Fire Gus

TitanTiger

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What f’ing championships?! This guy is delusional! He hasn’t won **** since 2013.

Exactly. We had senior laden offensive and defensive lines in 2019 and all we got was 9-4 and the same song and dance. " The future is bright", "we're fixin ta", "so and sos a great young man", "we have unfinished business". Gd it, this is a cross being being maddening and infuriating. It's like a cross between purgatory and the movie Groundhog Day. Please someone end this slow death. 

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Freeze turned down the USC East offer, so their is at least hope.

Yeah not a surprise he didn't want to downgrade lol

On 12/5/2020 at 5:48 PM, AUsince72 said:

I just wanted to make a small cameo appearance in an official "fire gus" thread.  

Outside of football and politics, I pray y'all are doing well and (for those with families) making the most the time you have with them and (for those without) making the most of your time and enjoying life.

Not sure what was expected of this bizarre scrimmage of a season but I'd still be shocked if Gus gets fired.  But I hope he does, for y'alls sakes, and the PTB make a great hire for you.

We're in TN, enjoying the seasonal weather....well, the girls & I are, anyway.  Not my wife so much, although she is enjoying being closer to family.

Ruby & Emme even saw their first snow the other day!!

Alright, I've interrupted the regularly scheduled venting enough.  For those so inclined, please pray for us as I begin a new chemo treatment on the 14th.  My cancer is very advanced at this point (I'm in a lot of pain in my liver & kidneys now) but I also know nothing's too tough for Our Lord.

Y'alls prayers have been powerful for me in the past.  I thank you!

God bless, War Eagle & go get Cristobal!!!

So glad to see you post. Prayers up for ya brother.

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I bet he counts the 2017 divisional win as a championship. 

Don't forget the Birmingham Bowl Championship. 

33 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This s*** is like "Groundhog Day"...Is this real?...Screw football.... I am a big Mike Leach fan, not just for football, and I can enjoy myself just listening to his interviews and press conferences. I sure won't be able to enjoy AU football if this turns out to be fact

No matter how we feel, Gus will be HC through 2021 minimum. 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

So who is it that needs to fire him? Is it AD Greene? Why can’t you just say it? 

Are you under some odd impression that I’m holding back?  And did you need to quote me three times to get it across?

AD Allen Greene will be the one to make it official but he (or any other Auburn AD in recent history) won’t do that until/unless the PTB with the $$$ step up and give him the go ahead  

How about just spit out whatever point you wish to make?

Are you an insider or just guessing? Because if this is true Auburn football will probably need a decade to recover from having a lame duck coach.

18 minutes ago, WarTim said:

No matter how we feel, Gus will be HC through 2021 minimum. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

What.A.Load.Of.BULLCRAP!!! He's delusional living in a fantasy world.

The good news is that it sets an easier precedent to do the deed if we don't reach BARE MINIMUM 2019 levels (nine wins, a win over UAT or UGA--but even that's the BARE MINIMUM...of course that probably ensures that's exactly what we'll do). Didn't Tubs guarantee a NC before 2003?

1 hour ago, AUBourne said:

Are you an insider or just guessing? Because if this is true Auburn football will probably need a decade to recover from having a lame duck coach.

Very true. Unfortunately we've had a lame duck for basically 5 years now. 

59 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The good news is that it sets an easier precedent to do the deed if we don't reach BARE MINIMUM 2019 levels (nine wins, a win over UAT or UGA--but even that's the BARE MINIMUM...of course that probably ensures that's exactly what we'll do). Didn't Tubs guarantee a NC before 2003?

Tubs is and always has been be a politician. No way hed make a guarantee like that. Then of course when we have no expectations and have a dream season in 2004, he uses that as his go to talking point fir the rest of hi career whenever he underachieved. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I bet he counts the 2017 divisional win as a championship. 

I wouldn’t be surprised. What a effing loser, man. Good grief.

52 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Tubs is and always has been be a politician. No way hed make a guarantee like that. Then of course when we have no expectations and have a dream season in 2004, he uses that as his go to talking point fir the rest of hi career whenever he underachieved. 

Nevermind, he said that 2003 was the best team he ever had. I misremembered.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:51 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I believe you. You may be as weird as kyrie with your personality but you are spot TF on and always have since I have known you about Gus. You and mr @fredst who wanted AU to let gus walk his ass to Fayetteville. Even after we beat georgia and bama twice in 3 weeks. I wish I could say the same for me. But dang it I got bamboozled!!! Lol. 

since you have got a good coach bs detector. Who do you want to replace high school?

Don’t care who as long as it’s not him.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:50 PM, nixtosanders94 said:

Good to see you here 72.  God Bless.

20 hours ago, AU70 said:

Praying for you and your family Brother! Our God is a healer.

17 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Think about you and your family often bro. Glad the move went well, and that your wife is enjoying being closer to family. 

I will certainly be praying for you as you go through chemo. 

16 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So glad to see you post. Prayers up for ya brother.

Thank you so much my friends.  And to all others who tagged me or are praying privately, thank you too...so much!  Some days I'm strong and some days I'm pathetically weak.  But HE is always my source of strength and I'm trusting HIM now more than ever! 

2020 has been such a bizarre (and often bad) year to many...maybe most...but it HAS had one very positive effect.  I definitely have been keeping my thoughts & efforts on what's truly important.....at least lately anyway. 

Sure, I've been caught up in things I shouldn't have, such as politics & fear and I truly regret it.  I've discussed things & given opinions that I wish I had just kept to myself.  There are much more important things and 2020 has been a wakeup call for us Christians to trust Our Lord and try to be Light in the darkness.  I've certainly failed a few times (maybe many) and for that, I'm sorry.  God bless!

Okay, and just to post on subject, though I have not actually seen any AU football this year due to Gus-pathy as well as having bigger fish to fry, I just wanted to note I've 99% wanted him gone since the '16 whirly-bird game, 100% wanted him gone since the '17 LSU debacle, and though he kinda-sorta fooled me after the thUga & bammer games, I realized he wasn't "in it, to win it" when the week of the SECCG all the headlines were about contract negotiations and not about championship preparations (which the 2.0 game bared out).  ....and it's been the same ol' same ol' ever since.  The only thing I can think as to why he's still the HC is the REC must have infiltrated the Auburn PTB, LOL!!!

War Cristobal!!!

4 hours ago, AubWes33 said:

I have this weird feeling that Gus is actually going to be fired, and I don't think the miss state game is going to matter. Just a gut feeling. 

Nah that’s the bgs bruh

C81E2548-FE84-4B11-B3F4-FFADAE926412.jpeg

Tired of the freaking beta attitude of the head coach and some fans. A new face is needed. Players like Schwartz know it too. Guarantee they speak amongst themselves about this.

Archived