Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

I know we have some on the board. Would love to hear the feelings around the program regarding Gus and a coaching move.

Does anybody powerful still back Gus? Are any boosters offering to pony up the buyout? How does Greene feel? Are the players aware Saturday could be it? Are you hearing any candidate names?

Any and all info would be welcome. Haven't seen much from those directly in the know lately.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to pretend to be an insider but I do think it's just a little suspicious that Greene and Gouge haven't said anything publicly with signing day right around the corner. Greene came out in 2018 the last time we went down this road and said Gus was his guy for the future. 

7 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'm not going to pretend to be an insider but I do think it's just a little suspicious that Greene and Gouge haven't said anything publicly with signing day right around the corner. Greene came out in 2018 the last time we went down this road and said Gus was his guy for the future. 

This is true. And we know Gus heard some of the criticism of his ridiculous comment with how he responded today so you have to figure Greene had heard it too.  Maybe he is waiting for the storm to die down. 

40 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So the fact he brought up what he said about it being a "solid season" tells me he felt some kind of heat from that. What do you guys think? 

That facial expression before even playing the video really says it all

1 minute ago, fredst said:

You mean the expression that says ho, hum, I'm a millionaire either way...have zero accountability from the spineless shot callers, and life is just peachy as puddin'?

48 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So the fact he brought up what he said about it being a "solid season" tells me he felt some kind of heat from that. What do you guys think? 

He absolutely feels the heat. I’m sure there are several people in the program that saw what he said yesterday and are like “what in the $&%# did you say? 6-4 is good?” 
The fact that that he had to clarify says everything. He knows he is going down. It seems though that most people predict it will not happen this year. However if he loses to Mississippi State, he may be in trouble.

Oh by the way he also said that Mississippi State had an extra week to prepare for us. He’s already making excuses.

i really dont know what anyone can expect  to hear from  Greene or Gouge other than "yeah Gus is back next year" its rare that an AD or university prez announces someone being fired until it actually happens

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Thanks for summarizing. I just couldn't listen to the man even order  a pizza anymore. 

Wow! What softball questions the reporters asked him! Why don’t they ask him if he thinks he is giving Auburn $6.7 million of effort or why has our defense played so poorly the past two games or why he has such a poor record against ranked teams?

44 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

i really dont know what anyone can expect  to hear from  Greene or Gouge other than "yeah Gus is back nrxt year" its rare that an AD or university prez announces someone being fired until it actually happens

And we’re not going to fire him before the last game of the season either when his buyout should reduce shortly thereafter. 

However, that doesn’t mean we aren’t already in contact with potential replacements. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

The edible must be kicking in. 

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Wow! What softball questions the reporters asked him! Why don’t they ask him if he thinks he is giving Auburn $6.7 million of effort or why has our defense played so poorly the past two games or why he has such a poor record against ranked teams?

This has driven me nuts for years. I get they want to play nice to keep access but dang man. 

I don't think he would be fired before the end of the season period. I just felt like him coming out and saying that...it gave me the impression that a conversation was had. JMPO

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

He knows he is going down. It seems though that most people predict it will not happen this year.

Then that means he isn't going down. A new year is another chance to redeem himself. If he screws around and wins 9 next year he'll stay alive to produce more mind numbing mediocrity.

We need to fire him now. We only dig a deeper hole for our program by putting it off. No more chances. He's had too many already.

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

i really dont know what anyone can expect  to hear from  Greene or Gouge other than "yeah Gus is back nrxt year" its rare that an AD or university prez announces someone being fired until it actually happens

Of course not. Thus the purpose of insider info - the title of the thread. Nobody will say anything publicly but obviously there's a ton going on right now behind the scenes. 

I dont know anything (summary of my life) but i take his repeated “next year” phrase as a means of his own job protection. Hes trying to sell to everyone that hes GONNA be here next year and he WANTS to be here next year. It is not a certainty IMO. I am not an insider this is just me reading between the lines

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Idk if it’s just because many of the major reporters for this team have no reserves about kissing ass, but I’d imagine Gus and the AD have a pretty low tolerance for “BS questions”, specifically Gus. 

Not happening this year in my opinion. 

Don't get too ecstatic when he is let go. We have to see who our lovely administration hires too. I don't put it past them to bring in a Will Muschamp because he's worked here before.

Archived