'm not knocking JP or Turbo but they're just not point guards.

Imagine a PG setting Powell up for open looks and him using his playmaking/ball handling ability in a secondary role once the defense has is forced to move and help, or allowing Turbo to work off where he can get the ball in favorable situations instead of forcing these inexperienced, out of position, guys to run the whole show. 

This team is a PG away right now from being a nightmare to play against in the next 2 seasons. Even this year with all the youth our size and length is something that will really bother some teams

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I don't know anything about UCF but based on us and the type of talent level UCF I'm assuming to have I think this will be a hard fought game like the St Joes matchup. I think even when we out-talent our opponents the lack of a real PG is going to be a major equalizer and teams that we are evenly matched up with talent-wise will be an uphill battle for us. And I'm not knocking JP or Turbo but they're just not point guards.

Imagine a PG setting Powell up for open looks and him using his playmaking/ball handling ability in a secondary role once the defense has is forced to move and help, or allowing Turbo to work off where he can get the ball in favorable situations instead of forcing these inexperienced, out of position, guys to run the whole show. 

This team is a PG away right now from being a nightmare to play against in the next 2 seasons. Even this year with all the youth our size and length is something that will really bother some teams

Powell looks great off the ball, we need to find ways to get him looks until we can move him permanently to the two. (He will always be a great option as a secondary ball handler, a la Samir last season.) 

Right now, we don’t have an SEC-starter caliber PG on the active roster. If Sharife leaves, an immediately eligible transfer at PG to pair with the rest of our ‘21 talent becomes possibly the biggest recruiting priority of the Pearl era. 

46 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Powell looks great off the ball, we need to find ways to get him looks until we can move him permanently to the two. (He will always be a great option as a secondary ball handler, a la Samir last season.) 

Right now, we don’t have an SEC-starter caliber PG on the active roster. If Sharife leaves, an immediately eligible transfer at PG to pair with the rest of our ‘21 talent becomes possibly the biggest recruiting priority of the Pearl era. 

I'm with you 100%

Early in the game and it's 5-4 UCF. Stretch comes in and gets us some offense. Williams with 2 fouls already so we'll have to play the first half mostly without him.

Auburn in the bonus at the 12:19 minute mark. Our three point shooting and ball handling has been crap. 13-9 UCF and they're shooting the and-one

Edit: Holy crap we have to stop shooting these 3's. It's god awful. 0-10 and we've had about 5 airballs.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Auburn in the bonus at the 12:19 minute mark. Our three point shooting and ball handling has been crap. 13-9 UCF and they're shooting the and-one

I’m typing too slow!

If we will just play “ok” we will win.  
this season will be a massive amount of pressure on Powell and turbo.  Full court every game ... sigh ...

please b-ball gods ... let us have cooper ...

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

If we run an gun this game, we will out athlete them.  If we actually play well it’ll be no contest 

already shooting bonus

We need to be feeding Thor and Stretch almost every possession. Instead we're jacking up 3's and can't even hit rim.

I can’t believe we’re waiting on the NCAA to declare Cooper eligible. So stupid. 

Archived