Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

23 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I've had a premium sub to ITAT since the Cam thing broke and now through the merger with AUC. There's ppl on there that must be living in an alternate universe with the full throated Gus support. It's weird. Mark and Jason are keeping me there. Phil Marshall is ehhhhhh. 

I SWEAR P Marsh just recycles the same 3 or 4 articles every year and just tweaks the headline a little! They all seem exactly the same to me. I really see no value to what he brings.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O BTW a mod for South Alabama 247 site has said T Will has expressed interest in wanting the South Alabama Job. 

27 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'll still be shocked if he gets fired. The whole "he got fired this morning but no one knows yet" doesn't pass the smell test for me. Plus losing a competitive game against TX A&M sure as heck won't get him fired if getting blown out by bama didn't do it. Hope i'm wrong but if i was a betting man i'd bet on Gus coaching this weekend

I never believed he was going to be fired before the season. Gus coaching This weekend's game? Yes. Next year? ........

My friend is pretty confident he won't be our coach this time next week. Also believes Cristobal is the pick so take it for what it's worth lol.

Just putting logs on the fire.

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Marshall kills me. He never takes a stance on anything. Like, even his latest article is straddling the fence. "Is it time for Gus to go? Maybe. 🤷‍♂️"

THEY. ARE. ALWAYS. THE. SAME. I cannot stand that dude and click bait Ron Sanders.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

THEY. ARE. ALWAYS. THE. SAME. I cannot stand that dude and click bait Ron Sanders.

I hate to be rude but physically speaking that dude is painful to look at... he needs to retire lol

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Also believes Cristobal is the pick so take it for what it's worth lol.

Better beat Texas to that punch then.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is the circle of PM:

• Preseason - "We are something special"
  • Offseason - "Some great things are happening, but I won't tell you what, and I sure as heck won't tell you what it means by taking a firm stand on an issue."
  • Create optimism of the season- "We are going to win it all this year unless realistic items 1,2,3 happen" 
    • 1,2,3 - always happen
  • First loss - "We are young. Give it time"
  • Second loss - "The fans are expecting too much. Who set the bar this high?"
  • We win a few - "We just need to continue evaluating and tweaking the program even though that is what the coaching staff is supposed to be doing all year."
  • Third-??? losses - "There is obviously something wrong in the program, but I won't say what cause I need the insider label to still get paid. Is it the coach? Is it the players? We'll find out on the next episode of Auburn Ball Z."
  • End of season - "Man it was rough. I can't believe those things that everyone saw coming happened. Next year will be special"

Rinse and repeat every year. No true nuggets of wisdom come from him. 

1 minute ago, Scottie said:

It is the circle of PM:

• Preseason - "We are something special"
  • Offseason - "Some great things are happening, but I won't tell you what, and I sure as heck won't tell you what it means by taking a firm stand on an issue."
  • Create optimism of the season- "We are going to win it all this year unless realistic items 1,2,3 happen" 
    • 1,2,3 - always happen
  • First loss - "We are young. Give it time"
  • Second loss - "The fans are expecting too much. Who set the bar this high?"
  • Third-??? losses - "There is obviously something wrong in the program, but I won't say what cause I need the insider label to still get paid. Is it the coach? Is it the players? We'll find out on the next episode of Auburn Ball Z."
  • End of season - "Man it was rough. I can't believe those things that everyone saw coming happened. Next year will be special"

Rinse and repeat every year. No true nuggets of wisdom come from him. 

I do regret not waiting to get a pay sub. Had I read these posts, and took a look at the headers on both places, I would have declined or went with Rivals

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I never believed he was going to be fired before the season. Gus coaching This weekend's game? Yes. Next year? ........

You better hope he’s not here next year, because you won’t be able to share in the misery with us on here. I haven’t forgotten! 

C0D070B2-AB8A-4C1C-BE4B-B99C0160C06C.gif

4 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

tenor-5.gif

monkey+gif.gif

I do not appreciate you posting actual footage of me at work, checking Aufamily.

Please remove this.

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

My friend is pretty confident he won't be our coach this time next week. Also believes Cristobal is the pick so take it for what it's worth lol.

and my wife thinks he will return...

Hate to be sarcastic, but we all have an opinion.   Is your friend connected to the program or hearing from anyone inside? 

To me, the fact Allen isn't  saying anything might be telling us something.    But he is not quick to make any statement.

For real though...my wife works with someone married to an athletic department employee. She routinely gets updates on the program, and I’m definitely asking her to see if her coworker knows anything. 

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

9958383.gif

Like seriously... this guy more or less represents us

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

and my wife thinks he will return...

Hate to be sarcastic, but we all have an opinion.   Is your friend connected to the program or hearing from anyone inside? 

To me, the fact Allen isn't  saying anything might be telling us something.    But he is not quick to make any statement.

Just kicking the tires my guy. 

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I SWEAR P Marsh just recycles the same 3 or 4 articles every year and just tweaks the headline a little! They all seem exactly the same to me. I really see no value to what he brings.

Another thing is they always feature some sanctimonious and obvious take nobody asked for to: "Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I think our players work hard and deserve our support. These are still kids. And the men that coach them are human."

ByPhillip Marshall

5-6 minutes

AUBURN, Alabama - I am not in the business of evaluating coaches. I don’t know why a play works or doesn’t.  I don’t blame coaches when a quarterback makes a bad throw, a receiver drops a pass, a running back puts the ball on the ground, a defensive lineman gets blocked or a defensive back blows a coverage.

When you’ve  been a football sports writer for half a century, learned nothing about the game or coaches, and have no clear opinions on anything. That’s PM. 

25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You better hope he’s not here next year, because you won’t be able to share in the misery with us on here. I haven’t forgotten! 

C0D070B2-AB8A-4C1C-BE4B-B99C0160C06C.gif

I'm not no welcher. I got you fam!

The last i heard is that there’s legit buzz to replace, but there are a couple of key pegs that still think 2020 is an outlier and nothing will happen. The fact that people are even considering it is a big change.

18 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Nothings gonna happen

Finebaum has spoken and yep, that's what is gonna happen as far as firing Gus Malzahn. Nothing. Here's part of what Finebaum had to say...

"It reminds me of three years ago when we kept hearing the speculation. Let’s try to cut to the chase and talk about the reality. The administration is behind him. You have an athletic director who is all in. You have a president who is an interim and has been through this before Then you have a trustee and a group of boosters who want Gus Malzahn out. It’s really a matter of, do they want to spend the money? And secondly, do they have someone in mind?

You just cannot fire someone like Gus Malzahn, who is successful by record, and bring someone in without knowing what you’re doing. We see that all the time in the country. It usually makes the situation worse."

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

The last i heard is that there’s legit buzz to replace, but there are a couple of key pegs that still think 2020 is an outlier and nothing will happen. The fact that people are even considering it is a big change.

Which key pegs and how do we organize a camp out in their front yards?

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

How clueless can some of these pegs be?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Continue reading the thread @keesler. It gets better. Supposedly many big money people don't even care about football as WDE has said for a while.

And that’s not a bad thing for some people to not care about the football program. Some people forget that Auburn is a school first and football is way down the priority list for the university as a whole. 

Archived