Men vs UCF

gravejd

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Please please no more turbo at point!!! He's one of the worst pgs I've ever seen in the sec. Josh wallace was a better pg than him lol. Not more talent but def a better actual point guard. Powell should be starting over turbo. We are still a mess but anything is better than turbo at pg.

Cimmeon bowers have any eligibility left?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Gotta love BP’s honesty 

Fam I will be honest with you. Good teams struggle on the road. Bad teams? Ohhhh boy we will get boat raced almost every road game I bet. We will improve as the season goes on *knock on wood* but winning true road games in basketball is the hardest games to win in sports. We struggled with that the last 3 years with 3 of our best teams ever. It won't be pretty.

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I like Trey a lot, he seems to me to be score first, but I think with having Powell run through this gauntlet of mistakes and learning from them accordingly, I think we can afford to have that. This is going to sound rough, but I don’t think Tyrell will be here next year if BP believes that finding another facilitator is paramount. Either him or Franklin, who doesn’t seem to do anything. So our only noticeable hole (potentially), could be plugged up. 

btw, I’m of the believe that all the NCAA is doing is trying to punish Sharife for his father having an in on some of SC’s homies. I think their litigation will win in the end. I could be wrong but that’s how I’m looking at it rn 

If Cooper stays, one player on the roster is already gone. If we decide we need another PG, that means two have to go. We were due for some normal attrition, and I think BP has accounted for that. 

Running out of top HS PGs that are still uncommitted, but I think an older transfer makes most sense anyway if we want to go this route. 

2 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

If Cooper stays, one player on the roster is already gone. If we decide we need another PG, that means two have to go. We were due for some normal attrition, and I think BP has accounted for that. 

Running out of top HS PGs that are still uncommitted, but I think an older transfer makes most sense anyway if we want to go this route. 

I agree on the older transfer, like a Doughty that can come in and run the point and not completely lose the floor. Doughty did it early in his career when he ran the point but he got better 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Please please no more turbo at point!!! He's one of the worst pgs I've ever seen in the sec. Josh wallace was a better pg than him lol. Not more talent but def a better actual point guard. Powell should be starting over turbo. We are still a mess but anything is better than turbo at pg.

Josh Wallace tweeted a pic of himself at the game and people were begging him to go fill in at PG

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Josh Wallace tweeted a pic of himself at the game and people were begging him to go fill in at PG

Know he wasn’t a point but man, I wish we had a dog like KT out there

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Know he wasn’t a point but man, I wish we had a dog like KT out there

KT’s first game for Auburn was in his 4th collegiate season. He didn’t get minutes as a sophomore. Our guys are young, they will get there. 

6 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

KT’s first game for Auburn was in his 4th collegiate season. He didn’t get minutes as a sophomore. Our guys are young, they will get there. 

Exactly which is why I wish we had someone on our team like that. A guy like that can help lead a young team. We don’t have that this year

Powell does a decent job as a PG not as a starting PG but as a backup. If we had Cooper Powell doesn't hurt us when Cooper has to sit.  Last year we had one true PG and a 2 Doughty who filled in at PG. Problem tonight was just bad play across the board we missed layups and tip backs it looked like we had a lot of young players on the floor.  This team will get better at some point Thor will start playing.  Also Stretch plays good D and will board but when he gets an Offensive board under basket he is looking to pass it back out to start Offense instead of going up strong and dunking or getting fouled.  Free throw shooting was horrible. I don't expect us to light the world on fire at FT Line but we will shoot better than that as year goes on.

If Coop becomes eligible after team works with him for a while we will get better quickly.  Pearl will coach them up. Turbo not being a great PG was no surprise but Cambridge being so off after a year with team was surprising he is athlete enough when 3 not going to take it to the rack but doesn't do it enough. lets give the guys a few more games before we hit panic button.

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We really miss davion mitchell. Him transferring was a huge loss.

I said this last year and got 💩on. I still think that it’s accurate, especially now

So there's still an expectation we'll bounce back next year? I generally don't care about basketball pre-conference play but it's nice to have ONE major sport we're good at.

(Bruce, of course, has already done more for our b-ball program than any other coach in our history. Name the damn court after him.)

Just now, AUwent said:

So there's still an expectation we'll bounce back next year? I generally don't care about basketball pre-conference play but it's nice to have ONE major sport we're good at.

If we can find a good PG? YES! Great 2 man recruiting class and hopefully continued improvement from our young guys.

29 minutes ago, fredst said:

I said this last year and got 💩on. I still think that it’s accurate, especially now

I am with you MR FRED!!! I was a HUGE Davion fan. I was devastated when he left. Especially after how well he did on Baylor's stud team last season.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am with you MR FRED!!! I was a HUGE Davion fan. I was devastated when he left. Especially after how well he did on Baylor's stud team last season.

His on ball defense was good enough to overlook his so-so shooting at the time. Have not had an opportunity to watch him this year yet but our team would immediately look significantly better and he would likely be the unquestioned leader. Oh well....

1 hour ago, fredst said:

@fredstWe miss him now, not as much back then.

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I learned the hard way from being so hard on Bryce early in his career, shooters are gonna have bad stretches/games, Powell will come out of it, like Bryce before him. I think Powell will definitely be an asset to us in years to come. But also #FreeSharife

nah I wasn't pooping on Powell in any way there. I don't remember all of what I posted but he's going to be at his personal best, and best for the team, when he's not going to be asked to run PG for 23+ minutes. I used the prior SGs to say they would've also been worse off if they had to do what he did. Doughty actually did for parts, and he was visibly worse off, even as a senior. 

To me, that sets aside the 1 yr and 3 games post Harper/Bryce era more than anything. Pretty similar style of play. Pretty similar defensive philosophy (obv the guys are young THIS season, but they still do some of the same things yknow). But that core featured competent to pretty solid backup PG play all 3 years. I think that's the only thing that stopped last year's team from finishing as a top 2 seed. I think we'd be comfortably 2-1 right now. 

knocking on wood, next season should at least have one PG (Im putting my faith into the Coopers' lawyer) and several fragments of solid facilitators (Powell, Trey, Jabari and JT), which should equate to 2 PGs 

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I think many people looked at it as Jvon OR Davion. Like we were competing the two. And some of us were 

including me

but on its more base level, I think people just wanted to see what this man, that would now be the only constant from the best stretch we've ever had, would grow into as the unquestioned alpha. Jvon was great, and had a few moments that I think only he could have, but I would've equally liked to see 4 years of improvement from a guy that turned out to be pretty fantastic elsewhere 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

nah I wasn't pooping on Powell in any way there. I don't remember all of what I posted but he's going to be at his personal best, and best for the team, when he's not going to be asked to run PG for 23+ minutes. I used the prior SGs to say they would've also been worse off if they had to do what he did. Doughty actually did for parts, and he was visibly worse off, even as a senior. 

To me, that sets aside the 1 yr and 3 games post Harper/Bryce era more than anything. Pretty similar style of play. Pretty similar defensive philosophy (obv the guys are young THIS season, but they still do some of the same things yknow). But that core featured competent to pretty solid backup PG play all 3 years. I think that's the only thing that stopped last year's team from finishing as a top 2 seed. I think we'd be comfortably 2-1 right now. 

knocking on wood, next season should at least have one PG (Im putting my faith into the Coopers' lawyer) and several fragments of solid facilitators (Powell, Trey, Jabari and JT), which should equate to 2 PGs 

Oh I know u weren’t, I saw it as you understanding the premise of what I later posted. Which I learned the hard way lol

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Well hells bells if your going to get crapped on make it worth it.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

To be honest guys before the last three games these guys had never played with each other. Basketball is somewhat like the OL in football. To really be good you have to know what the other guys are thinking without someone signaling you. It comes with getting used to each other. It is not unusual for a team to start poorly and improve thru the  season . In fact most coaches would rather see that than a team just winning on talent early. You want this team to improve thru out the season and peak during the SEC and playoff. We may not get there this year but with this group I just want to see improvement each week as they learn to read each other and play as a team. Remember Turbo was a star in HS, now he is going against much better talent. Hopefully he will learn to lean on his team more instead of making plays on his own all the time. 🤔

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

To be honest guys before the last three games these guys had never played with each other. Basketball is somewhat like the OL in football. To really be good you have to know what the other guys are thinking without someone signaling you. It comes with getting used to each other. It is not unusual for a team to start poorly and improve thru the  season . In fact most coaches would rather see that than a team just winning on talent early. You want this team to improve thru out the season and peak during the SEC and playoff. We may not get there this year but with this group I just want to see improvement each week as they learn to read each other and play as a team. Remember Turbo was a star in HS, now he is going against much better talent. Hopefully he will learn to lean on his team more instead of making plays on his own all the time. 🤔

It sounds like you're saying we should be patient? no way, not us. We expect a well oiled machine right from the start (tongue in cheek) Not to the serious part: I agree this team will get much better the longer they play together and we have a coach who is a master magician. These games serve the purpose of getting the young men ready for league play.

Archived