Fire Gus

TitanTiger

If I had my way, I’d fire Gus tonight offer Chad the job at a better pay than he’s getting now with the opportunity to prove his self next year and earn his way to a permanent position. Stop setting up these ridiculous buyouts. Let the guy earn his way into security. Unless the guy you want is willing to come. But even then, no crazy buyout. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

If I had my way, I’d fire Gus tonight offer Chad the job at a better pay than he’s getting now with the opportunity to prove his self next year and earn his way to a permanent position. Stop setting up these ridiculous buyouts. Let the guy earn his way into security. Unless the guy you want is willing to come. But even then, no crazy buyout. 

So hire the guy that created our pathetic offense this year and was run off from Arkansas?  What the hell are you drinking?  It should be illegal.

6 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

I agree with every part of your sentiment except the Chad Morris part. He has yet to do anything worth while against a good defense. 

9 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

No Chad.

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I agree with every part of your sentiment except the Chad Morris part. He has yet to do anything worth while against a good defense. 

I agree but who do you get to come in at this point for less money. IMO he has more talent than he did at Ark. Not sure the answer but Gus is not. 

1 minute ago, C'viewTiger said:

I agree but who do you get to come in at this point for less money. IMO he has more talent than he did at Ark. Not sure the answer but Gus is not. 

You don't. If you're forking over 20+ million to get rid of Gus, you go ahead and hire someone for 3+ million a year because saving money quit being a priority a long, long time ago. 

3 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

But I guess the answer would be Kevin Steele if I were choosing a coordinator to take the reigns in a "prove it" year. Morris appears to have slowed down an already frustrating slow offense. 

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

You don't. If you're forking over 20+ million to get rid of Gus, you go ahead and hire someone for 3+ million a year because saving money quit being a priority a long, long time ago. 

It’s not the 3M that bothers me. It’s the crazy buyouts. I have a problem with paying anyone that can’t perform...

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

But I guess the answer would be Kevin Steele if I were choosing a coordinator to take the reigns in a "prove it" year. Morris appears to have slowed down an already frustrating slow offense. 

For some reason I didn’t even think of KS. 👍🏽

14 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

Chad is a worse HC than Gus. Huh?

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

No Steele.

Screw that. Chad Morris can gtfo too. Promote Steele or Gardner. Let them coach the game against Miss St, hire an actual good coach and let him decide whether to keep the rest of them. Promote Chad Morris! Bah! What an awful f’ing idea! No disrespect to you, personally.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Glad people are starting to realize what I've been concerned about for years.

Oh, they're going to do it.  It's so JABA, it's inevitable. 

I'm just laying down a firm foundation for some intense 'I Told you so' moments later on.  

15 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Most importantly, we don't have the numbers to rotate Dlineman like in the past.  The defense held their own in the first half but you can't have the same 11 guys play spend that much time on the field and not expect them to fall apart in the 2nd half.  There is zero rotation along the line and at linebacker.  The offense had to score points.  

We had the lead in the 3rd quarter. We had 4 drives of 70+ yards in this game. It’s not like the D was on the field the whole time because the O did not produce the first 3 quarters. The defense is just terrible. We gave up 300 yards rushing, 500 yards overall. USC, TN (dude had 178 yards rushing in the game). 
Also recruiting, we have lost talented d linemen because they transferred or are booted over the last year. That is a major reason we can’t sub. Players, like big Kat etc, are not good. Steele is a good DC, but he has checked out this whole year. The defensive players are slow and soft and out of position. 

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Oh, they're going to do it.  It's so JABA, it's inevitable. 

I'm just laying down a firm foundation for some intense 'I Told you so' moments later on.  

What I meant was that I was never as high on CKS as others were. I've been wrong on PEEEE-LENTY, but one thing I wasn't on was by suspicion that Boom built the defenses we enjoyed the last four years.

Wish he could've swallowed his pride and realized after his stint at Florida that defensive coordinating was his calling. Both of us would've been better off.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bruh I was not expecting that to be so good lol. The booms got me good. What a guy he is smh.

I’m at the pint where I dislike Auburn as a whole. Our leadership is bad, our stadium is old and neglected, the leadership hired Leath in secrecy, malzahn got paid $50 million.

Really concerning issues going on.

Just now, TigerFanAU said:

I’m at the pint where I dislike Auburn as a whole. Our leadership is bad, our stadium is old and neglected, the leadership hired Leath in secrecy, malzahn got paid $50 million.

Really concerning issues going on.

Yep. Just clean house. 

6 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

dont look now but some folks are already projecting  Auburn/UAB in the birmingham bowl on Jan. 1 congrats Gus i guess we know where your third bowl win is coming from

If that happens I’m done with football, 100% until Gus is gone. 

9F435E3E-3467-4740-9D88-140948FEEF4E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

dont look now but some folks are already projecting  Auburn/UAB in the birmingham bowl on Jan. 1 congrats Gus i guess we know where your third bowl win is coming from

A win in that scenario would piss me off more than a loss.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

A win in that scenario would piss me off more than a loss.

Oh you think that. But could you imagine the **** show in the state of Alabama if we lost to UAB?! Auburn would have to just disband it’s football program. The Tide would never let us live that down. 

Archived