Gus Bus runs into the ditch:

aubiefifty

saturdaydownsouth.com

Gus Bus runs into the ditch: Auburn fans mad at Malzahn following poor Iron Bowl showing

Keith Farner | 7 days ago

4-5 minutes

As Alabama built a big lead in the Iron Bowl, the well-known drumbeat to fire Auburn coach Gus Malzahn cranked up one more time.

Many fans had moved on from the 2019 win for Auburn, and instead focused on the lackluster offense led by Bo Nix, which struggled to find any traction against the Crimson Tide. Even though Malzahn is one of just two active coaches to have three wins over Nick Saban-coached Alabama, the lopsided loss on Saturday boiled over the War Eagle frustrations.

By the time Auburn made it 42-13 late in the game, Nix was 22-for-36 passing for 220 yards and two interceptions. The Crimson Tide had 3 sacks and 8 tackles for a loss as they built a 21-3 lead by halftime.

Here is a sampling of some of the frustration from the Auburn fan base:

If Gus Malzahn is not fired after this game, then when he does eventually go, a lot of people in the athletics department better go too. This program is a laughing stock because of him. The problems on this team are on his shoulders. Recruiting, gameplay, like this 7 years in???

— Ben DeWitt (@justdoit19934) November 28, 2020

We paid Gus Malzahn $49 million for 7 years in 2017 to keep him from going to ARKANSAS.

He’s sending out the field goal unit while Alabama puts up touchdown after touchdown.

We deserve this. We can also end this.

It’s time for a change.

— Zack Webster (@zweb95) November 28, 2020

Gus Malzahn robbed Auburn University and won’t ever have to pay any consequences. It’s so disgusting I can’t fathom it

— caleb walker (@Caleb12304Caleb) November 28, 2020

Iron Bowl in the third quarter: Alabama 35, Auburn 6

Meanwhile in 2032: U.S. Sen. Gus Malzahn (R-Auburn)

— Jeff Poor (@jeff_poor) November 28, 2020

Auburn’s offensive looks terrible under Chad Morris.

Not just today against Bama, they’ve been up and down all year.

Gus Malzahn is a great play-caller, how can he let somebody else drive his car into the ditch? #WarEagle x #SECFB

— Andrea Katherine (@stl_blonde) November 28, 2020

GUS MALZAHN IS AN OFFENSIVE GENIUS
-Barn, after Iron Bowl 2k19

— Katniss of Tarth (@Kats820) November 28, 2020

Can we fire Gus Malzahn now? If Bama can run the score up enough for that to happen, I’d love nothing more end this terrible 2020 year

— Will Griggs (@WillTheThrill24) November 28, 2020

Pete Golding has whipped Gus Malzahn’s ass today. #RollTide

— Richard Houston (@HoustonRichard) November 28, 2020

Oh look it’s Gus Malzahn not developing his five star quarterbacks again, whoops.

— Cade (@CadeConville04) November 28, 2020

Firing Gus Malzahn would redeem 2020. #FireGusMalzahn

— Cole Muzio (@ColeMuzio) November 28, 2020

@AGreeneIV this is unacceptable. Please find our great university another leader that can develop talent, and recruit better. Gus Malzahn is a great person, but that don’t win you games. Getting beat down like this is 100% unacceptable

— John Bergin (@Bergin256) November 28, 2020

Will this be the game that finally rids us of Gus Malzahn and Bo Nix? I can only dream.

— Melissa Cain (@_melissaalyse) November 28, 2020

Step 1: Fire Gus Malzahn
Step 2: Replace Bo Nix

— Smooth (@Kyng_Symba) November 28, 2020

Me enjoying my post loss extra leg room on the Gus Bus. #WarEagle pic.twitter.com/QkFe5fM7nD

— Kyle Loomis (@TygerEye24) November 28, 2020

Live depiction of the #gusbus pic.twitter.com/vluybw50yI

— Kara Silvers (@klsilvers) November 28, 2020

Looks like the Gus Bus ran out of gas in Tuscaloosa. Lol. #Blowout #RollTide #IronBowl2020

— T.M. Robinson-Mosley, Ph.D. (@Doctor_Mosley) November 28, 2020

here is you guys another thread to spew that hate on. lets try and get it out so you do not take it out on the wife and kids shall we?

Nothing but truth in those posts, except your comment at the end.

Only you would think anyone here would abuse their loved ones over Auburn football.  

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Nothing but truth in those posts, except your comment at the end.

Only you would think anyone here would abuse their loved ones over Auburn football.  

well you guys did over a simple prayer idea. you guys attack anyone who dares to take up for gus over anything. you try to bully folks so i just wanted to remind folks not to hurt the little ones because there is some epic hate on here.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well you guys did over a simple prayer idea. you guys attack anyone who dares to take up for gus over anything. you try to bully folks so i just wanted to remind folks not to hurt the little ones because there is some epic hate on here.

I know you are tired of us berating Coach Pyle. 

But you are constantly insulting us, Mr. Holier-than-thou.  

Stow the sanctimony, hypocrite.  

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

I know you are tired of us berating Coach Pyle. 

But you are constantly insulting us, Mr. Holier-than-thou.  

Stow the sanctimony, hypocrite.  

is that better sweety?

You know what I'm really tired of reading in these articles?  "only coach to beat Saban 3 times blah blah blah."  

Ok so he did his job first of all.  Last I checked its the Auburn coach's job to beat bama as often as possible.  But other than 2013 what did it get him?  

He hasn't consistently beaten the other rivals, he still hasn't won on the road against any of them and beating bama should not be the end all be all of a successful season anymore.  I grew up listening to some of our fans say things like "I don't care if we go 0-10 as long as we beat bama".  What a stupid, outdated, ridiculous way of thinking but I know we still have those that think this way.  

1) If you're 0-10 or 3-8 or whatever you are not likely to beat bama. 

2) The goal of big time college football is to win championships not just beat your rival.  Now typically those two things go hand in hand but look at bama in 2017.  They took home a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.  Do you think bama fans or alumni care two cents that they lost the Iron Bowl that year?  

It doesn't help that the media continues to push this by putting these references in their articles about beating Saban.  Let it go already.  

If Gus’ only reason for still being the coach is that he has beaten Bama three times, then maybe a lot more coaches should be fired.   Hell, Gus can’t beat Kirby.   

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Take that nonsense to the Updyke board, fifty. Otherwise, quit posting things to get a reaction and then claim victim status. 

31 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Take that nonsense to the Updyke board, fifty. Otherwise, quit posting things to get a reaction and then claim victim status. 

i will post what i want when i want swamp eagle you do not get to tell me how to post on here.

and eagle eye i am just returning shots. i was sincere in my gus post and some of you turned it into something ugly. the truth is you guys thought i was a gus supporter. if you go back to the gatewood hits the portal you will see my comments. the fact is some of you lash out at anyone who you think might disagree with you people about gus. i just saw a poster tell a female to shut up yesterday. i am going to be me and i will not be intimidated by anyone on here. you do not care for my thoughts iggie me.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i will post what i want when i want swamp eagle you do not get to tell me how to post on here.

and eagle eye i am just returning shots. i was sincere in my gus post and some of you turned it into something ugly. the truth is you guys thought i was a gus supporter. if you go back to the gatewood hits the portal you will see my comments. the fact is some of you lash out at anyone who you think might disagree with you people about gus. i just saw a poster tell a female to shut up yesterday. i am going to be me and i will not be intimidated by anyone on here. you do not care for my thoughts iggie me.

Are you talking about the same female poster who gave a thumbs down to someone trying to recover from covid? 

5 minutes ago, chizhead said:

typical

i have never claimed being a victim. i will however try to point out why i said what i said if you guys are not getting it. but i understand you guys lose it when gus loses and since you cannot take it out on gus you lash out at others. you guys have done the same ol thing and said the same ol talking points over gus. i am pretty sure it has all been covered. it is like beating a dead horse. you guys crap gets just as old as the other side.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Are you talking about the same female poster who gave a thumbs down to someone trying to recover from covid? 

i have no idea i did not see it. so if someone is sick they should be left alone? is that what you are saying?

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

You are correct, fifty. We are free to post what we want to as sure as we are free to look like a damn fool doing it. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have no idea i did not see it. so if someone is sick they should be left alone? is that what you are saying?

Just doesn’t seem like a very classy thing to do in my opinion. So, you make a post and when others chime in on why they disagree, it makes you rethink Christianity, is that what you’re saying? Which way do you want it? People open to criticism/debate or not?

22B4164B-8424-456E-92EF-2D74BD6A44CC.jpeg

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have never claimed being a victim. i will however try to point out why i said what i said if you guys are not getting it. but i understand you guys lose it when gus loses and since you cannot take it out on gus you lash out at others. you guys have done the same ol thing and said the same ol talking points over gus. i am pretty sure it has all been covered. it is like beating a dead horse. you guys crap gets just as old as the other side.

iggy?

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Just doesn’t seem like a very classy thing to do in my opinion. So, you make a post and when others chime in on why they disagree, it makes you rethink Christianity, is that what you’re saying? Which way do you want it? People open to criticism/debate or not?

22B4164B-8424-456E-92EF-2D74BD6A44CC.jpeg

you people are not debating you are bullying people on here that do not agree with your world view. and again my prayers for gus is because he knows he is toast and the things he dreamed of and worked for all his life will be taken away from him this year or next. he did not give himself the pay raise auburn did. he has failed on the field and you think with his pride and his love of auburn he is ok with that because he has money? that is quit a reach. the man has tried and he has failed. he has done nothing more than  not meet expectations, he has done nothing evil. i like gus though i want a new head coach but i can care about him and i can also wish to try and lift him up. my apologies for thinking some of you might be better people. you folks can attack me from now on but you will not make me leave. so you can keep on or give it a rest.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you people are not debating you are bullying people on here that do not agree with your world view. and again my prayers for gus is because he knows he is toast and the things he dreamed of and worked for all his life will be taken away from him this year or next. he did not give himself the pay raise auburn did. he has failed on the field and you think with his pride and his love of auburn he is ok with that because he has money? that is quit a reach. the man has tried and he has failed. he has done nothing more than  not meet expectations, he has done nothing evil. i like gus though i want a new head coach but i can care about him and i can also wish to try and lift him up. my apologies for thinking some of you might be better people. you folks can attack me from now on but you will not make me leave. so you can keep on or give it a rest.

I agree with some of what you’ve said. As a person, I like Gus and would never wish any ill will on him. I wished he would’ve gone down as the greatest coach in our history, but unfortunately that’s not going to be the case.

But I feel like you’re carrying the whole bullying thing too far. “You people are not debating you are bullying people”, “thinking some of you folks might be better people” and “you folks can attack me”?? You’re obviously including me into that group, so when have I ever bullied or attacked you? Please quote the post. For that matter, please quote where others have bullied, I genuinely want to know.

you think i did not catch hell in my gus prayer post? all you have to do is read. and i cannot prove it but i find it funny on here folks will pray for someones sick dog and not a man. and before some of you twist that i own three rescues and of course i would pray for them but if i see someone hurting i will include them as well. this board has been known to be a christian board. i see prayer requests all the time. i just thought you could pray for a coach even though he has not met most fans expectations. in the post game thread folks took shots at 004 and he has not said a word. all you have to do is look at what people say and the glee and joy they find making fun of someone. there are a lot of threads where people are attacked. in fact at one time nix and some of the others agreed to quit attacking folks. or the " i dare the gus folks to say one word" kind of thing. i just do not get why you do not see it.

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you think i did not catch hell in my gus prayer post? 

you did post it after a bad loss to bama.   What did you think was going to happen....  but lets be real  you know what you were doing.   Its a weak troll move in all honesty 

Archived