Men vs UCF

gravejd

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Even if Sharife actually worked out, we needed a true back up PG for 2 years

Has this season already ended? Geeze dude, we’re not even through our third game. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigSammyK said:

Has this season already ended? Geeze dude, we’re not even through our third game. 

....it could be the last game of the season and that wouldn’t be false 

we’re not going to grow a back up PG during the fourth, fifth or 25th game 

Just now, BigSammyK said:

He's right, though. Even with Coop we don't have another true PG on the team.

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah it’s pearls fault more than anything (that sentence might not make many happy), but this team needed an assured pass first point guard instead of continuing to swing for the fences. I know I’m saying that in hindsight, but we had a good idea that Jalen was considering overseas, and I don’t think we were ever truly favorites for Greg. Needed a facilitator even more than Cardwell imo. 

Not to mention we’ve missed on all of our major SG targets (until Trey Alexander).

1 minute ago, Dunndone414 said:

Not to mention we’ve missed on all of our major SG targets (until Trey Alexander).

That also sucks, but I think Tyrell and Powell would be above avg 2 guards if they didn’t have to worry about passing at all. I think Bryce would be pretty meh if he had to look to pass instead of just shoot from anywhere. Doughty seemed more natural when he could just score. 

Flan gets his first points at the end of the game. 61-55 UCF

Edit: Both FTs good for UCF. Game over 63-55. Rough game but we all knew this year was gonna be rough while the young players get their first game experience.

Choosing this season for our post season ban makes a lot of sense 

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

He's right, though. Even with Coop we don't have another true PG on the team.

It’s not me being right, it’s just knowing our roster and not being deluded about what some guys can do and what some can’t. CBP had the same idea to have Tyrell be a back up PG last year. When that failed, we staggered Samir’s minutes out of necessity, and that was only marginally not good. 

now we’re in the same spot with a freshman instead of a senior at the SG. Just bc Pearl is amazing doesn’t mean he can’t be wrong or he cant miss lol 

The stat website not only reported turnovers, but labeled it BADPASS several times. Geeze. Must haven been more painful to watch than to read. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s not me being right, it’s just knowing our roster and not being deluded about what some guys can do and what some can’t. CBP had the same idea to have Tyrell be a back up PG last year. When that failed, we staggered Samir’s minutes out of necessity, and that was only marginally not good. 

now we’re in the same spot with a freshman instead of a senior at the SG. Just bc Pearl is amazing doesn’t mean he can’t be wrong or he cant miss lol 

I agree with you 100%. Glad we have the postseason ban this year instead of next year  🤞

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I agree with you 100%. Glad we have the postseason ban this year instead of next year  🤞

I like Trey a lot, he seems to me to be score first, but I think with having Powell run through this gauntlet of mistakes and learning from them accordingly, I think we can afford to have that. This is going to sound rough, but I don’t think Tyrell will be here next year if BP believes that finding another facilitator is paramount. Either him or Franklin, who doesn’t seem to do anything. So our only noticeable hole (potentially), could be plugged up. 

btw, I’m of the believe that all the NCAA is doing is trying to punish Sharife for his father having an in on some of SC’s homies. I think their litigation will win in the end. I could be wrong but that’s how I’m looking at it rn 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I like Trey a lot, he seems to me to be score first, but I think with having Powell run through this gauntlet of mistakes and learning from them accordingly, I think we can afford to have that. This is going to sound rough, but I don’t think Tyrell will be here next year if BP believes that finding another facilitator is paramount. Either him or Franklin, who doesn’t seem to do anything. So our only noticeable hole (potentially), could be plugged up. 

btw, I’m of the believe that all the NCAA is doing is trying to punish Sharife for his father having an in on some of SC’s homies. I think their litigation will win in the end. I could be wrong but that’s how I’m looking at it rn 

I learned the hard way from being so hard on Bryce early in his career, shooters are gonna have bad stretches/games, Powell will come out of it, like Bryce before him. I think Powell will definitely be an asset to us in years to come. But also #FreeSharife

22 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Game is pretty much over. 57-49 UCF with less than 60 seconds.

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Bruhh BP tried. McClung said no and went to tech. It happens. Even to BP. We really miss davion mitchell. Him transferring was a huge loss. The lost recruiting class is hurting us and hitting us hard now. We still would be in a good spot if the NCAA didn't randomly in late October decide ehhhh let's **** with Bruce again after knowing Omar has been a agent since April.

Please please no more turbo at point!!! He's one of the worst pgs I've ever seen in the sec. Josh wallace was a better pg than him lol. Not more talent but def a better actual point guard. Powell should be starting over turbo. We are still a mess but anything is better than turbo at pg.

Archived