2021 5* LB Terrence Lewis (Maryland)

ellitor

I know some of y'all can't believe I'm making this thread given recent recruiting news but Keith, JBoy, & Dukes think we have a real shot here.
This comes of the back of Keith saying this morning AU expects to finish with a major bang on defense this recruiting cycle. May even be a shocker in there.
Looks like Lewis could be that shocker

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

But can he play OT?  Tennessee is one loss from losing a lot of folks.  People think Auburn’s in bad shape but they haven’t lost 5 by double digits.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 5* LB Terrence Lewis (Vols Decommit)

Trevin Wallace and now Terrence Lewis we are now trending for. Wallace is closer to a typical LB at 6'2" 220 Lewis is 6'1" 200 which seems more like a safety or another undersized Auburn LB. He is a 5* but I can see same issue I see with Pappoe when teams run right at him. Pappoe has the speed to cover backs and TE and tremendous range for going from sideline to sideline but is small when engaging with O-Linemen and big backs who are blocking him. I love Pappoe but I have seen teams like bama get to him.  I expect Pappoe to add more mass this year and adjust so that he will overcome that part of his game.

Lewis has all the tools except the mass especially to be an inside LB is his rating because they think he can gain enough weight to play LB at a Power 5 school or is it because teams really see him as a dominant safety. Either way I want him.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

But can he play OT?  Tennessee is one loss from losing a lot of folks.  People think Auburn’s in bad shape but they haven’t lost 5 by double digits.

I pray to the football demigods to let UT implode so we may flip some OL.   ANY of them. 

• Thanks 1

All of a sudden the D side of recruiting is looking up if we get Lewis and Wallace at LB, George Wilson at Buck, Balfour at CB. Already have Robinson, Hunter at Tackle, Okoli at DE (who I think will be a steal), Harvey, O'Brien at safety, Hadden at CB, with possibly Dawson as a DB and we will some how have come up with a pretty strong Defensive class this year despite this season.  This is assuming we get Lewis, Wallace, Wilson, Balfour and nobody decommits on D side.

The O-side still has a lot of work to do with losing Armoni, Gooch and Johnson on that side. We are set at QB with Davis, we have two TE's King and Calceterra (Transfer), Presley at WR,  Roberts, Langlo, Wilson (GT) as interior D-Line.  Sadly no RB's and it will be hard to find a quality RB this late in the game (I am worried about MAR transferring) and having to band aid at OT with transfers. 

Despite the year we may end up with a pretty good recruiting class (I am not sure how) that will have a solid rating but will sadly be a typical Auburn Solid recruiting class. Very good D class, we will be fine at QB maybe even great, Interior line solid but not great, actually good at TE and solid at WR but as usual no HS OT's. The lack of great O-Line recruiting continues. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Auburn-Texas A&M battle per Miami247. Keith says AU is trending.

Well then. this weekend game is going to be huge.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

We need to find a way to win. We need bad Mond to show up not good Mond and we need to have good Bo at home to show up.  A&M has a strong O-Line and a very good RB, WR's are not great that is why Mond is so important. On D they have a great D-Line and they disguise their D well so is confusing to O. They line up 6 on line of scrimmage and then at snap maybe one or two drop back sometimes 3 they confuse QB and O-line. They have solid LB's and DB's but if Our O-Line can play solid we can move ball on them. 

Opposing teams with strong O-Lines and D-Lines have hurt us all year so we will need some help with turnovers and coaches have to go for broke to salvage anything from this season. A win on Saturday will be very difficult but possible and could help us on recruiting trail with a couple of players. One key is if Tank is still hurt which with a Hip Pointer he probably is then we need to use MAR a lot as we will need a good game from our RB's and also to hopefully give him a reason to remain at Auburn with the loss of Armoni.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

It always was going to be. TAMU coaches want this one badly. One of the assistants told me that Jimbo takes this game very personally. He acknowledges their slow start cost them last year and he is determined not to let that happen again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It always was going to be. TAMU coaches want this one badly. One of the assistants told me that Jimbo takes this game very personally. He acknowledges their slow start cost them last year and he is determined not to let that happen again. 

Will be interesting to see what role motivation plays in the teams' respective performances. We all know how it went in 2013.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Will be interesting to see what role motivation plays in the teams' respective performances. We all know how it went in 2013.

Motivation is all on their side, IMO. They think they have a chance to slip in to the playoffs if UF beats Bama in the SECCG.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Motivation is all on their side, IMO. They think they have a chance to slip in to the playoffs if UF beats Bama in the SECCG.

Yes but they haven't had their yearly WTF game yet. I'm thinking it happens against us. I just hope we don't Falcon it up enough to lose it.

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Can he play offensive line?

That joke was already used in the 2nd post of the thread.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes but they haven't had their yearly WTF game yet. I'm thinking it happens against us. I just hope we don't Falcon it up enough to lose it.

They seem different this year. Just a different feel around the program

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They seem different this year. Just a different feel around the program

Not from my POV. We'll see though.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not from my POV. We'll see though.

I'm just letting people know what the feel is around here. It might just be gas

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm just letting people know what the feel is around here. It might just be gas

It's Texas so it probably is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

One of the assistants told me that Jimbo takes this game very personally.

Are you allowed to expand on why he takes the Auburn games in particular very personally?

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Auburn-Texas A&M battle per Miami247. Keith says AU is trending.

Theoretically if Auburn gets him, what would our class be ranked?

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Are you allowed to expand on why he takes the Auburn games in particular very personally?

He has always wanted to coach at AU and  was in line to take over in 2017 before the extension. He was assured and got his hopes up. He blames Gus and some of the PTB.

• Thanks 1