Fire Gus

TitanTiger

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It’s past time to move on. Tired is seeing talented QBs not get developed. Tired of whiffing on top tier offensive linemen. Tired of an offensive guru fielding struggling offenses. Tired of 4 and 5 losses a season being the norm. 

Someone at Auburn, sack up and make the call. 

One of the few posts of yours I can agree with 👏🏼

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

He got what he wanted in security and money. Jacob's made sure of that. Now his ego won't let him see he is not successful or capable. If the powers that be don't do something we have lost generations now and in the future. His offense looks slow motion and predictable to all SEC.

I love Auburn but I have never felt this frustrated or powerless and hopeless.

I feel you. I’m as apathetic as one can be. I haven’t cared about this season at all and I’m completely numb to it all. It’s sad but  this dude got me to this point. Gus played auburn like a fiddle. Used us for leverage for that Arkansas offer and continued to screw us with no vaseline. Omg if I see one person with a woe is me attitude when he finally gets the boot I might lose it. He will get his money and more than likely another job meanwhile we will be stuck in a rut and there’s no telling how long it’ll take to get out of it but I will gain solace in the fact that he won’t be there and I won’t have to look at his stupid face on the sidelines.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh you think that. But could you imagine the **** show in the state of Alabama if we lost to UAB?! Auburn would have to just disband it’s football program. The Tide would never let us live that down. 

Yes, but at very least it would be perhaps THE catalyst for a change.

@WFE12: The worst part is he was playing that game with us THE WEEK OF THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP.

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yes, but at very least it would be perhaps THE catalyst for a change.

@WFE12: The worst part is he was playing that game with us THE WEEK OF THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP.

Extremely disrespectful. I’ve felt this way for a long time. Every year they bring him back is like a literal slap to the face. We’re just supposed to keep rooting for the team and they know that the fans will show up every year no matter what because they love auburn and would never really put pressure on the PTB. I’m done. Been done. You probably wouldn’t believe me but I wasn’t blinded by 2017 I have always wanted him gone since 2015.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Extremely disrespectful. I’ve felt this way for a long time. Every year they bring him back is like a literal slap to the face. We’re just supposed to keep rooting for the team and they know that the fans will show up every year no matter what because they love auburn and would never really put pressure on the PTB. I’m done. Been done. You probably wouldn’t believe me but I wasn’t blinded by 2017 I have always wanted him gone since 2015.

I believe you. You may be as weird as kyrie with your personality but you are spot TF on and always have since I have known you about Gus. You and mr @fredst who wanted AU to let gus walk his ass to Fayetteville. Even after we beat georgia and bama twice in 3 weeks. I wish I could say the same for me. But dang it I got bamboozled!!! Lol. 

since you have got a good coach bs detector. Who do you want to replace high school?

I had no problem with a 1 or 2 year extension back then.  Then Leath says hold my beer and busts out 7 years at 49mm.  I don't know of anyone who felt that was justified. 

9 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I do.

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

I’m at the pint where I dislike Auburn as a whole. Our leadership is bad, our stadium is old and neglected, the leadership hired Leath in secrecy, malzahn got paid $50 million.

Really concerning issues going on.

Welcome. I’m at the 4th or 5th pint. 

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I believe you. You may be as weird as kyrie with your personality but you are spot TF on and always have since I have known you about Gus. You and mr @fredst who wanted AU to let gus walk his ass to Fayetteville. Even after we beat georgia and bama twice in 3 weeks. I wish I could say the same for me. But dang it I got bamboozled!!! Lol. 

since you have got a good coach bs detector. Who do you want to replace high school?

stoops/ venerable/ Campbell/ Hugh/Clark/Napier

2 hours ago, C'viewTiger said:

If I had my way, I’d fire Gus tonight offer Chad the job at a better pay than he’s getting now with the opportunity to prove his self next year and earn his way to a permanent position. Stop setting up these ridiculous buyouts. Let the guy earn his way into security. Unless the guy you want is willing to come. But even then, no crazy buyout. 

Blank.Stare.😶

26 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Blank.Stare.😶

There's no way I just read his post correctly.  I can't fathom that kind of stupidity being real.

he should be fired today for saying 6-4 is a solid season , yes he actually said during his postgame interview yesterday he said "7-3 was the goal but now 6-4 would be considered a solid season"

9 hours ago, jmcrosson said:

After the post-game presser, I’m beside myself that he still has a job. 

anyone that thinks 6-4 is a solid season (referring to Gus statement in post game press )   needs his sanity checked i think Gus knows his time is borrowed  and is just waiting to get his pink slip soon if not this year then definitely next year

18 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

anyone that thinks 6-4 is a solid season (referring to Gus statement in post game press )   needs his sanity checked i think Gus knows his time is borrowed  and is just waiting to get his pink slip soon if not this year then definitely next year

Auburn can't afford to bring Gus back next year, Arkansas is 3-6 and they are better than us. I would feel better as an Arkansas fan for next year than an Auburn fan, we have nothing to look forward to for next year unless we have a new coach.

25 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Auburn can't afford to bring Gus back next year, Arkansas is 3-6 and they are better than us. I would feel better as an Arkansas fan for next year than an Auburn fan, we have nothing to look forward to for next year unless we have a new coach.

And the Hogs are currently ahead of our recruiting class. Not that it means much at this point, but it's true.

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

There's no way I just read his post correctly.  I can't fathom that kind of stupidity being real.

I think his heart is in the right place, though.

16 hours ago, USATiger said:

I am going to take that as a compliment, so forgive me if its sarcasm.  I haven't been on a message board in a long time.  haha

I was the one person years ago posting Gus' hiring was not a good move, then, the Fire Gus threads in other forums.  I quit posting on forums years ago because I realized the futility in it, and I have better ways to spend my time.  I won't go in to detail but early on in Gus' tenure I knew a lot about what was happening on the inside, while it wasn't a dumpster fire, it was apparent Auburn would not be elite with him as a HC.  Gus simply is not HC material.  I'm sure there are coaches here that may know what I am talking about but Gus isn't well received nor respected in the coaching community.   His ego is the size of Texas, and his willingness to learn, change, adapt is absolutely zero.

I despise bama as much as anyone, maybe more than anyone, but the truth is Saban doesn't have nearly the ego that Gus has.  He hires quality folks, then lets them do their job.  Hell, Mel Tucker changed Saban's entire philosophy on defensive personal and offensive recruiting.   Again, to adapt to the changes in how the game is played.   That will never happen with Gus.  Not opinion, facts!

Like you I haven’t posted on this site for various reasons. Being a retired HS coach and principal plus two Auburn degrees I love Auburn not just Auburn Football! Secondly follow and coach “The Auburn Creed”!

I was never comfortable with Gus being hired as a proven head college coach. He lacked the time tested experience on the collegiate level in learning all aspects of this profession.  High school coaches are not recruiters to level of assessing prospects and extensive player development! It requires years of learning and endless coaching clinics! Talent level has drastically dropped and with this season’s ten game schedule it shedded light on the program’s true weaknesses. These are just two aspects lacking with his coaching background. Small private high school ball is where he belongs or small school coordinator.

Why is Coach Nick Saban successful? Research his past and his philosophy to always seek in improving daily and engaging others whom are proven individuals with success and leadership!

My heart hurts for these wonderful athletes sacrificing their God given talents hoping to experience success and gain strong player development towards the next level of ball playing in the pros.

17 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Wish I could give you a like for this. I was never on board with the hiring, either. Can't remember if I posted it to the forum or not. I also didn't have any inside information, just a gut feeling that Gus was only ever good because of the talent (Cam Netwon/Nick Marshall). Watching him hire people who just weren't qualified for the positions they had was enough to solidify my opinion. Instead of surrounding himself with people that were more experienced to make up for his inexperience, he hired former players that wouldn't say "no" to him.

I'll give him credit for using the rules to turn match ups in his favor early on.  But when the rules changed allowing the D to substitute when the O did, he did not evolve.

18 hours ago, USATiger said:

I am going to take that as a compliment, so forgive me if its sarcasm.  I haven't been on a message board in a long time.  haha

I was the one person years ago posting Gus' hiring was not a good move, then, the Fire Gus threads in other forums.  I quit posting on forums years ago because I realized the futility in it, and I have better ways to spend my time.  I won't go in to detail but early on in Gus' tenure I knew a lot about what was happening on the inside, while it wasn't a dumpster fire, it was apparent Auburn would not be elite with him as a HC.  Gus simply is not HC material.  I'm sure there are coaches here that may know what I am talking about but Gus isn't well received nor respected in the coaching community.   His ego is the size of Texas, and his willingness to learn, change, adapt is absolutely zero.

I despise bama as much as anyone, maybe more than anyone, but the truth is Saban doesn't have nearly the ego that Gus has.  He hires quality folks, then lets them do their job.  Hell, Mel Tucker changed Saban's entire philosophy on defensive personal and offensive recruiting.   Again, to adapt to the changes in how the game is played.   That will never happen with Gus.  Not opinion, facts!

A lot of truth there. I know we all resent Nick and his wins and accuse him of cheating but truth is Nick wins because he treats football as a business ( which it has become) . Gus on the other hand treats it like high-school would. Just fun and games and no big deal if you win or lose. When Nick recruits a player he talks about business and getting to the next level for these players. He lets them know if they come to uat to expect to work their tails off without a coach telling them too. He teaches to leave emotions in the locker room Because they cloud up your decision making  ability. His players look at games as future employment interviews. Say what you want but it has become successful for uat. That why I prefer to go after an NFL guy. Just like Nick recruiting will come with success on the field . 

38 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I'll give him credit for using the rules to turn match ups in his favor early on.  But when the rules changed allowing the D to substitute when the O did, he did not evolve.

Exactly good coaches evolve with the game because the game definitely evolves. If you don’t you will be a loser .

4 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Some may criticize my loyalty, but I won't watch a game if Gus returns next year. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Some may criticize my loyalty, but I won't watch a game if Gus returns next year. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

Same. I’m done with it. It’s a big giant waste of a Saturday. I don’t even want to see his face on the sidelines anymore. I do want one of those hats though. I wish nothing but the worst on Underarmor for not making those hats. 

END IT NOW!!!! FLOOD THE AD WITH EVERY POSSIBLE COMMUNICATION YOU CAN! PLEASE END THIS 

Archived