Anyone here got COVID or know close family that do?

DKW 86

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I tested negative and now our family Dr thinks I had a false Negative. Waiting on results. 

Yes and yes. I’ve had it before and my test was negative but I tested later on positive for the antibodies. And confirmed it with a second test. 

None of us have tested positive, but I believe I had it in mid-late February, as well as a few in my office. It wasn't supposed to be here yet, but as we know it was likely here as early as last December.

I started with symptoms on November 9th and tested positive a few days later. I had symptoms but was able to return to work as soon as my isolation time was up. I am finally 100%. My wife started with symptoms 1.5 days after I did. She still feels a little yucky and sleeps a lot, but is probably at 90+%.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I tested negative and now our family Dr thinks I had a false Negative. Waiting on results. 

Had it a couple weeks ago(fresh off quarantine). Lost taste and smell, went and got a rapid test and it was negative. I simply said “that’s wrong”. Tested with the more robust test and it came back positive. Best to be sure.

A couple of my co-workers got it in the summer, and one is in quarantine now. I am pretty much a homebody these days, anyway, and our school schedule is so jacked up that I don't see many people there, either.

My approach has been to lose weight, exercise, take a good supplement regimen daily (Vitamin D, quercetin, and zinc on top of my usuals) and assume that I'm going to get it at some point, because the virus is going to do virus things, and my goal is to minimize the impact if I do get it...kind of like boarding up before a hurricane.

I think there needs to be a LOT more messaging geared toward taking care of one's overall health...go for a walk, drink more water, eat better, etc.

The closing down of outdoor activities (parks, etc.) has been one of the more shortsighted things that local and state governments have done, in my view.

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Yes and yes. I’ve had it before and my test was negative but I tested later on positive for the antibodies. And confirmed it with a second test. 

Welcome to my world, that was what I was about to ask. 
Had every symptom on CDC Website but two. Tested Negative. Company Nurse and myself both said it was a false negative. Two days later called in to do send-off test, Dr tells me she thinks I got a false negative now too. Was wondering if this was common.

46 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

A couple of my co-workers got it in the summer, and one is in quarantine now. I am pretty much a homebody these days, anyway, and our school schedule is so jacked up that I don't see many people there, either.

My approach has been to lose weight, exercise, take a good supplement regimen daily (Vitamin D, quercetin, and zinc on top of my usuals) and assume that I'm going to get it at some point, because the virus is going to do virus things, and my goal is to minimize the impact if I do get it...kind of like boarding up before a hurricane.

I think there needs to be a LOT more messaging geared toward taking care of one's overall health...go for a walk, drink more water, eat better, etc.

The closing down of outdoor activities (parks, etc.) has been one of the more shortsighted things that local and state governments have done, in my view.

Awesome, my approach as well.  Great minds think alike?  I've been lap swimming in our municipal pool since it opened back up in July, anywhere from 4-6 times per week, and have logged every workout.  I figure immersing myself in chlorinated water & (heavily) breathing the vapor above it for 60-80 minutes at a time ought to do a number on any kind of virus.  The bonus benefit is that I've now got a good aerobic base after 5 months of solid swimming.  Having once been a competitive swimmer, I know how to workout in a pool.    

16 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

the guitar player on my cd i posted in music has covid. they did take him off the vent and believe he is doing better. but where he works some is a production company and they have four people with it last i heard.

also one of the docs that was freezing cancers off had it and i was exposed but we were masked up and i am fine. i will get an update on her tuesday.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We all had it about 3 weeks ago.

Even you son?  I bet that was a nervous time.  Everybody doing fine?

39 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Even you son?  I bet that was a nervous time.  Everybody doing fine?

Yep and we were.  Yeah, we all recovered pretty quickly. Never had fevers, just lost our smell/taste, headaches, and exhaustion.

16 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Dr told me to take C, D, and Zinc. Which I have done every day for decades. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Yep and we were.  Yeah, we all recovered pretty quickly. Never had fevers, just lost our smell/taste, headaches, and exhaustion.

Wow, yall are exactly like myself. I would add OMG Nausea. The Stand up and puke kind of Nausea.

My wife and I had it last month. For us it was the flu with a few new twists. I was relieved that no one I came in contact with tested positive. It was almost a relief when I tested positive. Because reinfection rates are so astronomically low (for now), it is nice know that there's a good chance I'm not walking around asymptomatic and infecting people. Who knows if that'll continue, but for now, that's what the science is suggesting.

Did anyone else have people treat you like a leper, even after you'd been symptom free for weeks and had tested negative?

On 12/10/2020 at 9:17 AM, caleb1633 said:

Did anyone else have people treat you like a leper, even after you'd been symptom free for weeks and had tested negative?

I did not experience that.

On 12/5/2020 at 12:18 PM, bigbird said:

Have you recovered you smell and taste?

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Have you recovered you smell and taste?

Took a little bit. About 3 weeks for me and my son, but less than 10 days for my wife and daughter. 

On 12/10/2020 at 9:17 AM, caleb1633 said:

last time i was treated like a leper was in the service at the end of nam........oh wait! there was this one time on here.........lol

On 12/5/2020 at 11:18 AM, bigbird said:

did it effect your flight patterns? what about your landings? yes that was weak. yes that is all i got.....lol

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

did it effect your flight patterns? what about your landings? yes that was weak. yes that is all i got.....lol

It seemed to effect my sense of direction. I was heading to work and ended up at a longhorn steakhouse instead.  I just chalked it up to a God thing.

i have eatten at a longhorn twice in the last month in gadsden. the gadsden logans is better but they shutdown over covid and the one in anniston is just lacking. my next steak is top of the river in anniston. i have been told to forget it is a fish house that is has the best steak around period. glad the good guys made it. and i got a question? why could you have not lost your sense of smell when you were hell hounding on my trail on here?   lmao

Archived