2021 5* LB Terrence Lewis (Maryland)

ellitor

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You all can wallow about it being desperate all you want. Until the kid has a negative influence on AU or the team, I am happy to have him.

Most of us are happy to give him an opportunity. We are just pointing out that this is an uncharacteristic desperate move for Gus

59 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

An increase in taking character issues, plus transfers, plus JUCOs equals a staff not doing their jobs.

As in winning at a high level to increase job security so others can't negatively recruit the job security against us or it falls on def ears then yes I agree.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@DAG What do you mean?

Usually when everyone backs off like this, it involves another gender. Again, I don't want to make accusations. I have no underlining information./ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If he commits to us and makes it to campus, we better all hope there’s some type of player leadership on the defensive side to hold him accountable. If not, he won’t last. 

I would feel much better about anger/meanness issues if the guy was an OL. That could actually be good for the team at the moment. I hate to see an obviously talented guy getting kicked to the curb. Considering I do not know the context of the "red flag" maybe this is beyond repair. Hopefully we are not talking felony issues. I can think of a couple of guys who went to some other school we all know that were not exactly saints.....worked out pretty well there.

That said - I do get it that this is not in character for Gus. Maybe that is a good thing? 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

Usually when everyone backs off like this, it involves another gender. Again, I don't want to make accusations. I have no underlining information./ 

Yea I saw some stuff on the Rant about that as well. Again...to this point..nothing but heresay from opposing fans.

30 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

we better all hope there’s some type of player leadership on the defensive side to hold him accountable

Chandler Wooten says hi. Last I saw he plans to come back.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

Miami and Florida have both passed, so he's all Auburn if Gus decides to take him.

Edited by keesler

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell I was high risk

Was???

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I work out OK.......just saying...................................

Debatable.......just saying...................................

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Chandler Wooten says hi. Last I saw he plans to come back.

Then I believe if he’s our “Deshaun Davis” type of leader like what we’ve had in past years he’s got a better chance of making it, if he can get on campus. 

I think we need more edgy recruits.  Don't get me wrong about the ones we recruit but we seem a little soft against some teams. I do not want to recruit bad people but we could use a player or two who is a little rough around the edges on the oline and dline..maybe a LB also...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I think we need more edgy recruits.  Don't get me wrong about the ones we recruit but we seem a little soft against some teams. I do not want to recruit bad people but we could use a player or two who is a little rough around the edges on the oline and dline..maybe a LB also...

100%   

Chargers release linebacker Takeo Spikes | CBC Sports   Where is our next T Spikes?  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't understand people rooting for AU to lose a game, any game.

People are rooting to lose the coach. Gus has made the games secondary

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nonsense.Do the names Cam Newton and Nick Marshall ring a bell?

Cam bought a stolen computer. Nick liked to smoke weed. Both are good kids. Zero problems like Lewis. We see your real character here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

We seem soft because of our coach. Players take on the mentality of their head coach. That is why gus can never reach and get the respect of alpha personalities like duke William's, jovon Robinson etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

He has not been with the team since the Sugar Bowl.

• Thanks 1

I think we have beaten this horse to death. We have a young man who is very talented 5* who has a lot of baggage, we need help at the position and also to make the class ranking look better. There is some debate as to exactly what the baggage is. We know he has transferred 3 times in a year and we have been told he has anger issues others have hinted there may be an issue with somebody of opposite sex but that is not confirmed. We have some people who are afraid the baggage will be to much a legitimate view point and others who think the talent and with T-Will as mentor is worth the risk also a legitimate viewpoint. 

He is available and is a take and Gus wants him so it appears we will get him and next year or sooner we will start to see who was right. There is not much more than can be discussed on this young man unless something new and proven shows up.

Sign him. Give him an ultimatum on how he is expected to conduct himself. If he doesn't comply, put him on the road.

12 hours ago, metafour said:

Gus hasn't had players keeping out of trouble because he's some "master disciplinarian" or Christ-like figure, we've had few problems because he's less likely to take those known problem players from the onset.

Nice theory. No basis in reality but it fits your personal opinion.

• Like 1