So we lose a top tier TB.

Old fan 47

16 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Listening to The Drive this afternoon and I just heard a caller lay it on the line and tell it like it is. If you listen to the podcast, its at the 90 minute mark in the show. Dude was passionate, but he brought out some points that can't be denied, and one of the most troubling was that Ole Miss, Ark, MSU and Missouri are about to pass us in relevance in the SEC. The call lasted almost 15 minutes and he made so many good points about what is happening to the football program that even a Gus lover couldn't refute what he spelled out

Just think we are going to finish the year behind Liberty, Coastal Carolina and several more none P5 teams. Don’t think it has ever been this low. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Mikey said:

Maybe he sees two freshman who are better than he is and has decided to try some place that's hurting for RB's.

Please tell which AU RB that you think is breaking the internet with his stats so far? Everyone of them have been banged up already . If I was a RB at AU at the moment I don’t think I would be afraid of anyone ahead of me on the roster. Could they all be good? Yes. Just saying I don’t see a Harris out their yet. 

4 hours ago, crimsonaudio said:

This is 100% truth. 

22 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I just don’t believe they care enough to overcome the $$$ and the optics. 

Caring is the problem.  Not money.  The funding is there.  Greene seems to simply want a check just like Gus. 

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

If you're referencing external program help, that happened a couple years ago.

What exactly do you mean by this - boosters? or AD? 

2 hours ago, chizhead said:

Listening to The Drive this afternoon and I just heard a caller lay it on the line and tell it like it is. If you listen to the podcast, its at the 90 minute mark in the show. Dude was passionate, but he brought out some points that can't be denied, and one of the most troubling was that Ole Miss, Ark, MSU and Missouri are about to pass us in relevance in the SEC. The call lasted almost 15 minutes and he made so many good points about what is happening to the football program that even a Gus lover couldn't refute what he spelled out

two of those teams can be pretty easily denied, MSU has their entire team quitting on their coach after one season, but the fact he feels like he could say that without feeling like an idiot certainly does go a long way to exemplifying the state of things 

16 hours ago, chizhead said:

I believe that was Jake Crain (J boy), was it not?

14 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

What exactly do you mean by this - boosters? or AD? 

I think he means external program supporters, helpers, boosters that operate outside the program.  They dialed back their influence and aide a couple of years ago.  Those people appear to be just a apathetic a down right disgusted as a large portion of the fan base.  It's depressing as hell and will not get better and with recruiting taking a huge hit for '21, the downward trajectory will be felt for years afterwards.

After yesterday, 4 of the top rated players in the 2018 signing class are no longer on the team.  So even though this coaching staff worked hard to bring in top 10 ranked classes, they can't retain that star talent.  

On 12/1/2020 at 3:39 PM, CleCoTiger said:

Doesn't mean he's lost. Good chance he still winds up at AU.

Wrong. Most recruits who de-commit this late commit elsewhere.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:17 AM, EastAl_Tiger said:

I believe that was Jake Crain (J boy), was it not?

J Boy's rant on his Sunday post-iron bowl podcast was epic.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Wrong. Most recruits who de-commit this late commit elsewhere.

Agreed. The writing is on the wall for all of these 2021 recruits. Lame duck coach, who will most likely be gone after next year. I mean honestly, I do not see this current team improving enough by the end of 2021 to justify another season. Then again, this is Auburn. Read where GM hopes to close the class strong. I don’t buy into the stars rating system, but I don’t see that we have tons of talent on either line currently or that is potentially going to commit. Guess we will see. Just a couple of cents on my part. 

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agreed. The writing is on the wall for all of these 2021 recruits. Lame duck coach, who will most likely be gone after next year. I mean honestly, I do not see this current team improving enough by the end of 2021 to justify another season. Then again, this is Auburn. Read where GM hopes to close the class strong. I don’t buy into the stars rating system, but I don’t see that we have tons of talent on either line currently or that is potentially going to commit. Guess we will see. Just a couple of cents on my part. 

The top 10-15 classes we've been pulling haven't translated to success on the field. Lack of development and poor roster management is the elephant in the room. 

This is probably wishful thinking on my part...... But when I think about the strange post game interview Gus had following the LSU blowout (when he seemed angry at the whole world), the loss of Matthew Hill, and now a major de-commit.... I'm wondering if Gus is thinking about leaving after this year.

I doubt the PTB would fire him for financial reasons.  But Gus may be getting tired of criticism and if he leaves now he would have a good chance of getting hired somewhere else.  If Gus waits until he gets fired, he may not get picked up by anyone.

Sigh... I know what you're thinking..... I've really got to cut back on my bourbon intake.

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

With the young talent in place already it seems likely he saw a future of no playing time. 

Hilarious

3 hours ago, countoff said:

I'm wondering if Gus is thinking about leaving after this year.

Sigh... I know what you're thinking..... I've really got to cut back on my bourbon intake.

Actually, I'd like to join you.

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hilarious

I actually chuckled. I guess I should try to see things in that light too, maybe I would have less heartburn and lower blood pressure? 

5 hours ago, countoff said:

This is probably wishful thinking on my part...... But when I think about the strange post game interview Gus had following the LSU blowout (when he seemed angry at the whole world), the loss of Matthew Hill, and now a major de-commit.... I'm wondering if Gus is thinking about leaving after this year.

I doubt the PTB would fire him for financial reasons.  But Gus may be getting tired of criticism and if he leaves now he would have a good chance of getting hired somewhere else.  If Gus waits until he gets fired, he may not get picked up by anyone.

yes, I believe you are right - "wishful thinking".

Continue taking $7 mil from Auburn and get criticized or hope to  somewhere else to start all over again where he gets a new honeymoon period?   Look, the word is out regarding how he micromanages the O to the point of being dysfunctional as an O staff.   And I have no idea how DCs feel about him as a HC, but I don't get the feeling we have bunch of assistants trying to come to Auburn and work for Gus.

He is quite comfortable at Auburn and his agent has him protected/insulated from moving.

He will be asking for a contract extension in December I imagine citing he is getting clobbered on the recruiting trail because of this.

3 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I actually chuckled. I guess I should try to see things in that light too, maybe I would have less heartburn and lower blood pressure? 

You should because it's accurate. It's in fact the most common reason people commit or decommit. The ability to play. But common sense always takes a back seat to preordained agendas on message boards

15 minutes ago, shabby said:

You should because it's accurate. It's in fact the most common reason people commit or decommit. The ability to play. But common sense always takes a back seat to preordained agendas on message boards

Nah, not in this case. Our rivals stack up 4-5 blue chip running backs at a time. Minimum of one per class, and often two. A kid that good isn't scared of a little competition. He would easily be in our rotation next year. There's clearly another reason and I'd guess it has something to do with the way AU's offense has looked this year. I don't have any agenda but I can parse out the details for you if you'd like. 

19 minutes ago, shabby said:

Nah not with this one you don't have to guess and say most common reason because there's contact with him but you're crazy if you think he watched a guy who didn't get to play the entire year run a little against the 3rd team in prevent defense that a conclusion from that would be man I don't see a chance to play there!

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah not with this one you don't have to guess and say most common reason because there's contact with him but you're crazy if you think he watched a guy who didn't get to play the entire year run a little against the 3rd team in prevent defense that a conclusion from that would be man I don't see a chance to play there!

Yup. Like I said somewhere else, he actually sees *less* competition now than when committed. MAR was supposed to be a monster but couldn't get on the field in an offense that was *check's notes* 59th in the country in rushing (and 65th in passing). Everyone knew Tank was a stud. DJ regressed. (Btw, if he was 5'7 180, the size queens would be saying that he's injury prone because he's too small to run between the tackles.) Worm certainly didn't separate himself, whether his own fault or not. 

So who exactly is this kid suddenly afraid of? Y'all are wild, man!

Didn't realize Abe Lincoln was in to log jamming kids | TigerDroppings.com

Archived