Anyone here got COVID or know close family that do?

DKW 86

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

last time i was treated like a leper was in the service at the end of nam........oh wait! there was this one time on here.........lol

Haha thank you for your service! What branch were you in?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why could you have not lost your sense of smell when you were hell 😁hounding on my trail on here?

I can always smell BS...

😄

:poke:

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Haha thank you for your service! What branch were you in?

navy. never set foot on a ship. i spent a little over three years at the pentagon. i basically made a ton of coffee and sorted message traffic. my claim to fame was getting high in a fith floor fan room. yep ol geezer aubes got high in the big war machine...........lol

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

navy. never set foot on a ship. i spent a little over three years at the pentagon. i basically made a ton of coffee and sorted message traffic. my claim to fame was getting high in a fith floor fan room. yep ol geezer aubes got high in the big war machine...........lol

Hahaha that's too funny! I did 8 years in the Corps. Got out almost two years ago exactly.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Hahaha that's too funny! I did 8 years in the Corps. Got out almost two years ago exactly.

i loved me some jarheads......lol just call me squid. i actually caught a marine sarge crawling along the baseboard easing toward our command center. i busted him out asking him what the hell he was doing. he was sneaking up on our sentry to see if he was asleep.

I am now out of the hospital. 4 COVID tests, several incorrect diagnoses, I dont know how many blood tests, numerous shots, 5 or more EKGs, heart monitoring for 4 days, etc. 

I did not have COVID. 
I have a pretty serious A-Fib Condition, Complicated with Blood Sugar Issues, and a Clotting Issue, and maybe a cold on the side to boot. 

I wont bore you with ALL the details, but A-Fib, Blood Sugar, and Blood Clotting, and maybe a cold to boot turned out to fool or almost fool 4-5 Doctors into thinking, or at least worried enough to keep testing for, COVID. When going in to get my RTW order, they found that my resting HR was 149. BP is excellent but my HR was tracked from 130-200+ at rest. I was sent to the ER and was immediately admitted into CICU where I stayed 3 days. The rest of the journey was weird and tedious and may end up with me either leaving work, retiring, or going on Disability. I had a Pastor, my Wife, a doctor, and my family all tell me to leave my job. I dont want to, but...I am not going to literally kill myself working on call 24-7 and a 6-7 day work week. I cannot take it anymore. 

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i loved me some jarheads......lol just call me squid. i actually caught a marine sarge crawling along the baseboard easing toward our command center. i busted him out asking him what the hell he was doing. he was sneaking up on our sentry to see if he was asleep.

Sounds about right. It would've been a bad day for him if he was!

45 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Sounds about right. It would've been a bad day for him if he was!

that sarge tried to boss me around and i told him to go screw himself. the rest of those cats were mostly top notch. hell i went to henderson hall and hung out with a couple of those guys. back then there were no drug tests and the only way you could detect pot was when the dogs were brought out to search the barracks. but thanx for your service! i am a five point vet but i never fought or even left the country. i can tell you most of the folks in the military were the best folks you could meet. i am not sure hnow it is now.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that sarge tried to boss me around and i told him to go screw himself. the rest of those cats were mostly top notch. hell i went to henderson hall and hung out with a couple of those guys. back then there were no drug tests and the only way you could detect pot was when the dogs were brought out to search the barracks. but thanx for your service! i am a five point vet but i never fought or even left the country. i can tell you most of the folks in the military were the best folks you could meet. i am not sure hnow it is now.

There's good and bad people everywhere, but for the most part, it's a community I'm proud to be a part of. Most are hardworking, reliable, and unselfish.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I had a Pastor, my Wife, a doctor, and my family all tell me to leave my job. I dont want to, but...I am not going to literally kill myself working on call 24-7 and a 6-7 day work week. I cannot take it anymore. 

Well, it seems like a lot of people care for you.  The good news is it may be time to down size and enjoy life.  After a month or so you should be able to tell how much stress the job had on you.  Good luck and keep healthy.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am now out of the hospital. 4 COVID tests, several incorrect diagnoses, I dont know how many blood tests, numerous shots, 5 or more EKGs, heart monitoring for 4 days, etc. 

I did not have COVID. 
I have a pretty serious A-Fib Condition, Complicated with Blood Sugar Issues, and a Clotting Issue, and maybe a cold on the side to boot. 

I wont bore you with ALL the details, but A-Fib, Blood Sugar, and Blood Clotting, and maybe a cold to boot turned out to fool or almost fool 4-5 Doctors into thinking, or at least worried enough to keep testing for, COVID. When going in to get my RTW order, they found that my resting HR was 149. BP is excellent but my HR was tracked from 130-200+ at rest. I was sent to the ER and was immediately admitted into CICU where I stayed 3 days. The rest of the journey was weird and tedious and may end up with me either leaving work, retiring, or going on Disability. I had a Pastor, my Wife, a doctor, and my family all tell me to leave my job. I dont want to, but...I am not going to literally kill myself working on call 24-7 and a 6-7 day work week. I cannot take it anymore. 

Dang! I am glad that you are doing better! I am glad that they found the AFib. Prayers for you, DKW!

dkw i am so heartbroken. while i have been worrying myself over this skin cancer crap the guitar playing monster on my cd i posted here was just taken off life support and sent to hospice. while he was struggling to breath he had a stroke and his brain is dead. he was so talented and one of the funniest people i ever met. he spent almost a month struggling to breath. he should have been a big country star with a band that got signed but his singer who was great by the way and a couple of other members tried to tell them how to do things in the studio and were told to go home they did need the crap.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am so heartbroken

Sad to hear Fiddy.

Mrs Salty and I tested positive on Tuesday. Started feeling it latter part of last week and had a rough weekend. Thus far some low grade fever, aches, exhaustion. Seem to be a little on the upswing now. I did qualify and go ahead with the infusion treatment this morning so will see. We have been as about as careful as can be including around family so go figure

I had it one year ago today....or at least the symptoms started Dec. 17th, 2019. 

My wife's brother just got out of the hospital with COVID. He was trying to be very careful -- masks, distancing, careful about where he went. But he got it and got reamed by it. Hospital for 2 weeks, but didn't get hooked to a ventilator. Even though he is now home, he is still struiggling with breathing issues and total lack of strength/energy. He's 48 with no underlying conditions.

In the org I work for, so far 7 people out of around 55 have tested positive. Most apparently contracted from church services without masks. Mostly minor symptoms, but two had more serious. Neither died, but the after-effects, even for those with minor symptoms, can drag on.

Personally, I take all precautions. I also make sure to schedule my rare visits to public spaces when there is low risk, like grocery shopping very late at night, Costco during safe hour, staying outside when car is serviced, etc. As for all the anti-vaxxers and wingnuts, I'm happy if they want to get infected with COVID by choice. That ain't me.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested positive yesterday. Been having a mild sore throat for weeks. Masks cause my throat to be sore. For about a week was having mild headaches that one dose of Tylenol would knock out for the whole day. Woke up 26th. With a pounding headache and body aches. Sneezing constantly. Took sutafed with Tylenol and haven’t had any more body aches. Started getting texts from coworkers that had gone to clinics and were positive. One was positive for flu and COVID. I slept most of the day Saturday very drained. Walked a mile Sunday still sneezing and fighting head pressure. My doc opened yesterday so I went. Positive, gave me a zpack, recommended D,C and zinc which I was already doing. Also recommended exercise and don’t sleep on your back. I walked two miles today. Never had any fever. Can’t smell because of congestion but taste fine. I’ll live.  Really concerned for my coworkers. 4 in my department are positive. One has other issues and another has a wife with MS.

We also had a coworker who went out in April due to cancer. He passed on the 23rd. We are all pretty good friends. We can’t see his family or attend his memorial. 

I've had family members and a co-worker come down with it.  One felt tired and was out for a few days, the other was down a little longer, and the third in my family had a rough case - 10 days of fever, sore throat, taste/smell gone, coughing, congestion, feeling like they were run over by a truck.  Co-worker ran a fever, lost taste and smell, congested and run down for 5-6 days.

A good friend had it run through her family.  Her husband and kids got sick, run down for a few days and mild fever.  She ended up in the hospital about *this* close to be put on a vent.  Had the aches, fever, no taste or smell, and was struggling to breathe for a while.   Was there for two weeks before she finally made a recovery.

s*** don't play.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, aubiefifty said:

dkw i am so heartbroken. while i have been worrying myself over this skin cancer crap the guitar playing monster on my cd i posted here was just taken off life support and sent to hospice. while he was struggling to breath he had a stroke and his brain is dead. he was so talented and one of the funniest people i ever met. he spent almost a month struggling to breath. he should have been a big country star with a band that got signed but his singer who was great by the way and a couple of other members tried to tell them how to do things in the studio and were told to go home they did need the crap.

I'm so sorry.  Just awful.

My mom recovered at home even though her oxygen was lower than normal. She is 66 and a cancer survivor. She had been exposed so many times and tested negative that doctors thought she was immune. She didn’t want to go in  the hospital. She told her doctor they could bring oxygen to the house If her breathing got bad.

my uncle 58 and overweight spent 3 days in hospital. He laid flat on his back for so long he got Covid pneumonia. He probably didn’t need hospital but was in a panic because he couldn’t breathe. Once he got on oxygen and anxiety meds he was ok. They kept him just to run blood thinners and treat possible clots from laying still so long. 
     I’ve had several people stressing that I need to be active even if I don’t feel like it. So far I’m lucky. I don’t feel that bad. My wife has some very mild symptoms and hasn’t decided yet if she wants to go get tested. She’s going to be positive too. She works from home so....

23 hours ago, Grumps said:

I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. I'll let y'all know if there are any side effects to report.

Shoulder feels bruised, like I got frogged really good yesterday. No big deal. Probably a little soreness tonight like I worked out hard yesterday (I didn't).

Got the bad news last night. I am on Quarantine from contact with a co-worker for the next 14 days.

Sweet little woman, but she just took out half of second shift and almost all of third shift supervisors and a third of the IT Dept. 

charlie sheen applause GIF

I've had several cousins and a nephew infected, all in the B'ham area.  

One of them exposed my 90 year-old mother and she is currently in "quarantine" -  or what passes for quarantine in her mind.   (She - along with my sisters - are Foxbot MAGAs and don't take it as seriously as I do. Thanks Fox!)

It will be a miracle if she remains uninfected before she gets vaccinated, especially the way the vaccination effort is rolling out.  :(

Archived