Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

How clueless can some of these pegs be?

I wonder if the other boosters feel that since the contract and buyout were mainly Harbert's doing, he should be the one to write the big check now. If he doesn't agree, that could explain the holdup. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2020 is an outlier??? Where have they been the last 7 seasons? 4 losses is the norm, the only “outlier” is that we didn’t have cupcakes on the schedule to pad the win total.

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

How clueless can some of these pegs be?

“Outlier?” Is Lenny from Memento a secret member of our BOT?!

14 minutes ago, rophle said:

And that’s not a bad thing for some people to not care about the football program. Some people forget that Auburn is a school first and football is way down the priority list for the university as a whole. 

@rophlepeople may not like football but the reality is when it's going good it's also improving money & resources for the academics for any P5 university.  Even if they hate the sport they should care about its success given how much it helps the rest of the university, not to mention the city's economy. Therefore it should be high on the priority list.

25 minutes ago, rophle said:

And that’s not a bad thing for some people to not care about the football program. Some people forget that Auburn is a school first and football is way down the priority list for the university as a whole. 

Very true. But look up some articles on what Bama and Clemsons (and other top programs) recent football success had done the elevate the University brand on a national scale. There is not a more powerful marketing tool for a school. Not to mention the revenue. 

43 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

The last i heard is that there’s legit buzz to replace, but there are a couple of key pegs that still think 2020 is an outlier and nothing will happen. The fact that people are even considering it is a big change.

It's wild to think these big money guys think 7 out of 8 seasons are outliers. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

The only way it is an outlier is that we usually have at least one win over a team with a winning record, and usually have more than one in state recruiting commitment. 

50 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

ByPhillip Marshall

5-6 minutes

AUBURN, Alabama - I am not in the business of evaluating coaches. I don’t know why a play works or doesn’t.  I don’t blame coaches when a quarterback makes a bad throw, a receiver drops a pass, a running back puts the ball on the ground, a defensive lineman gets blocked or a defensive back blows a coverage.

Okay, question; WHY IN THE CRAP DO YOU EVEN WATCH AND COVER FOOTBALL THEN? "I don't know why a play works"?  or for that matter why it don't work...ETC...What a moron! (I don't watch Cricket or even care too, or for that matter even what the h..l is going on there. If I were a sports writer, why would I even want to cover Cricket?)

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Not so much wins and losses, but no spring practice, disrupted practice weeks and multiple players out. 

2020 being crazy coupled with the payout in a year with such loss in revenue...no movement. 

there are some good sources saying something is happening, I’m just not hearing it on my end. 

y’all asked...so...

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

O BTW a mod for South Alabama 247 site has said T Will has expressed interest in wanting the South Alabama Job. 

I was listening to the Boom O Bugg show today and he said that there was already talk about Tee Martin coming to USA. Take it for what it's worth.

9 minutes ago, cctiger said:

I was listening to the Boom O Bugg show today and he said that there was already talk about Tee Martin coming to USA. Take it for what it's worth.

South mod on 247 saying that tee martin is under fire by the NCAA for some shady recruiting stuff the NCAA is looking in to that is hurting his candidacy. That and his failure the one time he got to call plays as a oc at USC.

FWIW, I have heard Gus is gone on Sunday win or lose. Word is the solid year comment got everyone on the same page. Have also heard that Cristobal and Freeze have already been contacted, and that Napier is the third in consideration. 

Full disclosure, this is from a friend of a friend whose dad is on the board, so take it with a grain of salt like I am. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

FWIW, I have heard Gus is gone on Sunday win or lose. Word is the solid year comment got everyone on the same page. Have also heard that Cristobal and Freeze have already been contacted, and that Napier is the third in consideration. 

Full disclosure, this is from a friend of a friend whose dad is on the board. Take it for what it's worth. 

Hope you are right, but  I am not so sure.

Makes more sense to do it now, so we have a chance to make a splash and salvage recruiting before NSD.  

6 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Makes more sense to do it now, so we have a chance to make a splash and salvage recruiting before NSD.  

Since when did Auburn do anything that makes sense? If we are basing the viability of rumors on whether they make sense or not, we should probably just assume that the athletic department is going to do they opposite of what makes common sense.

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Full disclosure, this is from a friend of a friend whose dad is on the board, so take it with a grain of salt like I am. 

FWIW JHead from the bunker is hearing they are at least the top 2 options should a move happen & likely wouldn't have to go beyond them. There's no such thing as a good source on coach firings/searches but given his track record that's at least a positive.

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

@Beaker Actually now is not the ideal time. After the last game or after NSD is.

It’ll be Freeze. Hugh Freeze screams Auburn head coach. He fits right in with the rest of them. If it’s between Mario and Hugh, I’d give Hugh a solid 85% shot of being our next head coach. 

30 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Not so much wins and losses, but no spring practice, disrupted practice weeks and multiple players out. 

2020 being crazy coupled with the payout in a year with such loss in revenue...no movement. 

there are some good sources saying something is happening, I’m just not hearing it on my end. 

y’all asked...so...

It's much appreciated. Please don't take my comment as directed at you at all. It just makes me wonder what those boosters actually think a bright future under Gus looks like. It's like expecting Nathan Peterman to become a top NFL QB all the sudden. Just impossible. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’ll be Freeze. Hugh Freeze screams Auburn head coach. He fits right in with the rest of them. If it’s between Mario and Hugh, I’d give Hugh a solid 85% shot of being our next head coach. 

And this is what worries me. No offense to Freeze but I want a coach that when he steps into the room everyone stops talking cause he walks in and commands authority. But honestly at this point I’d take either of them in a heartbeat over Gustav. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’ll be Freez

No way....If that happens, it won't....no just NO!...Sark should be 1st but between HF and MC, give me Mario all day long

8 hours ago, woodford said:

If Muschamp could just hire a proper staff and SCORE POINTS he would be perfect for Auburn. But alas, life is not perfect. 

I just had an epiphany, I think you said it best. If they fire Gus, they will absolutely zero in on Muschamp, who are we kidding? He LOVES Auburn. He will beg them to hire him. 

He loved it so much that he has left twice.   Once for the same position.    No thanks to him.   

12 minutes ago, chizhead said:

No way....If that happens, it won't....no just NO!...Sark should be 1st but between HF and MC, give me Mario all day long

Sark has that bama OC glow about him. Every bama OC looks great. It's the players not him. 

Archived