**** Official Post Game TAMU thread****

GwillMac6

Just now, abw0004 said:

Part of what has transpired on this page also falls on Gwill as well.  As much as he is respected on this board, the last two games when we lost he has found posters to take his anger out on.  Last week it was Friction and myself.  This week, I, nor Mikey, had said anything on this thread or the game thread about our HC and he specifically sought us out.  I have not said one word about Malzahn all season and I was accused of pumping him up.  The closest I have gotten was talking about how well Bicknell, Jr. has done with our OL.  Something to consider.

Well you are a sunshine pumper? Lol how can you honestly get mad about that ? I mean you are going to get called out on this forum one way or another. Every prominent poster has been called out. Again, we’ve talked about this before but this is why you rub people the wrong way. You should just own that you were wrong about Gus. There is nothing wrong with that man. Lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well you are a sunshine pumper? Lol how can you honestly get mad about that ? I mean you are going to get called out on this forum one way or another. Every prominent poster has been called out. Again, we’ve talked about this before but this is why you rub people the wrong way. You should just own that you were wrong about Gus. There is nothing wrong with that man. Lol

I am not mad about being accused a sunshine pumper.  I own it.  I am an optimistic person in life so that goes hand in hand.

I am upset about our program too.  And I am coming around to the fact that Gus is not right for this program anymore.  And you know me, I am not afraid to own up to anything.  If I am wrong, I want to know.  But there is a way to go about everything.  Picking fights with posters so you can get your anger out isn’t the way to go and that is what I am saying.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

I am not mad about being accused a sunshine pumper.  I own it.  I am an optimistic person in life so that goes hand in hand.

I am upset about our program too.  And I am coming around to the fact that Gus is not right for this program anymore.  And you know me, I am not afraid to own up to anything.  If I am wrong, I want to know.  But there is a way to go about everything.  Picking fights with posters so you can get your anger out isn’t the way to go and that is what I am saying.  

I like you as a poster. Despite our differences. I am just letting you know you get ribbed on him because although you are positive, you tend to go against the grain of logical statements due to trying to be positive. 

39 minutes ago, fredst said:

Auburn virtue signaling still showing up in these threads I see....

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Accepting mediocrity and constantly defending the indefensible is pathetic.

33 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I have no idea how there is anyone left still defending paying $7 million a year for this.  

Ok, #1 best most awesome AU fan here to set you 'bad' fans straight.

Gus isn't perfect, but at least he is beating our biggest riva.....

wait, I mean... look, it's been a down.... 6 years(?!?!) But the future is bright, Gus IS an amazing recrui.....

dangit..... Ok, but still don't forget we have yet to find a dead hooker in his trunk. So your complaints are invalid.

So..... There.

*Gus BOOM*

Gus Boom2.jpg

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

people assume because you are loyal that you do not want better.

We should be loyal to Auburn, not an employee. Auburn deserves better. Defending and being loyal to Gus is not being loyal to Auburn. Again, Auburn deserves better.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

For the love of goodness man its a message board not a tea party with the queen.  No one forces you to be here. 

Just now, bigbird said:

We should be loyal to Auburn, not an employee. Auburn deserves better. Defending and being loyal to Gus is not being loyal to Auburn. Auburn deserves better.

i agree. i gave gus all the support i could until i just could not anymore. and auburn does deserve better. hell i am old and i might not ever get to see auburn on another run of glory days and this is upsetting to me.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I like you as a poster. Despite our differences. I am just letting you know you get ribbed on him because although you are positive, you tend to go against the grain of logical statements due to trying to be positive. 

And you know I respect you a lot as a poster and as a person.  And you are right, if it something I believe in I will stand up for it.  And the conversation you and I are having this second is a great example of how to have a conversation on here.  We don’t always agree, but there isn’t name calling or anything.  That’s the opposite of what was going on earlier and what Gwill was doing.  Calling us embarrassing?  For what?  I said nothing in this thread or the game thread (aside from starting the thread).  What have I said about Malzahn lately?  It’s makes no sense to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

we have yet to find a dead hooker in his trunk

that would solve everything...

standby...

Gotta be one around here somewhere...

18 hours ago, aubearcat said:

6-4 “solid year “. If that doesn’t get the ire of the Gus truthers, what will. When is 6-4 ever a solid year?

But, but, but......... Covid

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

many of those lashing out at other posters who support the team have actually stated over the past couple of years they will pull for auburn to lose so another coach can be brought in. i will never do that. some of these people that claim to be fans have so much hate for gus they would throw the whole team under the bus to get what they want. i will never pull against auburn.

23 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

How close are you to Tuscaloosa? 

I can almost smell it from here...

(calling Hugh Freeze now)

People this should be simple South Carolina a team that beat us this has now fired their coach and rehired a coach . Another words beating Auburn is not a big deal on anybody’s list mainly because everyone has lately. That by itself should be enough for the board and administration to get off their butts and fire Gus and go hire a real coach that can bring in real assistants. 

Also nothing against Bo. He is a good athlete but a sandlot QB. He is at his best when plays breakdown. He is not a methodological QB like Matt Jones or Lawrence . He is just a gunslinger . Not his fault it is who his dad created . If you go back and watch his high school play it was same. Good kid, big heart but doesn’t like or know how to follow play designs. I k now the line hasn’t been the best and the rushing game hasn’t helped him, but truth is Bo is going to make many bad decisions as he did yesterday.  Some will break his way but most will not. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yes. There aren't many real Auburn-type people left here, so we do stand out in this teapot tempest of crybabies and whiners.

If you want to fire the coach, fine. Start one of those silly "fund me" things and dump your life savings into it. Me, I'll support OUR coach as long as he holds that position. When the next coach comes on board, I'll support him the same way.

In the meantime, all this bellyaching and whining is counter productive.

Mikey still doesn't seem to understand that Auburn and Gus Malzahn are two entirely different entities. He's still spouting off rhetoric as if we're in the first ~3 years of Malzahn's tenure here. Yes, when things are rolling along nicely the coach AND institution are working in unison, and thus "supporting Auburn" means supporting the coach as well. However, what you don't seem to understand is that we are actually well into the point wherein the coach is working AGAINST the well being of the institution that he represents. Open your eyes for once - Gus Malzahn is literally stealing money from this institution. We are paying him an exuberant amount of money, and yet he is clearly perfectly happy with mediocrity. He just said it openly himself. So what exactly are you supporting? You are actively supporting a coach who is bringing this institution down to HIS level of mediocrity - all the while he's padding his own pockets and funneling money out of an institution that is paying for more than they are receiving. And you think that means that you are "supporting Auburn"? What you are doing is the antithesis of "supporting Auburn" - you are in fact enabling a grifter to slowly erode the resources of this institution. We pay this guy $7 mill a year, we have one of the highest paid supporting coaching staffs in the country, we have one of the biggest budgets spent on recruiting (or at least we did) in the country - and after pumping that many resources into this program you want to support a coach who just came out and said that a 4-loss season is a good season for us? Gus Malzahn has long lost whatever edge or fire he possessed for achieving greatness. What we are now receiving is mediocre effort - and does anyone even blame Malzahn for that? "Auburn-type people" like yourself have made it loud and clear that the head coach of this institution doesn't have to work hard to gain your support. Just showing up is enough for you. 

You'd be singing an entirely different tune if it was YOUR millions of dollars going into paying for this level of mediocrity. You are perfectly happy to play "Auburn man" with other people's money. 

38 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Also nothing against Bo. He is a good athlete but a sandlot QB. He is at his best when plays breakdown. He is not a methodological QB like Matt Jones or Lawrence . He is just a gunslinger . Not his fault it is who his dad created . If you go back and watch his high school play it was same. Good kid, big heart but doesn’t like or know how to follow play designs. I k now the line hasn’t been the best and the rushing game hasn’t helped him, but truth is Bo is going to make many bad decisions as he did yesterday.  Some will break his way but most will not. 

The few plays I saw yesterday, he briefly reminded me of Gabe Gross at QB.

45 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Some of this is accurate, but it also goes back to the coaching he gets now.  Development should be substantial from year to year at the college level.  We've seen very little of it from this staff when it comes to QBs.  And it's not just Bo.  I've got 7 years of evidence to back that statement up.  Stidham and JJ arguably regressed in their second years with Gus and Co.

By the way, I'm tired of people bringing up how Gus Malzahn is a "man of character". He is a self-serving con-man at his core and always has been. Too many of you have been fooled by the "aww shucks" goofiness that he personifies. Everything that he does works in his own self interest: he got butthurt and walked out on Houston Nutt at Arkansas, he walked out on Gene Chizik once his golden-horse in Cam disappeared and his own incompetence started to show, he builds up his staff of cronies and then sacrifices them to save his own reputation and to buy himself more time (Rhett Lashlee, Chip Lindsey). Has he ever openly admitted any failure as his own, or absorbed criticism himself to stick up for hias staff and players? Its all about HIM and HIS reputation - and make no mistake, the second things start looking good for him, he's scurrying around with his hands held open for his extension and raise. 

A real man of character has pride and gives his all for the people that gifted him the bountiful life that he lives. We literally made this clown's career (because its dreadfully obvious by now that he has no business coaching at this level of football) and yet even with the fame and millions of dollars we've gifted him - he gives you half-assed effort, and only enough to keep you "satiated" enough to be content. He has the audacity to come out game after game and tell you that you should be happy with what he's providing.

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Has he ever openly admitted any failure as his own, or absorbed criticism himself to stick up for hias staff and players?

Great point, and no I cannot recall him ever taking responsibility for anything negative.

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

By the way, I'm tired of people bringing up how Gus Malzahn is a "man of character". He is a self-serving con-man at his core and always has been. Too many of you have been fooled by the "aww shucks" goofiness that he personifies. Everything that he does works in his own self interest: he got butthurt and walked out on Houston Nutt at Arkansas, he walked out on Gene Chizik once his golden-horse in Cam disappeared and his own incompetence started to show, he builds up his staff of cronies and then sacrifices them to save his own reputation and to buy himself more time (Rhett Lashlee, Chip Lindsey). Has he ever openly admitted any failure as his own, or absorbed criticism himself to stick up for hias staff and players? Its all about HIM and HIS reputation - and make no mistake, the second things start looking good for him, he's scurrying around with his hands held open for his extension and raise. 

A real man of character has pride and gives his all for the people that gifted him the bountiful life that he lives. We literally made this clown's career (because its dreadfully obvious by now that he has no business coaching at this level of football) and yet even with the fame and millions of dollars we've gifted him - he gives you half-assed effort, and only enough to keep you "satiated" enough to be content. He has the audacity to come out game after game and tell you that you should be happy with what he's providing.

BOOM!! Perfectly said 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He is a good athlete but a sandlot QB. He is at his best when plays breakdown.

This is the key to why Bo is starting, Malzahn’s passing offense seems to have just one read and if that isn’t there you need a QB that is at his best when the play breaks down.  Time for a change.

4 hours ago, metafour said:

Never been a more truthful statement than that right there. Many don't want to hear that, but props to you for saying it. 

9 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Remain positive, test negative!

Archived