Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

34 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

FWIW, I have heard Gus is gone on Sunday win or lose. Word is the solid year comment got everyone on the same page. Have also heard that Cristobal and Freeze have already been contacted, and that Napier is the third in consideration. 

Full disclosure, this is from a friend of a friend whose dad is on the board, so take it with a grain of salt like I am. 

I know Barnacle has something to do with a ship, so if you are wrong you will walk the plank.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So ready for a big change at HC! End this and make Christmas great again. ;) 

16 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

And this is what worries me. No offense to Freeze but I want a coach that when he steps into the room everyone stops talking cause he walks in and commands authority. But honestly at this point I’d take either of them in a heartbeat over Gustav. 

Oh goodness;   if Auburn had the chance to hire either one and we skip on the guy who played at the highest level, coached on great staffs and has seen a thing or two and chopping on the bit to return to the SE - - ---   please tell me Freeze is not our top choice.  

We could double Cristobal's salary and still pay Gus the annual money we owe after his initial payment - all for 7.5 mil/yr.

20 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

He loved it so much that he has left twice.   Once for the same position.    No thanks to him.   

He left for a DC job at Texas and then a HC gig. It’s not like he left for anything below his role. 

25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’ll be Freeze. Hugh Freeze screams Auburn head coach. He fits right in with the rest of them. If it’s between Mario and Hugh, I’d give Hugh a solid 85% shot of being our next head coach. 

I'm not at all upset if it ends up being him. He's got baggage, but he also runs a competent offense.

He does fit the good ole boy mentality that we seem to be drawn to, but if he comes in and we start scoring in bunches, sign me up.

With that being said, I'll take any competent coach with a pulse at this point. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

He left for a DC job at Texas and then a HC gig. It’s not like he left for anything below his role. 

The DC job was the same one he had at Auburn.  If he loved it so much, why leave?   Money!! It shows no love for that institution.   That’s all I was getting at 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I SWEAR P Marsh just recycles the same 3 or 4 articles every year and just tweaks the headline a little! They all seem exactly the same to me. I really see no value to what he brings.

Gus has gotten so predictable that PM no longer has to work for his pay and can just hit the recycle button every season...

33 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

And this is what worries me. No offense to Freeze but I want a coach that when he steps into the room everyone stops talking cause he walks in and commands authority.

Freeze has a much different personality than Gus. Much more engaging & actually develops his offensive skill players. Look at Malik Willis for example. When he was at AU his passing game was horrible. If we are going to get back to beating the Bama's & UGA's in today's college football environment we need a coach that can develop QBs & there aren't many of them out there.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Freeze has a much different personality than Gus. Much more engaging & actually develops his offensive skill players. Look at Malik Willis for example. When he was at AU his passing game was horrible.

Yeah I get it and I agree he’d do a much much better job developing players than currently. Again like I said I’d take either right now over Gustav. I’m just more of a Cristobal fan and have been for a while. But if the day comes and Freeze is chosen I won’t be upset. 

If somebody would have just killed that damn goat that Gus got the pics of the PTB with before it happened we could have avoided this whole mess. Who’s job was that?

Just now, tbone1430 said:

Yeah I get it and I agree he’d do a much much better job developing players than currently. Again like I said I’d take either right now over Gustav. I’m just more of a Cristobal fan and have been for a while. But if the day comes and Freeze is chosen I won’t be upset. 

May not change your opinion but see what I added at the end of mine as you replied FWIW.

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

The DC job was the same one he had at Auburn.  If he loved it so much, why leave?   Money!! It shows no love for that institution.   That’s all I was getting at 

technically, he took the DC job at Texas with the understanding that if he could replicate what he did at Auburn or continue what Chiz did at Texas, he could be named HC in waiting.  After one year, he got a bump in pay and the title HC in waiting.   They paid more and offered more of a future.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May not change your opinion but see what I added at the end of mine as you replied FWIW.

Yeah true I get what you mean. I guess my thing that I cling to with Cristobal is I know 1000% he can recruit and develop an elite offensive line and I totally agree QB play is paramount to beating great teams but if you can’t protect him it’s useless. I can’t remember if Freeze was good at pulling offensive lineman I know he could get WRs and develop QBs I’m sure you’d know more about his recruiting skills than me. 

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

If somebody would have just killed that damn goat that Gus got the pics of the PTB with before it happened we could have avoided this whole mess. Who’s job was that?

Mikey’s???:dunno:

50 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’ll be Freeze. Hugh Freeze screams Auburn head coach. He fits right in with the rest of them. If it’s between Mario and Hugh, I’d give Hugh a solid 85% shot of being our next head coach. 

So everyone will be comfortable with Auburn being on probation after 2 years with Freeze? Good to know

i think anyone expecting an announcement on gustaves future prior to this weekend is setting theirself up for disappointment if we win or lose we still may not even hear an announcement till sometime next week perhaps the day of the SEC Championship game. i know folks dont like the thought of going a whole week or two without solid info or news but as ole little nicky in tuscaloosa would say "It is what it is" 

as i said earlier in this thread not much Greene can say other than "Gus is our football coach and we will sit down and evaluate  everything after the Mississippi State game" i say possible announcement this sunday at earliest or possibly next weekend  SEC Championship weekend at the latest again i know folks dont wanna hear that but its how things are

not an insider im just a guy giving a realistic picture of things atm War Eagle whatever happens

p.s. josh moon is the last place folks should look to for info

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

So everyone will be comfortable with Auburn being on probation after 2 years with Freeze? Good to know

He learned from his mistakes and won’t repeat the same things to get caught again, come on man!!!

I want to see Auburn take a step out of that good old boy network and hire an outsider. Freeze may run a better offense than Gus, but it feels like the two guys have the same claim to fame. I’m worried about recruiting. I just don’t see how Freeze can walk into a room after Saban, Kirby, Mullen, O, or Kiffin and walk out with a recruit feeing like he’s the guy that can get him to the promised land. The highest profile job he’s held was at Ole Piss. Just another high school football coach with an exciting offense and a white visor. 

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

He got Ole Miss in big NCAA trouble.  Look at what they are doing to AU BB due to Coach Pearl being our guy.  Hire Freeze and Auburn will get a weekly colonoscopy from those goons.

Archived