Fire Gus

TitanTiger

It’s past time to move on. Tired is seeing talented QBs not get developed. Tired of whiffing on top tier offensive linemen. Tired of an offensive guru fielding struggling offenses. Tired of 4 and 5 losses a season being the norm. 

Someone at Auburn, sack up and make the call. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Haven't we seen this topic before????

I don't know, I am new here but I know I have seen enough poorly coached games the past 8 years to know the folks deserve as many Fire Gus threads as they'd like.   They aren't wrong

1 minute ago, tigerman1186 said:

Haven't we seen this topic before????

Yes we have and we’ll probably see it again until he is fired.  Then there will be the opinion poll threads as to who will replace him. Can’t wait.

12 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I don't know, I am new here but I know I have seen enough poorly coached games the past 8 years to know the folks deserve as many Fire Gus threads as they'd like.   They aren't wrong

You may be new here but you must be here via the transfer portal because you posted this like a veteran.

...Oh and welcome!

I love auburn, went to school there , earned a degree and got involved in the community. Football and family are the 2 most important things. I appreciate all of the good things gus has done at auburn but it's time. We need a culture change.

I don't expect us to beat Georgia and Alabama every year but I do expect us to be competitive, haven't beaten Georgia in Athens since 2005, haven't even been competitive in Athens under gus 4 tries. I expect us to compete for sec championships and at least a new years 6 bowl but that's not how we roll under Gus. It's time. 

There's people old enough to vote who have never experienced an Auburn win in Red Stick.

Next year there will be people able to drive who have never experienced an Auburn win in Athens.

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You may be new here but you must be here via the transfer portal because you posted this like a veteran. 

I am going to take that as a compliment, so forgive me if its sarcasm.  I haven't been on a message board in a long time.  haha

I was the one person years ago posting Gus' hiring was not a good move, then, the Fire Gus threads in other forums.  I quit posting on forums years ago because I realized the futility in it, and I have better ways to spend my time.  I won't go in to detail but early on in Gus' tenure I knew a lot about what was happening on the inside, while it wasn't a dumpster fire, it was apparent Auburn would not be elite with him as a HC.  Gus simply is not HC material.  I'm sure there are coaches here that may know what I am talking about but Gus isn't well received nor respected in the coaching community.   His ego is the size of Texas, and his willingness to learn, change, adapt is absolutely zero.

I despise bama as much as anyone, maybe more than anyone, but the truth is Saban doesn't have nearly the ego that Gus has.  He hires quality folks, then lets them do their job.  Hell, Mel Tucker changed Saban's entire philosophy on defensive personal and offensive recruiting.   Again, to adapt to the changes in how the game is played.   That will never happen with Gus.  Not opinion, facts!

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

There's people old enough to vote who have never experienced an Auburn win in Red Stick.

Next year there will be people able to drive who have never experienced an Auburn win in Athens.

Soon enough they'll be drinking age to cope with these realities 

Just now, Zeek said:

Soon enough they'll be drinking age to cope with these realities 

Zero excuse for another loss in Red Stick next year.

2 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I am going to take that as a compliment, so forgive me if its sarcasm.  I haven't been on a message board in a long time.  haha

I was the one person years ago posting Gus' hiring was not a good move, then, the Fire Gus threads in other forums.  I quit posting on forums years ago because I realized the futility in it, and I have better ways to spend my time.  I won't go in to detail but early on in Gus' tenure I knew a lot about what was happening on the inside, while it wasn't a dumpster fire, it was apparent Auburn would not be elite with him as a HC.  Gus simply is not HC material.  I'm sure there are coaches here that may know what I am talking about but Gus isn't well received nor respected in the coaching community.   His ego is the size of Texas, and his willingness to learn, change, adapt is absolutely zero.

I despise bama as much as anyone, maybe more than anyone, but the truth is Saban doesn't have nearly the ego that Gus has.  He hires quality folks, then lets them do their job.  Hell, Mel Tucker changed Saban's entire philosophy on defensive personal and offensive recruiting.   Again, to adapt to the changes in how the game is played.   That will never happen with Gus.  Not opinion, facts!

Wasn't sarcasm at at. Keep posting please. 

2 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Wish I could give you a like for this. I was never on board with the hiring, either. Can't remember if I posted it to the forum or not. I also didn't have any inside information, just a gut feeling that Gus was only ever good because of the talent (Cam Netwon/Nick Marshall). Watching him hire people who just weren't qualified for the positions they had was enough to solidify my opinion. Instead of surrounding himself with people that were more experienced to make up for his inexperience, he hired former players that wouldn't say "no" to him.

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Thats more of a reflection of our defense not giving the offense possessions

I'm not here to argue, but you cannot be serious about possessions.   We had a possession to end the first half that we gave up.  Going 3 & out or only getting one 1st down per drive, and no points doesn't help the defense either.   Our defense is bad, we have 2 guys that have taken 95% of the snaps this season at MLB'er.  D-line recruiting has been off, but not nearly as bad as O-line recruiting which is directly on Gus.  Hell, it's all on the HC.   Just listen to any competent HC, they take responsibility for everything, good, bad, indifferent.   Gus has, and never will, take responsibility.

a&m's defense is bad, no excuse for not scoring 30.  Best way to hide a bad defense is to keep the offense on the field, and get TD's not kick field goals.  Gus is an offense guy his offense should be A+.  Even the best defenses in the game give up chunks of yards, and points these days.  Offense have to score, period.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Wish I could give you a like for this. I was never on board with the hiring, either. Can't remember if I posted it to the forum or not. I also didn't have any inside information, just a gut feeling that Gus was only ever good because of the talent (Cam Netwon/Nick Marshall). Watching him hire people who just weren't qualified for the positions they had was enough to solidify my opinion. Instead of surrounding himself with people that were more experienced to make up for his inexperience, he hired former players that wouldn't say "no" to him.

You are right on every point

We're 5-4

Unranked 

40th ranked recruiting class

Gus has never won on the road against our 3 biggest rivals and never less than double digits against Bama 

7 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Thank you, sir!

I knew I liked you when you agreed with me on Freeze. I like people who agree with me on things.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I knew I liked you when you agreed with me on Freeze. I like people who agree with me on things.

Can't disagree with Nacho Libre, that would be criminal.  Nachoooooooo.  haha

Archived