What a real coach looks like

WarEagle1982

The argument against Allen seems to be a lot like the one that was against Mullen when it comes to on-field success.

Now Mullen got a job at a power school and is playing for the SEC championship the playoffs and coached a kid who was a freaking high school 2nd stringer up to a Heisman favorite. And the knock on his recruiting has been overblown as he's on the verge of locking up a 3rd straight top 10 class. 

An 8 win season is not the same accomplishment at every school. Being competitive at Miss State is a sign of good coaching. Same goes for Indiana. 

I'm not advocating for Allen because I don't know anything about him, but his success relative to what can be reasonably expected at Indiana is enough to dig further and see if he'd be a good fit

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm not advocating for Allen because I don't know anything about him, but his success relative to what can be reasonably expected at Indiana is enough to dig further and see if he'd be a good fit

Don't disagree that what he is doing at Indiana, relative to their history, is wonderful. He's doing a good job there. 

That said, it's tough to evaluate coaches on what they are doing in 2020, especially in the Big 10. Tom Allen is a good story, but I'm not sold that he's a good prospect for a program like Auburn. 

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Don't disagree that what he is doing at Indiana, relative to their history, is wonderful. He's doing a good job there. 

That said, it's tough to evaluate coaches on what they are doing in 2020, especially in the Big 10. Tom Allen is a good story, but I'm not sold that he's a good prospect for a program like Auburn. 

That's fair, like I said I know next to nothing about the guy. And of course the 2020 effect is very real. I can't lie though I haven't caught any of Indiana's games so I don't even know what his philosophy or brand even is.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That's fair, like I said I know next to nothing about the guy. And of course the 2020 effect is very real. I can't lie though I haven't caught any of Indiana's games so I don't even know what his philosophy or brand even is.

Me either

Archived