Matthew Hill Enters the Transfer Portal

Zeek

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat unrelated but not worth it's own topic. Anthony Schwartz tweeted a gif of dominos falling the other day and it has since been deleted. Not sure what it means but man it doesn't feel good.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Somewhat unrelated but not worth it's own topic. Anthony Schwartz tweeted a gif of dominos falling the other day and it has since been deleted. Not sure what it means but man it doesn't feel good.

He also tweeted what appeared to be 3 Pinocchio emojis. 

Regardless, I hope nobody is expecting him back next year. I assumed before the season that he'd be gone but it's a foregone conclusion at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I hope it’s not a reference to players leaving.

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I hope it’s not a reference to players leaving.

Sounds like a reference of feeling like he has been lied to

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He also tweeted what appeared to be 3 Pinocchio emojis. 

Regardless, I hope nobody is expecting him back next year. I assumed before the season that he'd be gone but it's a foregone conclusion at this point. 

Not sure I understand this. Is he not our leading receiver right now? Swartz that is. Doesnt seem underutilized this year to me....at least not comparatively. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would agree that the Pinocchio’s he tweeted indicate that, the dominoes falling was the one that made me feel that maybe something is about to happen, like players leaving.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

That's how I took the pinochio tweet. Probably got told he was going to be used like a real WR and not just a speed sweep decoy.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That's how I took the pinochio tweet. Probably got told he was going to be used like a real WR and not just a speed sweep decoy.

I can believe that. So wasted . It is ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I can believe that. So wasted . It is ridiculous 

If you're an OC and you're not trying to emulate what Joe Brady or Andy Reid is doing right now I have no clue why not. Schwartz has Tyreek Hill type speed and good hands. Look how KC uses Hill and gets him open using his pure speed. Yeah his routes are crisp but most of the time he just gasses a corner.

25 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Not sure I understand this. Is he not our leading receiver right now? Swartz that is. Doesnt seem underutilized this year to me....at least not comparatively

You answered your own question at the end there. By Auburn standards, he's doing okay. But those are extremely low standards. Take a look at what Chad Morris's receivers did at Clemson. Or think about what the receivers were all saying before the season, how excited they were.

Now, I have no idea what Schwartz was referring to. He could've been talking about a girl who gave him a fake number. He could've been talking about track. He could've been talking about the cliffhanger on his favorite TV show.

And we need to pause on that. We're talking about a college kid who tweeted something that didn't have a single clear reference to football. I know I was the one who shared it, but now I feel like I need to pump the brakes a little here.

But if he was talking about promises that were made in the preseason about this offense and that were not kept, I wouldn't be surprised.

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If you're an OC and you're not trying to emulate what Joe Brady or Andy Reid is doing right now I have no clue why not. Schwartz has Tyreek Hill type speed and good hands. Look how KC uses Hill and gets him open using his pure speed. Yeah his routes are crisp but most of the time he just gasses a corner.

I agree 100%. Gus has been able to accumulate weapons, but he has no idea how to maximize them or use them with his other weapons at the same time.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You answered your own question at the end there. By Auburn standards, he's doing okay. But those are extremely low standards. Take a look at what Chad Morris's receivers did at Clemson. Or think about what the receivers were all saying before the season, how excited they were.

Now, I have no idea what Schwartz was referring to. He could've been talking about a girl who gave him a fake number. He could've been talking about track. He could've been talking about the cliffhanger on his favorite TV show.

And we need to pause on that. We're talking about a college kid who tweeted something that didn't have a single clear reference to football. I know I was the one who shared it, but now I feel like I need to pump the brakes a little here.

But if he was talking about promises that were made in the preseason about this offense and that were not kept, I wouldn't be surprised.

Getting our 1,000 yard receiver is my Moby Dick

So elusive.

Just now, cole256 said:

Man we really are imploding

The GIF of the dog sitting in a burning room saying everything is fine epitomizes Auburn Football

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not really. If we are going by actual production, I wouldnt say 46 receptions for 560 or so yards in 8 games is all that bad in any offense. Not enough to tweet about anyway. If it's the type of routes, then I could see his point if he was promised a more sophisticated route scheme and didnt get it. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man we really are imploding

Somebody just tweeted that our top 4 recruits in Hill's class were him, Coynis Miller, Harold Joiner and Joey Gatewood. Hahahaha holy crap hahahahaha

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Getting our 1,000 yard receiver is my Moby Dick

So elusive.

Yeah looks like we wont. If we had the full season, based on current production per game for Swartz and Seth, wed be close. But in today's modern offenses, no way we shouldn't have one get there in 13 pretty easy. 

Flash should have 1000 yards easy . Fastest dude in college . I don’t care if it is all purpose. He should be having that Percy Harvin effect.

Just now, twilli13 said:

Not really. If we are going by actual production, I wouldnt say 46 receptions for 560 or so yards in 8 games is all that bad in any offense. Not enough to tweet about anyway. If it's the type of routes, then I could see his point if he was promised a more sophisticated route scheme and didnt get it. 

Schwartz has 422 yards. 

bama has 3 guys over 500, including the guy that only played 4 games. 

Archived