2021 5* LB Terrence Lewis (Maryland)

ellitor

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Theoretically if Auburn gets him, what would our class be ranked?

From 39 to 19.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

From 39 to 19.

That is a pretty nice jump.  It would also be nice to see some good news for Auburn after everything that has happened as of late.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

That is a pretty nice jump.  It would also be nice to see some good news for Auburn after everything that has happened as of late.

It's also our ceiling after losing Goodwin & factoring in we will take at least a couple more transfers which usually don't get ranked. There's a large gap between 17 & 19.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

8641247c-ef87-40a4-b243-59b891c5cb65_tex

NDCxDLL.gif

Hey now. I was just commenting on all the chili & hot gas starting stuff y'all eat.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It's also our ceiling after losing Goodwin & factoring in we will take at least a couple more transfers which usually don't get ranked. There's a large gap between 17 & 19.

I know Goodwin said Auburn is still in it with him.  Do you feel like we actually are if we win out?

Just now, abw0004 said:

I know Goodwin said Auburn is still in it with him.  Do you feel like we actually are if we win out?

Still don't know. Haven't heard anything since you asked a similar question last night.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Hey now. I was just commenting on all the chili & hot gas starting stuff y'all eat.

giphy (4).gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If I had to guess I doubt it. Usually if a guy decommits he’s gone. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If I had to guess I doubt it. Usually if a guy decommits he’s gone. 

I was just hoping for a NCM moment.  Pairing him with Davis as our QB would have been fun.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I was just hoping for a NCM moment.  Pairing him with Davis as our QB would have been fun.

Yeah him and Davis in the RPO would be deadly but this news ain’t too shocking. He’s been on the fence about decommiting since the summer

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keiith also picked Lewis to AU this morning.

Just what AU needs, another undersized LB. This is part of the problem that got Gus to where we are today, undersized LB's, piss poor OL recruiting and a team that plays without emotion.

• Facepalm 2

14 hours ago, keywest said:

Just what AU needs, another undersized LB. This is part of the problem that got Gus to where we are today, undersized LB's, piss poor OL recruiting and a team that plays without emotion.

When has our Lbs been a problem since T-Will has been position coach? Our D scheme isn't designed for LBs to have to deal with OL. It's designed for our DL to keep the OL off the LBs. Looks like the sky is falling crowd is looking for problems that ain't there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

When has our Lbs been a problem since T-Will has been position coach? Lools like the sky is falling crowd is looking for problems that ain't there.

Every single time AU has played an upper level SEC team with quality OL and their big RBs, AU's LB are pushed around at will! This was covered up in 2019 by a dominating DL but exposed by a mediocre 2020 DL. 

I would like a sunshine pumper to explain what's the REASON the top tier recruiting programs all (bammer, UGA, OSU & Clemson) currently have coming out of high school across the board 6'2"+ 220+ LB currently committed? Wouldn't they be much better with the 6'0" - 6'1" 200 Lb (or less wt) like AU?

It seems just like yesterday someone "crunched" the numbers and stated there was no way AU would finish with a recruiting class outside the top 30, currently ranked #40, #11 in SEC with a blistering one spot above Vandy that doesn't have a head coach and falling like a rock

@keywestSee my edited post. Our scheme isn't designed for LBs to even take on OL at all. That's the DLs job. We don't run 3 & 4 LB set schemes like Bama so we need guys that can go sideline to sideline. That is usually the smaller LBs. The bigger LBs can be better with OL but it compromises speed in a number of cases. Our LBs not being able to handle OL is not a flaw of their size. It's a flaw of the DL on the plays where the LBs have to deal with OL. You may also think the scheme is flawed & that's fine but based on the 4-2-5 set we run we are getting the right kind of LBs.

31 minutes ago, keywest said:

what's the REASON the top tier recruiting programs all (bammer, UGA, OSU & Clemson) currently have coming out of high school across the board 6'2"+ 220+ LB currently committed? Wouldn't they be much better with the 6'0" - 6'1" 200 Lb (or less wt) like AU?

Not sure about Clem & tOSU but no for Bama & UGA. They run a 3 man DL scheme most of the time with 3 & 4 LBs on the field so they expect & need their LBs to be able to handle OL.

34 minutes ago, keywest said:

It seems just like yesterday someone "crunched" the numbers and stated there was no way AU would finish with a recruiting class outside the top 30, currently ranked #40, #11 in SEC with a blistering one spot above Vandy that doesn't have a head coach and falling like a rock

Yes but we got guys expecting to commit soon that will put us squarely in the top 30 & maybe top 20. Please wait til recruits have signed to eval team rankings.

And I apologize for originally calling your LB opinion ridiculous. I was out of line.

All of the top schools have passed on this kid. He has lots and lots and lots of baggage. Huge risk. When Saban passes on a kid because of baggage, well you get the picture. That is where we are right now. 

FWIW. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes but they haven't had their yearly WTF game yet. I'm thinking it happens against us. I just hope we don't Falcon it up enough to lose it.

Their yearly WTF was beating Florida.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

All of the top schools have passed on this kid. He has lots and lots and lots of baggage. Huge risk. When Saban passes on a kid because of baggage, well you get the picture. That is where we are right now. 

FWIW. 

He’s changed schools at least three times within a year. Has that type of situation ever worked out for us?

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Their yearly WTF was beating Florida.

I mean their yearly WTF loss. Looks like it won’t matter though. With our injuries on the OL I don’t see us beating them this year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

FWIW. 

But clearly we can handle problems such as this easily...... We have a great track record of doing so, right? 😳

10 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

But clearly we can handle problems such as this easily...... We have a great track record of doing so, right? 😳

We've had real good luck with some, others not so much. I'd say Auburn as "second chance U" runs about 50-50 wins-losses.

51 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

FWIW. 

I know a little something about the area where this kid grew up. At one point last year, Opa-Locka, Florida had the highest crime rate in the nation. Now it just may be that placing him in a solid, clean environment could turn his life around and provide Auburn with a great LB. Maybe not, but I'd think it's worth a shot. We have plenty of slots available.

Pat Dye signing jailbird Otis Mounds not only gave AU a solid football player, it opened a pipeline that kept on sending great players to AU. You never know. https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/66913-mounds-and-dillard-5-giving-something-back/

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

FWIW. 

I agree that when Saban passes on a kid because of baggage you have to look out. I am not sure that is the reason Saban passed on him. Smaller speed linebackers don't fit the 3-4 defense bama runs they need big LB's that can handle OL. We use smaller LB's as in our system our LB's need to run and our D-Line needs to protect them so they can run.

I am not denying he has lots of baggage and that he would be a risk. I am just saying some of the schools that are not looking at him is because of scheme plus the baggage. with how our season has tanked and its impact on our recruiting he is a risk we probably need to take.

• Like 1